PDA

View Full Version : A declaration of war on all envelope manufacturers.

Psychotic
12-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Whilst happily licking away at envelopes containing Christmas cards to some of you ingrates, I ended up paper cutting my tongue along the edge of an envelope. Yes, it does indeed sting like hell. I now wish death whoever invented lick-seal envelopes, and I vow revenge.

You're going to post about weird/painful places where you've received cuts or wounds.

In case you were wondering, it happened on Misfit's envelope, and it happened again on Xander's. I'm going to get them both for it too.

blackmage_nuke
12-12-2006, 06:31 AM
Why would you lick the envelope? Just close it or use water. Does added saliva somehow personalise each letter? If so just spit on it

I never had any bad cuts :)

-

Meat Puppet
12-12-2006, 06:36 AM
My cat enjoys slicing me up between my fingures, on my lips, and inside my nose. These cuts are really more annoying than painful; they tend to split open whenever I’m doing important things, like talking or picking my nose. Also, back in my photography days, I would get all sorts of chemicals in the fingure wounds, because I am very careless and forgetful about important details such as wearing a band-aid or glove. I’ll probably get liver cancer or some sort of chronic disease because of this.

I have decided that these probably can only be classified as scratches. Hopefully this will not matter, because I don’t think I’ve ever been cut open or wounded, and I really wanted to post in this thread.

The Captain
12-12-2006, 06:55 AM
We lose more people to envelope licking every year. It started with Seinfeld and has only grown since.

The strangest place I can recall getting injured would probably be the skin near the joint that links my forearm to my bicep. I had given blood and decided to play tennis (Smart idea). So, about ten minutes in, I felt a RIP and the bandage that I'd had on had tore off and the little puncture where the needle had gone in became a nice big open wound that wouldn't stop bleeding for several hours. Like the true sportsman, i.e. idiot, I am, I just switched hands to my weaker side and kept playing after wrapping the wound. Eventually, it got worse and I needed two stiches for it.

The moral of the story obviously is that when you give blood, make sure they take it out of your less dominate arm.

Take care all.

theundeadhero
12-12-2006, 07:03 AM
You know I love you too much for you to cut your tongue on my envelope.

I once cut the bottom of my nose, the little part between the nostrils, while shaving. I was squeemish while shaving for weeks afterwards in fear that I might cut it again.

Mirage
12-12-2006, 07:14 AM
I cut my finger to the bone one time when I was slicing up bread.

oddler
12-12-2006, 07:19 AM
I have a scar on my cheek where a dog scratched me right under my eye. I also have a deep scar on my lip from getting hit in the face with a full, unopened can of Mountain Dew. Can we also wage war on Mountain Dew?

Oh, and use a sponge next time. Haven't you ever seen Step by Step? :p

Martyr
12-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Sliced my finger in half using one of those meat slicers at the grocery store (I was a Deli Associate, and the man wanted his roast beef)

Funny how the roast beef was all bloody, so, during the clean up, we had to bleach everything because nobody was sure whether the blood came from by finger of the beef.

Thankfully, the guy didn't mind.

Okay, fine, he did mind, and that injury cost us an entire loaf of roast beef. Plus, i took 7 stitches. It was my good finger too, so I had to do everything left handed for, like 2 weeks.

Mirage
12-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Human blood has never killed anyone :p.

NorthernChaosGod
12-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Whilst happily licking away at envelopes containing Christmas cards to some of you ingrates, I ended up paper cutting my tongue along the edge of an envelope. Yes, it does indeed sting like hell. I now wish death whoever invented lick-seal envelopes, and I vow revenge.

You're going to post about weird/painful places where you've received cuts or wounds.

In case you were wondering, it happened on Misfit's envelope, and it happened again on Xander's. I'm going to get them both for it too.

Now you're going to get cockroaches in your tongue.

AIDS?

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-12-2006, 07:59 AM
I got cut by a piece of grass once on the finger if that counts.

Martyr
12-12-2006, 08:05 AM

AIDS?

You're thinking of Monkey Blood

I got cut by a blade of grass once on the finger if that counts.

Fixed.

Rusty
12-12-2006, 09:21 AM
I feel your pain, Psy. Whilst licking envelopes for the CCE I cute the top of my lip and it swelled. Though I forgot whose card was inside, so I can't seek my revenge.

Little Blue
12-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I accidentally stabbed myself between my thumb and finger when I was younger. I slipped with a pair of scissors and they impaled me :D Recently though I smacked my knee into the door and that hurt for ages (I think it also dentd the bone, but I might be imagining that), but after the pain went away it felt like a brand new knee. I found that odd, and dissappointing now that its back to creaking like a rusty door now...

Madame Adequate
12-12-2006, 09:42 AM
I didn't even know they still made ones you had to lick.

Which saddened me, because I like the taste.

Now I'm happier though :jess: I'm going to find some! :hyper:

Disco Potato
12-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Last year I cut my thumb with a mechanical pencil while taking notes in class. It was close to the knuckle, so for three weeks every time I bent my finger it would start stinging and bleeding :-\

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Dare I even say where?

Bunny
12-12-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't lick envelopes ever since cloning became possible.

TRUST NO ONE

mooglebunni608
12-12-2006, 03:34 PM
A paper cut under my fingernail. It was impossible to use that finger for a month, and I cut it on the shower curtain. Now I am afraid of lots of bath-time things... like shampoo bottles with flipping lid T_T

Peegee
12-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Quick put sugar on your tongue! Next time use a sponge or a tissue :)

Quindiana Jones
12-12-2006, 04:02 PM
I've been shot in the arse and bollocks before. With a paintball. The arse stung, but the bollock shot paralyzed me for a fair few seconds.

Jess
12-12-2006, 04:04 PM
I've done that before too! It ruins many foods. :(

Once whilst shaving my legs I've slipped with the razor and cut through my fingernail. Seriously ow.

Oh, and I'd just like to point out that whoever made :jess: a post icon is my hero. :jess:!

Denmark
12-12-2006, 04:09 PM
I was at a party once and I had lots of soda (yes, really soda, no alcohol was involved in this, it was a dinner party for my mom's friend's birthday) and I was really hyper and I crushed the glass I had been drinking from in my hand. Ironically, I had said earlier that night that someone was eventually going to break a glass, just because that sort of stuff happens. Anyway, got some nice cuts in my hand, still have a barely visible scar in my right middle finger.

Chloe.
12-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Once whilst shaving my legs I've slipped with the razor and cut through my fingernail. Seriously ow.

I've done this too. :(

Roto13
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
I was hoping it was my envelope, as punishment for losing my address. *flick*

Owen Macwere
12-12-2006, 05:09 PM
I always burn my tongue with the tea, coffee.. etc. I also once had a tiny tany part of my bed's head wood in my middle fingure, my hand was parallised for 3 days, so annoying. XD

Jojee
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I used to cut myself all the time while shaving, but now I am better at it ^_^

I get papercuts when I try to read class assignments, so I've stopped reading them.

Savern Volaco
12-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Not paper cut on tongue but Lid cut? and I well my cat clung onto my back once like a evil alien ar somthing and I had claw marks all up and down my back I did scream like a girl it scared me bad...I did train her to do so, I ramble to much...I know it is a bad habbit but...

Miss_Lulu
12-12-2006, 10:49 PM

You loser.

I did that once before. =D

kikimm
12-13-2006, 12:28 AM

Hey me too. But it wasn't while shaving my legs. I don't remember what I was doing.

I think I also cut the back of my head with a razor. And you know that resulted in me losing clumps of hair.

Madame Adequate
12-13-2006, 01:21 AM

How... how hard were you shaving, to pull that off? :confused:

Rocket Edge
12-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Trying to pick grass when i was younger i slit my finger, and then when i was running in to complain to my mother i got another grass-cut on my leg. It was alive!!

escobert
12-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Kill Shay and Xander obviously.

Hambone
12-13-2006, 01:43 AM
I've cut myself that way, Psy. It takes about a week to completely heal. Don't consume anything with citrus in it...:(

Xaven
12-13-2006, 01:53 AM
Once when running my hand along the bottom of my bathtub, some of the stuff that's supposed to act as grip got jammed under my right ring finger. It hurt and bled. ;___;

Another day, I was using the computer and looked at my left hand in horror to find a deep gash a few centimeters long on the skin that connects the thumb to the hand. It was bleeding a bit, but I have no idea as to how it got there. D:

1) Who licks envelopes anymore?
2) You can actually cut yourself doing that? Sucks for you people.

kikimm
12-13-2006, 02:13 AM
I didn't know people...didn't lick envelopes. I've always licked them. Always. Everybody I know licks them. Everybody.

escobert
12-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Seriously, who doesn't lick envelopes?

Leen-Leen
12-13-2006, 02:58 AM
I don't lick envelopes. My mom told me this story when I was little where there was a cockroach egg or something on the envelope, and when someone licked it :Oo:

So I don't lick envelopes. I use water instead. The envelopes don't taste good anyways.

theundeadhero
12-13-2006, 03:56 AM
I can't deny that I'm an envelope licker.

Bunny
12-13-2006, 04:07 AM

Hey me too. But it wasn't while shaving my legs. I don't remember what I was doing.

:)

I like you.

Renmiri
12-13-2006, 04:35 AM
Whilst happily licking away at envelopes containing Christmas cards to some of you ingrates, I ended up paper cutting my tongue along the edge of an envelope....

Just finished addressing all mine with no mishaps, thank heavens! Sticky tape FTW! :p

The 3 worst things that happened to me all involved horses. One reared with me on top, making me fall (I was riding him w/o a saddle). The other galloped towards a fence then suddenly stopped, throwing me over the fence (again no saddle) :rolleyes2 . So I stopped riding them horses w/o saddle. Then the last one was a very tame horse, I had a Mexican saddle, which pretty much equals you are "glued" to the horse's back but still got hurt....

We were galloping downhill through some woody hills and suddenly there was this sharp twig about to slash across my face - I would get a nice "Bash's style" gash on my forehead if lucky, an "Auron style" scar if not. So I covered my face with my arms and have the scar on my left arm until today... :(

I stopped being so crazy for riding after that :greenie:

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I get cooky little monkeys to lick my envelopes. Man, they love that stuff. But when they papercut their tongues, they claw my face. :(