PDA

View Full Version : Firefly accessory?

Young Kefka
12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Does this have any sidequest purpose or something? Cause it is an accessory that reduces your exp to 0.... :mad: Doesn't make much sense... It has a semi-high selling price...and I'm tempted to sell it because i'm desperate for gil... But something is telling me not to sell a useless piece of crap (knowing how other FF's are....).

Timerk
12-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I assume it is for people who want to do low level challenges, but I really don't know.

Renmiri
12-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Well, when my Vaan is 2-3 levels above the rest I equip him with it and make a party with him and my two weaker characters. This way I have a high hitter in my party, while I level up my weaklings, without making him end up 10 levels higher :D

Lynx
12-13-2006, 07:35 AM
if your strapped for cash sell it you can buy them later in the game. i think its purpose would be this.

my example.
vaan lvl 43
balthier lvl 43
ashe lvl 43
panelo lvl 13
bashe lvl 14
fran lvl 13

now if i wnated to lvl up panelo bashe or fran qucikly i would go to my more higher leveled enemy areas and level them up quickly by hvaeing vaan my strong character and panelo and fran or bashe fighting with me. vaan could win the battles by himself and with the firefly equipped he wouldnt start exceeding lvls over ashe and balthier because i like keeping them around the same level.

firefly is a goor way of equaling out everyones levels really.

but... if you have no intentions of equaling out levels then sell it and never buy it back.

also i would use it for keeping my guys getting to strong and makeing the game too easy i like a challange because in my opinion video games are too easy these days.

Sparky
12-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Do you think it takes the exp from whoever has it equiped and transfers it to all others?

remnant1
12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
no i tried that and it dint work.you know how exp is dividd right?well i had baltheir train by himself to get 3x the amount of exp normal and he was geting 6000.i put vaan in to cure balthier of stop and i equiped vaan with the firefly and vaan killed the enimie(gambit mistake)and the enimie gave me 4000 somthing.and it WAS the same monster

Renmiri
12-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Do you think it takes the exp from whoever has it equiped and transfers it to all others?

I never noticed it. Maybe. Makes sense.

Nominus Experse
12-13-2006, 06:47 PM
It doesn't re-distribute the experience gained to the others in the party. I recall becoming excited about the accessory, put soon found out that the item does not work especially well. It does provide a minor stat boost in certain areas, but that is it.

Simply sell it. A better way to accrue experience is to just send out two people instead of three, or raise your lower level party at the same rate as your other one.

remnant1
12-14-2006, 02:23 PM
i lvled everone one up 5 time in less than one hour by training 1 person at a time.it helps very much.well vaan i lvled up 7 only cus i want him stronger:rabite:

Dell
12-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I like my party to have a close amount of EXP so if one of my character's EXP surpasses the other by 1000 or more, I equip them with Firefly or remove their Embroidered Tippet.

six underground
12-20-2006, 02:32 PM
you know it's funny because for once (for me, anyway) people prefer their characters to be around the same levels :) when i was playing tactics, it was still ivalice but i didn't mind Ramza going beyond everyone else, or that Malak was gathering dust in the party screen :)