PDA

View Full Version : Melly things that have happened to you recently

Rye
12-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Let's talk about the melly fortunes that have happened to you lately.

1) I'm getting my professional digital camera for Christmas, so I can actually do photography on a proper camera and not a point & shoot. I'm so ecstatically happy about that, I've been dreaming about that camera for months.

2) My laptop, which has been in repair for the past 2 or 3 weeks (I can't even remember anymore), was just mailed back to me! I'm so happy over this, I didn't expect it back for another week or two.

Share share share, I'm in a good mood~

Jojee
12-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Umm... I don't have herpes ^_^

Xander
12-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I met a lovely guy who I've been talking to nonstop for like three weeks. XD very happy times.

And umm, I got my dance mat, and life has been awesome since I get to dance so much now *addiction*

And I'm getting 3 DS games at Christmas which I can't wait for!

And mostly, everything's great! Very melly! :D

Little Blue
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I had an exam yesterday that I thought was going to be really hard and was really easy instead. That's probably the best thing that's happened to me recently :(

Chloe.
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I only have to go into school for about an hour and a half tomorrow and then me and my friends are going into to town afterwards! I'm really looking forward to it! :bigsmile:

Strider
12-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Today is my day off! That isn't really fortune, though, as much as routine. xD

Breine
12-12-2006, 09:30 PM
I've been so sick the last couple of days that I couldn't eat (I had a very severe case of inflammation in my throat) and swallowing was just torture. Well, I just got better today and now I'm finally able to eat, which I'm going to celebrate by eating some chocolate in about 5 minutes :) - I'm also going back to school tomorrow, but I don't know how good that is :eep:

The Captain
12-12-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm nearly done editing a film I've been working on all term, and by editing, I mean actual cutting and pasting together of the film strips, which has been a long and tiring process.

My band has a few gigs in the near future and we may be able to get into the recording studio early next year.

Finally, I'm debating whether I want to spend New Year's in NYC. I haven't since 2000, and a part of me wants to stay away, but a lot of my friends from out of town may be around, so I might suck it up and go.

Take care all.

Rye
12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm nearly done editing a film I've been working on all term, and by editing, I mean actual cutting and pasting together of the film strips, which has been a long and tiring process.

My band has a few gigs in the near future and we may be able to get into the recording studio early next year.

Finally, I'm debating whether I want to spend New Year's in NYC. I haven't since 2000, and a part of me wants to stay away, but a lot of my friends from out of town may be around, so I might suck it up and go.

Take care all.

How is New Year's in NYC anyway? I've never tried it, just Thanksgiving in NYC, which was freezing enough! I've always wanted to hop the train and go there for New Years, but my parents never want to go and it's so cold! ;_;

The Captain
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
If you love drunken people, it's paradise!

In all seriousness, it's a very unique experience, as the sheer energy generated by thousands of people all in one space together is like nothing I've ever experienced. Partially due to it having been 2000, partially just it being NYC, people were literally jumping all over each other, everyone kissing whomever they could, cops sharing beers with everyone too.

I will say though, that it can get very wild too and people can be very rowdy AND definitely DO NOT even think about driving in. Train it or nothing else. The traffic is madness to the highest degree.

If you plan to go in, I'd say, get there earlier rather than later, so you can feel the energy build up and also, so you can get a more prime location to see the ball drop.

Also, if this December stays the way it is, it might end up being 60 degrees on New Year's. Al Gore, you were right!

Take care all.

Shlup
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
*looks up this "melly" word to find out it's meaning*

Technically, Melly is bisexual, but moved from strictly homosexual relationships in his 'teens and twenties to largely heterosexual relationships from his thirties onwards.

Well then. I don't think this is an appropriate topic for a pink message board. *closes*

Rye
12-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, Captain, seriously. xD New York's weather has been in the 60s lately, it's wonderful, but kind of bizarre. And of course, my parents don't even like to drive into the city on normal days, we always train it. I'd love to go one day to take a lot of photos... with my new camera (:jess:), though I'd be a bit cautious, because the crowds ARE rowdy, like you said.

And melly is Engrish for merry, silly! :p

Jojee
12-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Technically, Melly is bisexual, but moved from strictly homosexual relationships in his 'teens and twenties to largely heterosexual relationships from his thirties onwards.

Oooh, in <i>that</i> case, I have a lot to share ;)

The Captain
12-12-2006, 09:53 PM
In all honesty, there is nothing like being able to take pictures of NYC when it's completely jam packed of people. Some of my all-time favorite pictures stem from that new year's celebration and I am a very mediocre cameraperson. In the hands of a talented one, such as yourself Jess, I'd imagine they'd look splendid. With all the lights in Times Square too, you'd think it was still daylight at midnight when you look at some of the photos at a glance.

I guess in closing, if you go in, make sure you go with a group, be it friends or family, because it can be a mad house and it's better to get lost amid the crowds with people than alone.

Take care all.

kikimm
12-13-2006, 12:35 AM
I met Jeremy on Sunday! That was very good times ;D

And everyone's Christmas present arrived on time. Thank God. And now they are all nice and wrapped and ready to be opened yay.

I don't have to give my presentation in English!

That should do it.

Rye
12-13-2006, 12:41 AM
I met Jeremy on Sunday! That was very good times ;D

Lucky, kikimm!

That must have been fun. I want to meet him and we could paint each others nails red! :jess:

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm getting a sexy ass watch for Christmas. It's made of gaffer tape (duct tape for the more boring).

Ummm.....apart from that, no.

Kossage
12-13-2006, 09:46 PM
I recently got my hands on the first set (books 1, 11 and 21) of the Finnish version of the Carl Barks Library, and I've been reading the Donald Duck and Scrooge McDuck comics and detailed articles found in that set. :)

Savern Volaco
12-13-2006, 09:53 PM
It seems I have been enjoying the sound of misery while watching history channel, I tied up my nephew and made him watch the discovery channel all for the loast two days. (I hope he dosn't go mad...) plus I told him if he didn't quit I would punish him severly I don't lie about that.

Rocket Edge
12-13-2006, 10:11 PM
My birthday, oh and while i was on a college break two weeks ago, i drew my grandmother and gave it to her. It didn't take too much time, but she was happy with the result (she had been asking me for a while to draw her when she was young).

blackmage_nuke
12-13-2006, 10:21 PM
I had ramen for lunch :D

-