PDA

View Full Version : So just how touching is the Good Ending in this game?

Dr. Casey
12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
One of my best friends said that the ending was so touching he actually cried. First time he did so in 13 years. Is it really that beautiful of an ending?

Necronopticous
12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
It's on YouTube if you aren't going to play the game to find out for yourself.

Dr. Casey
12-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm thinking of getting the game for Christmas. Doesn't look all that bad; it seems like it has its good points (not talking about the fanservice, either).

Necronopticous
12-12-2006, 09:15 PM
It's not a bad game. You should avoid learning about the ending if you're planning on playing it, though.

Christmas
12-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes

Timerk
12-13-2006, 05:16 PM
One of my best friends said that the ending was so touching he actually cried. First time he did so in 13 years. Is it really that beautiful of an ending?

It depends on how invested you were in the characters and story of FFX.

Overall, I thought it was a fun diversion.

Sefie1999AD
12-13-2006, 07:44 PM
The good ending is kind of sweet, though I didn't think it was that touching. As for the game, I think its good points are the battle system with the Job system and fast-paced ATB battles, and the characters. Although some people are really annoyed about some of the characters, I found most of them pretty well done (especially Shuyin), and I also liked it how the voice acting had improved greatly after FFX's somewhat lacking quality.

jammi567
12-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I certainly didn't find it that emotional. it was good, but that's all.

SeeDRankLou
12-13-2006, 09:37 PM
The Sad Ending is rather touching, but the Good Ending is just sweet. I find the Normal Ending more touching than the Good Ending.

Sefie1999AD
12-15-2006, 03:54 PM
The Sad Ending is rather touching, but the Good Ending is just sweet. I find the Normal Ending more touching than the Good Ending.

What's the sad ending? I don't think you're talking about the ending where Vegnagun destroys the world.

Devil Shroom
12-15-2006, 05:55 PM

Gotta agree with that. I think,
"It all began when I saw this sphere of you"
Is an amazing ending line!

SeeDRankLou
12-15-2006, 07:42 PM
What's the sad ending? I don't think you're talking about the ending where Vegnagun destroys the world.

No, that's the bad ending. The sad ending is where you do some but not all of the stuff to get the good ending, so at the end of the game after you defeat Shuyin, you press X while in the farplane. If you were getting the good ending, you would speak to the fayth. But if you are getting the sad ending, you get this scene where Tidus in pyrefly form appears and hugs Yuna from behind, and Yuna says goodbye to him. It's actually quite sad, almost as sad as the end to FFX.

Tavrobel
12-15-2006, 08:47 PM
I like the ending where he blows up the world. It means I actually accomplished something in FFX-2.

No.78
12-16-2006, 11:39 AM
I like the ending where he blows up the world. It means I actually accomplished something in FFX-2.

Are you EVER happy?

animegrl357
12-23-2006, 04:01 AM
whoa, i got the sad ending? O.O darn, now i gotta get the perfect ending, normal ending, and good ending and bad ending. why does this have so many endings??? how do i get the bad ending? not beat the dude?

Tavrobel
12-23-2006, 07:51 AM
why does this have so many endings???

LOL @ yew (http://www.eyesonff.com/cc/)

Sefie1999AD
12-24-2006, 12:17 PM

No, that's the bad ending. The sad ending is where you do some but not all of the stuff to get the good ending, so at the end of the game after you defeat Shuyin, you press X while in the farplane. If you were getting the good ending, you would speak to the fayth. But if you are getting the sad ending, you get this scene where Tidus in pyrefly form appears and hugs Yuna from behind, and Yuna says goodbye to him. It's actually quite sad, almost as sad as the end to FFX.

I see. I think I've only seen a Japanese clip of that, and it was using the in-game graphics, not FMV graphics. Do you know if there's an English YouTube clip of it somewhere? In the Japanese version, when Yuna says her farewells to Tidus, she's almost crying, and she says, "Arigatou" (Thank you). Was this translated correctly this time, or was it translated as "I love you" just like in the ending of FFX?

NeoCracker
12-25-2006, 08:20 AM
The "Good" ending of FF X was so touching it completely massacred X's most redeeming quality, the ending.

Setzer Gabianni
12-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Neither ending made me cry. Somehow I know XII will make me cry bucketloads.

But enough of that. No FF ending has ever reduced me to tears. The only thing that REALLY made me cry was Aurons death.

Well, his sending.

~Setzer Gabianni