PDA

View Full Version : the day my ship came in...

sephirothishere
12-12-2006, 10:25 PM
what did winning a ciddy mean to you guys...

personally...when i found out i won "most likely to get their fingers stuck in a finger trap"...i was pretty damn pleased...it will always be referred to as the day my ship came in...^^....

Jowy
12-12-2006, 10:27 PM
It made the size of my ego increase three times.

Jojee
12-12-2006, 10:27 PM
I always seem to just miss Ciddies or come back just when Ciddies are happening since I tend to leave the forums for some months, then come back and grace them with my presence for some more months... and repeat... ^_^

But Ciddies are fun :</>D I don't think I was ever <i>too</i> excited at winning any though. xD

That being said, I don't remember what ones I've ever won :\

Strider
12-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Winning the Best Writer Ciddie was more of an affirmation to me that people really appreciated the work I had put into my stories.

sephirothishere
12-12-2006, 10:36 PM
yeh..well..jowy...your internet muscle is making me rather perturbed now...>.<.....meh...at least your cool...btu cmon...how the hell did i get 5th place in sexiest male...5th dammit....

Xander
12-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I think I won Cutest Female twice now, and I was pretty surprised but happy that people think I'm cute, it's a lifestyle y'know. :jess:

Shlup
12-12-2006, 10:40 PM
The Ciddies are a sham.

Spatvark
12-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Looking back at it, when I won my three Best Writer Ciddies, I didn't really deserve any of them, when compared to Bunny (What on earth is her username these days?) or some others who posted around back then. But back then, it made me feel pretty damn appreciated. The Best Regular Ciddie was probably my favourite, especially after I narrowly missed out on Best Newbie previously (think I did at least XD), since it was far more of a general population thing, and just stated that I was all-around awesome. Nowadays, I don't need a Ciddie to tell me that, I already know XD

The Site Staff Highwind award meant quite a bit in its own way, but to be honest, I expected to win it that time. The first time and this time, I really wasn't too sure I would, though I still feel cheated (AZAR MUST DIE!) I didn't get it this time round.

Still, it's funny that the Site Staff Highwind award is the second category created solely for me to win, and I only got it on the second attempt, never winning the first category at all. But then, how many of you can say you had categories created just for you? XD

Martyr
12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
I didn't win, but I got six votes for the "Most Likely To Rebel etc." Award.
I'm satisfied that six people have that much faith in my ambition to achieve greatness.

However, that ciddie seems to have been more relevant to other members, Raistlin, apparently, to be specific, and, had I won it, well, I would have felt a little like a thief.

orever

XxSephirothxX
12-12-2006, 10:52 PM
The Site Staff Highwind award meant quite a bit in its own way, but to be honest, I expected to win it that time. The first time and this time, I really wasn't too sure I would, though I still feel cheated (AZAR MUST DIE!) I didn't get it this time round.
Hey, I voted for you. :p

Elite Lord Sigma
12-12-2006, 10:58 PM
I'll let you know in several months.

Xander
12-12-2006, 11:21 PM
The Ciddies are a sham.

I agree with that thing that sexiest couple should be introduced for you guys, especially reading some of the things you posted in innocent girl/boy threads lately ;D

Roto13
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I won Best Regular last time around. That was kinda neat. I put a ciddie in my sig and Leeza made me take it out because it made my sig 0.3k over the limit.

Loony BoB
12-12-2006, 11:33 PM
It was awesome. I'm not good at describing emotions.

Faris
12-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Never won one, so I wouldn't know. :D

Shauna
12-12-2006, 11:42 PM
yeh..well..jowy...your internet muscle is making me rather perturbed now...>.<.....meh...at least your cool...btu cmon...how the hell did i get 5th place in sexiest male...5th dammit....

Can you not stop complaining about that, seriously? xD Like I said, you should be happy you won ANY Ciddie at all. :P

Anyway, I was pretty happy - well, extremely happy - when I won Best Newbie. I so didn't think I was gonna win it. xD It just didn't seem like it was gonna happen at all. :D

Avarice-ness
12-12-2006, 11:58 PM
It did! Until the next Ciddie every person that makes a thread that says "I'm a newb!" I can respond with "Oh yeah! Well I'm the BEST Newb! My ciddie says so! :D"

:razz:

[Edit] I also like the fact I was nominated for Sexiest Female. :) OH WOW. I just noticed that no one thought I'd win which would imply I wouldn't even be a high vote but I was 4th for it! :razz:

Spatvark
12-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Hey, I voted for you. :p

...so did I ;_;

Christmas
12-13-2006, 10:22 AM
It mean who you see as friends turn against you overnight.

Nominus Experse
12-13-2006, 10:38 AM
I failed to win one, and the category that I thought I might have been nominated in, I wasn't. But I did manage 19 or so nominations in the Best Posts category, so I feel as though I did not completely fail.

KentaRawr!
12-13-2006, 11:03 AM
I won no ciddies, and that saddens me deeply. Of course, I admit that I have not done anything that spectacular on the boards recently. Plus, I kinda screwed my chance at "best avatar" when the Annual CYA thread came around.