PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix and Nintendo

Crossblades
12-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Discuss the support SE is giving to Nintendo's consoles(DS, Wii, GBA). Is their relationship is just as good as the SNES days or do you think it could be better?

Zeromus_X
12-13-2006, 04:19 AM
I think that SE should focus on making their games for whatever console they think is best for their games. I'm not going to deny that I enjoy having some Nintendo SE stuff, but I don't think that their games should be exclusive to any company.

Edit: I slightly misread the question...:/ Well, yes, I'd say that their games for Nintendo consoles have been pretty fantastic as of late, if that's what you mean. I'm pretty ecstatic over the ports, the new Crystal Chronicles game, the FFIII remake, and now apparently Dragon Quest IX for the DS. It seems that they're making mostly portable games for Nintendo though.

Crossblades
12-13-2006, 04:20 AM
I think that SE should focus on making their games for whatever console they think is best for their games. I'm not going to deny that I enjoy having some Nintendo SE stuff, but I don't think that their games should be exclusive to any company.

Could you make your opinion into an option in my poll, please?:D

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2006, 10:00 AM
I think it's good that Squenix is finally opening up their franchise to multiple platforms at once. It makes better business sense. Though I feel that Zeromus-X has hit it right by suggesting that SE focus on systems that will help them for their games.

The GBA and DS have been getting alot of love cause they are both selling incredibly well as well as idea that it wouldn't take much to port over the older games. But the recent remakes are very promising.

Wild0ne
12-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I think its great, but could be better...Granted that when NES and SNES were out it was just getting started and becoming the giant it is today. But now it seems that nintendo just gets all the spinoffs, while Sony gets the new games. CC? wtf.... Remakes of the old FFs? Good, but we seen those games before... FFTA? like it says in the forums..since mean does a diluted game make it advance?? Not worth the FFT name..Should be Care Bears Tactics Advance...

And who said that the FFs have to get better graphics with each new release? I think a new FF on the Wii (say XIV) would be nice with decent graphics....