PDA

View Full Version : Ooooh! Take that!

Avarice-ness
12-13-2006, 04:30 AM
So I'm already planning to quit Macy's because since they do make alot of money every year, they tend to be very cheap when it comes to paying employee's what they need to just be able to have their own place.

So I just, almost unwillingly, went to Home Depot and applied, at random. I was just kind of angry so I went on an application spree. Since I was already planning to quit and I -know- Home Depot pays more I figured I might as well have the back up for when I do quit. I'm pretty sure I can get the job, my dad was an assitant Manager there for 5 years and says it's a pretty easy business to get into.

So, what kind of spur of the moment things have you guys done, be it drastic or not? :razz:

Martyr
12-13-2006, 04:36 AM
My entire life is spur of the moment.

Every once in a while, I'll plan Chriastmas or Thanksgiving or something, but I really have no idea what I'll be doing in the next 20 minutes.

41-Inches-Wide
12-13-2006, 04:41 AM
I buy things on impulse.
The problem is that I'm more often than not broke, so this is seriously taking a financial toll on me.

Araciel
12-13-2006, 04:44 AM
on impulse? i usually don't do anything that requires any amount of courage so i would say not much...the biggest thing i did was join a volunteer program...i saw an add, said why not, and the next month, i was flying across the country to live with 10 other young people.

after that i don't do hardly anything

Nominus Experse
12-13-2006, 04:49 AM
I think I have a strange addiction to interviews. I love them, because it's like a personal contest of winning the other over with complete bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:. I have a steady job, and it pays moderately well ($9.70/hr), but I still apply every once in a while just so that I might land an interview. It's exciting to me, all the moreso when they are enthused about the bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:, and then I politely decline the offer of working there.

On impulse? I clean and look through things, whether they be my own or some random stranger's bag. I can't help it, and it causes me to appear especially nosey when I honestly mean no harm in it.

I'm also something of a klepto...

Mirage
12-13-2006, 04:56 AM
I buy things impulsively, that's why my financial situation always sucks.

Bunny
12-13-2006, 05:25 AM
The day after Christmas break ended and I was supposed to go back to work I called in and said "I quit. I'm done, not working there anymore." Before that morning I had no plans of quitting.

August 2005, I joined the Navy after talking to the recruiter for a mere hour. I quickly found that I am not suited for the military and now I regret my decision.

Hambone
12-13-2006, 05:38 AM
I studied for my math final.

Jojee
12-13-2006, 05:43 AM
Good luck with your job, Avarice! ^_^

I quit my job on an impulse like that. xD Now I'm jobless. And lazy to get back into the workforce. :| And poor. But I go to school, so um... that's my excuse. :3

Avarice-ness
12-13-2006, 05:53 AM
Good luck with your job, Avarice! ^_^

I quit my job on an impulse like that. xD Now I'm jobless. And lazy to get back into the workforce. :| And poor. But I go to school, so um... that's my excuse. :3

Thank you! I knew I was going to have to quit my job eventually because the person who makes the highest at Macy's gets paid what my minimum is to be able to move out on my own and such. I don't think I'll quit anytime soon I just want to make sure I have my backup job first. :)

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2006, 09:32 AM
I've done the "quit my job on an impulse" I used to work for Kohl's, so I understand where you are coming from. My last ex was caused by me acting on an impulse (I need to start paying more attention to my sixth sense that warns me about these things) :cry:

I could list alot of things I did on an impulse or just because I was bored at the time. I usually have trouble keeping my mouth shut as well. I tend to say things only for the sake of getting a rise out of people. Nothing hurtful, just weird and sick observations that make them stare at me in dibelief or back away slowly...

escobert
12-13-2006, 10:08 AM
My entire life is spur of the moment.

Every once in a while, I'll plan Chriastmas or Thanksgiving or something, but I really have no idea what I'll be doing in the next 20 minutes.

Same here except in 20 minutes I'll be at work :p