PDA

View Full Version : im doing a esay on Romeo & Juliet

Nightmare of darkness
12-13-2006, 04:52 PM
im doing a esay on that book. (it ant that good.well it is a romans ) and i make a Coat of arms.

1. if you read the book what did you think about it.
2. if you have a caot of arms what is it
3. if were to make one up what would it look like

PLZ hellp

http://membres.lycos.fr/dragons/animation1.gif

Rye
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Haha, I've had to do that project in freshman year.

I thought it was an okay play. I'm not much a fan of Shakesphere, or plays. The metaphors and the iambic pentameter are really impressive though.

A coat of arms is like... this for example:

http://www.lib.rpi.edu/Archives/gallery/symbols/institute_coat_of_arms.gif

If you were to make a coat of arms, it should include symbolic colors and symbols, like bravery (red, lion) or purity (white, a dove), etc.

Nightmare of darkness
12-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Haha, I've had to do that project in freshman year.

I thought it was an okay play. I'm not much a fan of Shakesphere, or plays. The metaphors and the iambic pentameter are really impressive though.

A coat of arms is like... this for example:

If you were to make a coat of arms, it should include symbolic colors and symbols, like bravery (red, lion) or purity (white, a dove), etc.

i am freeshmin and im reading the book

Vermachtnis
12-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Yea I remember doing that project as well. To make a Coat of Arms you should through in a couple of insignias, maybe your sign (IE Pisces, tauros, cancer ect), and maybe a few crucifixes for good measure. But, remember it is YOUR coat of arms.
Mine has a Dragon fish (I'm a pisces born on the year of the dragon) thing wrapped around a cross holding a calligraphy bush in his left hand and in his right hand was a Playstation controller. There was also some random things dealing with Videogames and art drawn on their respective sides. Got me a 94!

BTW, you probably will have Ceaser next year, Othello your eleventh year, and finish with Macbeth your twelth year.

Vivisteiner
12-13-2006, 05:12 PM
The first 2 and a bit acts are pretty good.

But by the end of the play, I disliked Romeo so much, that for me, the 'tragedy' wasnt really a tragedy.

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I love Shakespeare, but Romeo and Juliet isn't my fave. It's a good one, no doubt, but I prefer Henry V. Man that rocks my knockers.

Ummm....I can't remember what my coat of arms is. I know it has a raven on it somewhere. It'll also have something to do with Wales, and maybe a bit of Scotland. Probably more Welsh though, because the Scots are on the feminine side of the family (less important for ye olde coate ofe armse).

If I designed a coat of arms for myself, it'd be some awesome masterpiece of sexilicious yummy sexiness. It would be really cool, and highlight all my good characteristics.

Timerk
12-13-2006, 07:07 PM
It should be a dark red heart-shape with a gold border. The heart should be divided by a long, black triangle. On one side of the heart, a dagger; on the other, a tipped over bottle. You should also put one or two very dark red diamonds on either side of the heart. Then put a cool Latin phrase on the bottom.

You are so getting a A on this.

Jojee
12-14-2006, 02:07 AM
I think Romeo and Juliet are both kind of really stupid. :p But that's just me. ^^ Teenage angst, yay!<3

And I still don't get what a coat of arms is ever ._. I remember we had to make one in 3rd grade and I pasted a bunch of pictures onto a shield? I'm so confused.

Shlup
12-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Firstly, it isn't a book. Secondly, it isn't Roman.

As for your questions...

1) I thought it was ridiculous. Teenagers fall in love, get married, and kill themsevles over a feud and a miscommunication over a span of, what... three days? Not entertaining. Midsummer Night'd Dream is far better. Everyone has to do these projects in 9th grade; I played Juliet in the class play, in fact.

2) My mother's family's coat of arms is red with a crane (bird) on it holding a stone in it's claw.

3) You can pretty much do whatever you want.

Denmark
12-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Hamlet is the best Shakespeare play ever, hands down. If I had it right now I think I'd read it, since I'm bored.

R&J is really trite, at least nowadays (it obviously wasn't when it was written, being the first story of its variety), and I really didn't much care for it.

EDIT:
Secondly, it isn't Roman.

He meant "it's a romance". I think.

Shlup
12-14-2006, 02:28 AM
EDIT:

He meant "it's a romance". I think.

I would not have guessed that.

Jojee
12-14-2006, 02:29 AM
I played Juliet in the class play, in fact. I played Tybalt. ^_^ He's by far the best character <3

Shlup
12-14-2006, 02:31 AM
I do like Tybalt.

oddler
12-14-2006, 02:58 AM
I dislike the story but the idea is good.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
12-14-2006, 03:06 AM
I hated reading Romeo and Juilet. I hated Romeo, he was such a player. It really bored me. I wish I could've drawn a coat of arms! All my evil baldy teacher made us do was write essays. I hate essays... (I'm not going into a ranting raving detail why. I just do.)
Anyway A Midsummer's Night Dream was much, much better. I thought it was halarious. I feel sorry for what's-his-name (give me a break I haven't read it in a while) he had to get with crazy lady.

~*~Celes~*~
12-14-2006, 03:10 AM
For my Freshman English class, we had to pick certain lines from the play and basically describe what was being said in plain, good ol' modern English. I wish we would have had the coat of arms instead :(

krissy
12-14-2006, 03:13 AM
i would love it if there was a video game community where people could actually help me with my homework

rubah
12-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Yea I remember doing that project as well. To make a Coat of Arms you should through in a couple of insignias, maybe your sign (IE Pisces, tauros, cancer ect), and maybe a few crucifixes for good measure. But, remember it is YOUR coat of arms.
Mine has a Dragon fish (I'm a pisces born on the year of the dragon) thing wrapped around a cross holding a calligraphy bush in his left hand and in his right hand was a Playstation controller. There was also some random things dealing with Videogames and art drawn on their respective sides. Got me a 94!

BTW, you probably will have Ceaser next year, Othello your eleventh year, and finish with Macbeth your twelth year.

Haha, we read all those at the same times except Othello. That was probably the best thing about AP Language; no shakespeare 8)

we never made a coat of arms, wtg pre-ap english 9! We had to do a project though, so I made little romeo and juliet dolls and set them up in a cardboard house xD They've been in bed next to my bed for like three years now. Those sexpuppies.

My coat of arms would probably have some celtic knottage going on, and some fleur de lisage, what with heritege and such. Hmm. And I'm not sure what else. I've never really had to make one before.

Madonna
12-14-2006, 08:40 AM
EDIT:

He meant "it's a romance". I think.A shame that it is a tragedy, then.

Christmas
12-14-2006, 09:44 AM
I like Romeo and Juliet. You know that part where Romeo turned into a Super Saiyan and saved Sephiroth from Juliet. It is really beautiful. :cry:

Quindiana Jones
12-14-2006, 04:29 PM
EDIT:

He meant "it's a romance". I think.A shame that it is a tragedy, then.

It's a romantic tragedy, duh.

Madonna
12-14-2006, 04:38 PM
A shame that "romantic" is an adjective, and that it is still a tragedy.

To give this thread a better point: make up a coat of arms for yourself!

Quindiana Jones
12-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Damnit. *cries*

Zeldy
12-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Ive actually just finished reading it in school, and Im now watching a movie on it. I havnt got an essay for it yet, Im still doing the book from before.

It was okay, I found it boring.

I cant be bothered making a coat of arms. Sorry xD

Madonna
12-16-2006, 12:44 AM
I can! Man, the things one can end up doing.

http://www.akusui.net/_lynxoma/coatofarms_whitefaces.gif

Moon Rabbits
12-16-2006, 12:53 AM
Firstly, it isn't a book. Secondly, it isn't Roman.

As for your questions...

1) I thought it was ridiculous. Teenagers fall in love, get married, and kill themsevles over a feud and a miscommunication over a span of, what... three days? Not entertaining. Midsummer Night'd Dream is far better. Everyone has to do these projects in 9th grade; I played Juliet in the class play, in fact.

It's like six days or something.

Either way, the play wasn't that good and all Romeo did was whine. They sort of remind me of Squall and Rinoa, except Romeo was lame and Juliet wasn't cute enough. That's right, I said it.

Elite Lord Sigma
12-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Oddly enough, I haven't been forced to read this yet.

Also, I'm not quite sure what my family's coat of arms is.