PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever do this?

Elpizo
12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Talking about being overpowered, is there anyone here who has every character dual weilding Masamune's? I managed to do it on my ROM by F saving during the frog game, but damn, making no mistakes while you're playing on the GBA seems hard. Oh well, everything above 5 misses gives you Genji equipment or an Aegis shield, anyway.

So, anyone? I'm going to try it on my GBA version soon, after I raised my frog spell to lv16 which is needed to do this mini-game.

Just imagine! As soon as you get the frog spell, leveling it up and than start playing like mad and you're a pwoerhouse so early in the game (I'm only on my way to Deist). Yup, DoS is certainly easier, now that I have these babies, I certainly agree.

For those who do not know what I'm talking about: When you have the snowcraft, go take a ride on the snowfield. Hold a and press B 22 times. A mini-game will occur. If you have a lv16 frog spell, the face-portraits and the pirzes will change. Istead you'll, now have to find the other frog matching the image you just flipped over. If you get no misses, you gain a Masamune (+ 40 000 gil, yay!). 1 miss: An Aegis Shield. 2 misses: genji armor. 3 misses: Genji Gloves. 4 misses: Genji Helm. More than 5: items. Each prize comes with gil except when you get more than 9 misses.

This is time consuming, so I don't think actually anybody did make this 'ultimate tank' party...

Captain Maxx Power
12-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Yes, eight times Masamunes on all characters would be extremely overpowered. Get yourself 16 Sword Level, 99 Strength, Haste + Berserk +Aura and you could theoretically be looking at 19998 damage per hit under some circumstances. However such damage would be totally unnecessary as to my knowledge nothing in the game has over 60k health anyways.

FuzZerd
12-13-2006, 10:39 PM
is this minigame in the nes version? I would guess not.

DarkLadyNyara
12-14-2006, 12:09 AM
This is time consuming, so I don't think actually anybody did make this 'ultimate tank' party...

I've done it, just for the hell of it. :D I've alot of time on my hands. Actually, if you know how the mini-game works, it's quite easy. (Of course, the Genji equipment does suck, but meh.)

rubah
12-14-2006, 12:09 AM
It is not.

Wild0ne
12-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow I never knew that...Gives me a reason to play FFII again!!!

Sefie1999AD
12-15-2006, 03:18 PM
The thing is, Toad gets very tedious to level up when it reaches level 5+. By the time you get Toad to level 10 or so, it takes forever for it to gain even one level. I'm not even sure if the Toad spell can level up after that if you're just fighting normal enemies. The weapons at least seem to have the stat cap of not leveling up anymore unless you start fighting harder monsters.

Yes, eight times Masamunes on all characters would be extremely overpowered. Get yourself 16 Sword Level, 99 Strength, Haste + Berserk +Aura and you could theoretically be looking at 19998 damage per hit under some circumstances. However such damage would be totally unnecessary as to my knowledge nothing in the game has over 60k health anyways.

As far as I know, the Emperor has the highest HP, and he has "only" 10,000 HP (15,000 in the DoS version). Some enemies in the Souls of Rebirth quest have more HP than that, but their HP is still "only" 25,000 HP at max.

Fatal Impurity
12-15-2006, 06:15 PM
The thing is, Toad gets very tedious to level up when it reaches level 5+. By the time you get Toad to level 10 or so, it takes forever for it to gain even one level. I'm not even sure if the Toad spell can level up after that if you're just fighting normal enemies. The weapons at least seem to have the stat cap of not leveling up anymore unless you start fighting harder monsters.

As far as I know, the Emperor has the highest HP, and he has "only" 10,000 HP (15,000 in the DoS version). Some enemies in the Souls of Rebirth quest have more HP than that, but their HP is still "only" 25,000 HP at max.

Basically put if this duel masamune trick was used.....it would equall totally ownage! lol

The emperor got PWNED!

Elpizo
12-16-2006, 06:04 PM

Yes, Toad can be trained to lv16. I did it with a cheat and it still took ridiculously long, even with a speed-up space bar and a cheat for fast magic leveling. But, at least, I now have every character with full Genji equipment, Aegis shield and Masamune. Except Leila. Wing Sword and Masamune just for the heck of it.

Yes, cheating is bad. But I don't feel liek runnign through the entire game training again when I already did that 5 times. I'm tired of it. I'm bored out of my midn waiting for some good games to reach Europe (FF III, Megaman ZX (Is it already out? I dunno), FF V Advance). So well, let's relive the past! But with cheating, of course, for preventing myself getting bored. And if I kill the Emperor in 1 turn, I'll equip everybody with the weakest weapons to at least give him a chance to hurt me. ;)
Heh, a wooden bow, a normal axe and a normal pair of swords killing the badass lord of Hell. Where's the world going to these days?

EDIT: Now that I'm playing this ROM and speed-up button, I can see why everybody is annoyed by random encounters. There are indeed A LOT of them. And they becoem boring fast. Beats me how I managed to beat this game 5 times.

darksword12
02-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Let me give you some info, as this was one of my primary tactics in beating the game.

First of all, the game, toad or otherwise, has preset patterns that are randomly assigned each time you play it. What I like to do is start up, write down the pattern on a piece of scrap paper in my own shorthand, and then keep starting and flipping the top left square until it matches my chart. Then I go to the square it's supposed to match, and check that. If it matches, I proceed to flip all all the squares flawlessly, since I already know the entire grid. Rinse and repeat, making intentional "errors" as neccessary to get the other equipment.

To level up any spell, including toad, here's my advice:

Have one character know the cure spell. Make sure it's not the same character who knows the spell you're going to train. Besides those two characters, have your other two, or one, character(s) equip a shield in both hands. Next, set your cursor config to "memory." Enter a battle. In the first round, have the curing character cast cure on the whole party, have the character with the spell cast that spell on your entire party, and have the other character(s), equipped with shields in each hand, attack. The caster will cast the spell on your party, the healer will heal the effects, and the guys attacking won't do any damage with the shields.

Since the cursor's on memory, the characters will automatically have those actions selected in the next round. You may now tape down the A button and give the game 5 minutes to auto-level.

DarkLadyNyara
02-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Better cheat for the toad game. Play game and write down the pattern. Select and cancel 31 times. The next game you start after that will be the same as the one you actually played. :D

darksword12
02-04-2007, 07:16 PM
31, eh? I didn't know there was a specific number. Meh, I got the same result anyway.