PDA

View Full Version : Go forth and auto-level

edczxcvbnm
12-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Search for "Negalmuur Auto-Leveling Guide" on Gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/459841.html) for an awesome way to take care of that tedious level building :D

I can't believe square would make the mistake of putting something like this in the game knowing something like this would be abused. This is even better than the W-Item trick from FFVII.

Renmiri
12-13-2006, 10:50 PM
That's the one on the Stillshrine of Mirian ?

Bahamut2000X
12-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Wow that is pretty crazy. I think I should try that someday and see about getting my guys to 99 in an FF for once. XD

abrojtm
12-14-2006, 12:03 AM
They really don't leave good EXP/Loot, you'll be leaving your PS2 on for like a week.

edczxcvbnm
12-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Yeah but I can just leave it on while I am at work and while I sleep(which is what I am doing). I am tweaking the Gambits because sometimes my party leader still kicks the bucket and no one revives him/her in time.

But the exp required to get to level 99 is insane. In the guide it says that to gain the 10 levels between 90-99 is over 4 million. The guy estimates that exp gained per hour doing this trick is 100K with out the double exp thing.

My only problem so far has been my party leader not getting revived in time...also I took me a while to get that guy to appear and for me he was not even visible until he just magically appeared when I got in range so I guess you could say he is kind of like the snakes. You can't see them in the grass until you get close enough and then they come out.

And yes it is the Stillshrine of Mirian.

I would not recommend do this until the part of the story where you go to the Feywood. Just because of armor and weapon strength.

edczxcvbnm
12-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I thought I would just give an update. Doing this I have gone from level 50 to level 80 in the matter of a couple of days. I wasn't going to be playing anything in those days due to christmas shopping and stuff so it worked out well.

Young Kefka
12-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I was looking to do this... I just left Balfonheim (spelling??) Well, the port city with the pirates!!! Anyways, i went in and out of the shrine, and he hasn't spawned for the life of me... Any pointers on how to make him spawn?

P.S. whats the loot like?

edczxcvbnm
12-14-2006, 07:02 PM
The loot sucks. But then again you are not doing this for the cash.

To get the dude to spawn I went around and made sure I had killed enough of every creature in the place so that there were no numbers next to then in the bestiary(every creature has the second page) expect for the Horse Mare thing. I never left the place. I then went down to the area and killed everyone and exited through the bottom most exit(according to the map). Then turned around and went back in and ran all the way to the T intersection(this is where he spawns). Then as I was running by on about my 20th time he just appeared behind me. I was about to kill him because he looks very much like some of the other enemies...dark mage or something? He is like a floating head with arms...and ram horns. It takes a while to spawn him. I don't think there is a specific way to spawn him other than luck.

In all honesty I was going to leave the area on my last run back and just say screw and come back after I do more hunts and then he appeared. Lucky me.

Kuronama
12-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I think the funnest part of Final Fantasy is when the game plays itself.

edczxcvbnm
12-15-2006, 04:40 PM
I think the funnest part of Final Fantasy is when the game plays itself.

Me too...but probably for different reasons. I like to do all the math and attempt to figure out how much exp I will have gained and blah blah blah. It totally rocks.

Kuronama
12-16-2006, 01:37 AM
I was being sarcastic.

Araciel
12-16-2006, 04:16 AM
yah cause i bought the game so i don't have to play it

edczxcvbnm
12-16-2006, 07:30 AM
I was being sarcastic.

DUH! What gave away my sarcasm that you failed to notice? The intense attention to math or the blah blah blah?