PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather be able to read text

Xander
12-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I hate this smooth text thing Windows has started doing, I don't use IE much anyway but now it's in Outlook too which I do use. I know how to turn it off of IE, but don't know how to turn it off in Outlook ;_; Help?

Really, who thought this was a good idea....

crono_logical
12-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Right-click desktop > Properties > Appearance > Advanced - the second checkbox and dropdown list controls it system-wide normally, didn't know IE could ignore it and apply it's own stuff too :p

Xander
12-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Hm, nope that's set to standard, apparently it happens to Outlook after installing IE 7 even if you disable it in IE7 and I found a way to get rid of it on outlook express by deleting a registration key but not Outlook 2003... well there was some suggestion to download a cleartype controller thing but it didn't do any good, still wasn't normally, crisp text.

crono_logical
12-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Unticked is better than set to Standard :p

Xander
12-15-2006, 12:33 PM
*unticks* As much as I can do... but it didn't really help.

Here's an example - I found that after I clicked reply to the message it was normal for editing, which makes sense, but the smooth is when you open email. LOOK at the difference. *cries* This will be another thing to add to my list of things to rant about along with Ipods and.. can't think of anything else actually.