PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person who DIDN'T love Aeris? wft?

.:kerrod:.
12-14-2006, 11:27 PM
P.S (pre script :p) A lot of the things i have mentioned in here, i have written in other threads, however, i thought it needed a thread of it's own. :)

I'm sorry, but everybody seems to be head over heels in love with her...IMO the only thing she was good for was her overdrives (she dressed horribly and constantly reminded me of a boy-girl when she jumped forward to fight in her man-boots), and by the time i got her final overdrive (didnt even get to teach it to her) the inconsiderate b**ch died on me!:mad: Don't get me wrong, i felt bad when she died and blah blah blah, but i think she died too early...for there to be a SERIOUS impact, she should have died at the end of the 2nd disk, when we had gotten to know her better. Sorry to all you Aeris fans out there (BTW: why do people call her Aerith? i think i missed something big in the game :p, but can you please explain it to me :confused:) but thats my opinion, let me know yours :)

LunarWeaver
12-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Some call her Aerith because VII's translation was handled by Sony and is awful and wrong. Square has since corrected it and made her name Aerith instead of Aeris in everything she's appeared in since. Though I really just accept both as her "real" name, so it's all good.

And I don't know where you're getting the idea that so many love her :laughing: Most posts I see only show hate for her. I like her, though :jess:!

12-14-2006, 11:52 PM
really? i think i've only seen one or two posts which went against her, all the rest have been about how great she is. I still like her, but again, i dont because of the aforementioned reasons :)

oddler
12-15-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't see any reason why people should dislike Aeris. I mean, come on. She summoned Holy for crying out loud. She was just helping the planet just like all the other good guys. wft?

Levian
12-15-2006, 12:17 AM
There's lots of hate for Aeris around, mostly centered around her being annoying. I see more hate than love, actually. I think she was one of the more interesting characters. :p

The Mog Ninja
12-15-2006, 12:26 AM
she was bad in battle and she was a stupid sl*t, i dont like her

12-15-2006, 12:29 AM

:D :up:

swatzlewatt
12-15-2006, 12:31 AM
amen to that, stupid garden hoe, died good, would have been nice if there was blood:D

Ryushikaze
12-15-2006, 12:32 AM
She had her good points and her annoying points. I can appreciate her deeds while still being annoyed by her habits, and so can everyone else.

Carl the Llama
12-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Thread 1 (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=96974)
Thread 2 (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=93874)
Thread 3 (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89066)
Just check these if you think Aerith is over loved...

swatzlewatt
12-15-2006, 01:24 AM
SWEET, everyone hates her, lets all sing out in joy:choc:

:choc2: shes dead, shes not coming back:choc2:

Carl the Llama
12-15-2006, 01:36 AM
in case you didnt read all those other threads I do not hate her in the slightest, in fact its quite the opposit, she is one of my favorite characters.

*prays to god that a mod will lock this thread before it becomes another long winded 'I hate Aerith thread'*

12-15-2006, 01:48 AM
wow, im sorry, i didnt realise there were so many 'i hate aeris' threads, sorry if i've annoyed anybody. but really, i think ffvii has the most characters i've liked. For example, i like basically all of the characters in vii (even though aeris annoys me, i still like her a little), whereas in other games i've always disliked or hated one or more of the characters

Laddy
12-15-2006, 01:56 AM
Aeris SAVED the damn WORLD. She died and gave up herself to save the entire owrld. Did YOU do somethin' like that, I didn't think so...

Carl the Llama
12-15-2006, 01:56 AM
nothing to be sorry for, I just get tired of always being in her corner every time someone says somthing about her, in fact if you so feel the need to do so you should read some of my posts and you can find all the arguements (believe me iv had just about every kind of argument about her and her abilitys) in all thr previous threads.

EDIT: to all of the Aerith fans: the best thing you can do is to not post at all... it will only give them bait to flame.

Dr. Acula
12-15-2006, 01:57 AM
She had her good points and her annoying points. I can appreciate her deeds while still being annoyed by her habits, and so can everyone else.

I agree. She was annoying as hell but she was really nice and was trying to do good for everyone.

12-15-2006, 02:01 AM

I agree. She was annoying as hell but she was really nice and was trying to do good for everyone.

yeh, me too i guess :) i did feel some sorrow when she was killed

Dragon Mage
12-15-2006, 02:32 AM
*prays to god that a mod will lock this thread before it becomes another long winded 'I hate Aerith thread'*

geez will you leave off it? No one has really bashed her so far. Just cool down, man. Don't go slaughtering innocents just yet, lol

Breathe deep. Seek peace.

(yeah, I know, bad joke)

I agree. Good=healing Bad=annoying, stirring up other characters crap after she's dead.

People just found her annoying. Some more than others. Me--I'm not the type to go weeping over slain pixels in a profound moment of love and sacrifice. :rollseyes: (I laughed....but, whatever) The only remorse I felt was that I lost my healer. (Just why do the healers always die?! Man, that ticks me off. If you ever want to survive an FF, DON'T BE THE HEALER!!!) And that was only momentary, as I remembered that my Cure materia was mastered.

To answer the question, no^10, you are not the only one that dislikes Aeris. Personally, I can't see where some people got some of the stuff they say they love her for. It all depends on personal opinion. This really should have been a poll, to obtain the answer you were seeking more effectively. But it's all good. Now you know!!!

EDIT: to all of the Aerith fans: the best thing you can do is to not post at all... it will only give them bait to flame.

erm....that could be a provoking statement right there. I'll take it you didn't mean to intentionally, but no doubt someone will post a rant about how they 'can say whatever they frappin' please,' and therein will make an argument. It's hopless, I tell you.

Avarice-ness
12-15-2006, 03:15 AM
I liked Aeris' design, but most people that DO like Aeris tend to be AerisXCloud fankids. Aeris alone tends to hold no lovin. :(

Fire_Emblem776
12-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Or you never got to use Great Gospel ^_^

Carl the Llama
12-15-2006, 10:34 AM
geez will you leave off it? No one has really bashed her so far. Just cool down, man. Don't go slaughtering innocents just yet, lol

Breathe deep. Seek peace.

(yeah, I know, bad joke)
No one has really bashed her? im sorry did I miss these post's then:

amen to that, stupid garden hoe, died good, would have been nice if there was blood:D

SWEET, everyone hates her, lets all sing out in joy:choc:

:choc2: shes dead, shes not coming back:choc2:

Now if thats not bashing then I dont know what is.

I agree. Good=healing Bad=annoying, stirring up other characters crap after she's dead.
*sigh* not this again... she didnt stir up Cloud, it was Cloud that felt guilty that she died, and he felt guilty after takeing up that job for someone that made him think of Aerith (I know this sounds vague but I remember that he took a job that made him feel bad about Aerith, I think you know what im talking about.) which is when Aerith put in her aperences to try and help Cloud get over his guilt, her aperences did nothing to hinder him, at all the fact is he was already being hindered and she was trying to help him.

erm....that could be a provoking statement right there. I'll take it you didn't mean to intentionally, but no doubt someone will post a rant about how they 'can say whatever they frappin' please,' and therein will make an argument. It's hopless, I tell you.

you obviously didnt understand what I was writeing... not that I'd expect you to but it was an apeal to people like RedXII13 who posted that message, and frankly im both shocked and amazed that no one has replyed to what he said.

Christmas
12-15-2006, 11:05 AM
I like the Aeris MATE Nanaki idea. :bigsmile:

Rabidewok
12-15-2006, 02:05 PM
I say whoever can hold themselves up on a ledge with their boobs gets my vote... Aeries was alittle small in that respect. Tifa's boob strength over comes all

(the ledge i'm talking about is at the ending movie when cloud throws her up onto the ledge and her overly massive boobs hold her up..)

aquatius
12-15-2006, 04:23 PM
People say she is crap in battle but I think she had the best magic power of all the characters.

jammi567
12-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Don't worry, you're not the only one to hate her. inconsiderate bitch, dying on me before i can do much with her.

Wuggly Blight
12-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Most people I find hate her for silly reasons such as not being any good in battle to use her well or merely jumping on the bandwagon, the one behind FF7 is crap wagon, I cant see how a person who only had like 15 lines in the game had the chance to even be annoying, it seems rather petty. How is she a slut? really, how? she fancied someone? ON NO! Really how Vicortian is that, by the same definitions all the women on this bored are Prostitues, so what if she asked him on a date, women do that all the time, really do. Hating her for dyings pretty petty but it was in place the best point for her to, it left the team enough time to reflect and morn as people would and people to hate Sephy more for a real reason not some cruddy premade written reason a npc merely says.

Carl the Llama
12-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Most people I find hate her for silly reasons such as not being any good in battle to use her well or merely jumping on the bandwagon, the one behind FF7 is crap wagon, I cant see how a person who only had like 15 lines in the game had the chance to even be annoying, it seems rather petty. How is she a slut? really, how? she fancied someone? ON NO! Really how Vicortian is that, by the same definitions all the women on this bored are Prostitues, so what if she asked him on a date, women do that all the time, really do. Hating her for dyings pretty petty but it was in place the best point for her to, it left the team enough time to reflect and morn as people would and people to hate Sephy more for a real reason not some cruddy premade written reason a npc merely says.

:D :up:

BG-57
12-15-2006, 09:13 PM
The first post was a little rambling, but I'll try to address the major points:

1) Plenty of people dislike Aeris as well. See many of the posts above.

2) LunarWeaver covered most of the translation issues, but I'd like to add that Japanese doesn't have a th sound, so they have to make due with su or tsu when rendering borrowed th words phonetically.

Say I named a character Smith. In Japanese it would be rendered Sumisu. Now if some other person had to translate it back into English they could be forgiven in thinking it was Smis. Without context, it's often hard to know what the creator intended.

3) I agree about the boots being inappropriate for both her outfit and character design, but I'm a little suprised you didn't mention the greater injustice done to Tifa with her ensemble, which I submit is not appropriate for either a bartender or a martial artist. At least they gave her something a lot less ridiculous in Advent Children.

4) Great Gospel is simply the best Limit Break (Overdrives are FFX btw) in the game. Doing damage is good and all, but invicibility makes any battle a cakewalk.

5) I would be the first to admit that Aeris is my favorite character (although I like Tifa almost as much), I still feel that her death actually made the game better. Her sacrifice enobled her beyond her silly faults.

12-16-2006, 02:34 AM
yeh, thst right, (bout the overdrives/limit breaks), i always get those two mixed up cos i've just beaten both of those games recently :p but really BG-57, you've got it down...all of that is exactly right.

als, i'd just like to take this opportunity to say to ~Reno~ that i respect you, really. ive seen you on a lot of threads and while i may not agree with you sometimes, you have the right idea, and i respect you :)

EDIT: you too LunarWeaver, you rock pretty hardcore as well :p

The Mog Ninja
12-16-2006, 05:12 AM
How is she a slut? really, how? she fancied someone? ON NO! Really how Vicortian is that, by the same definitions all the women on this bored are Prostitues, so what if she asked him on a date, women do that all the time, really do.

*ahem* She was a slut because: cloud and tifa r getting together, aerith comes along and messes that up. cloud is torn between tifa and aerith. cloud chooses aerith, aerith dies, and now cloud and tifa's relationship is messed up. while aerith is dead, she hooks up with cloud's best friend zack. thats how shes a slut

12-16-2006, 05:27 AM
How is she a slut? really, how? she fancied someone? ON NO! Really how Vicortian is that, by the same definitions all the women on this bored are Prostitues, so what if she asked him on a date, women do that all the time, really do.

*ahem* She was a slut because: cloud and tifa r getting together, aerith comes along and messes that up. cloud is torn between tifa and aerith. cloud chooses aerith, aerith dies, and now cloud and tifa's relationship is messed up. while aerith is dead, she hooks up with cloud's best friend zack. thats how shes a slut

hahahaha, wow, how true, how true.....good explaination :p

LunarWeaver
12-16-2006, 05:51 AM

Aerith dated Zack back when he was alive. When she meets Cloud, he's a big mishmash of false memories and Zack's personality, so he reminds Aerith of Zack. She likes him from the moment they see each other because of that. She had no idea Tifa even existed for a while, and she DOES ask about their status and Tifa flat-out says they are just friends. She also asks Cloud's opinion of her romantically, but that one is up to the player to answer. Still, he's not dating Tifa, and that means he's free to do what he wants, so she decides it's ok to make a move.

Once she dies, she and Zack, her self-proclaimed first love, are reunited. There's really nothing slutty about this... I think it's all rather romantic actually :[

Wuggly Blight
12-16-2006, 11:04 AM

Aerith dated Zack back when he was alive. When she meets Cloud, he's a big mishmash of false memories and Zack's personality, so he reminds Aerith of Zack. She likes him from the moment they see each other because of that. She had no idea Tifa even existed for a while, and she DOES ask about their status and Tifa flat-out says they are just friends. She also asks Cloud's opinion of her romantically, but that one is up to the player to answer. Still, he's not dating Tifa, and that means he's free to do what he wants, so she decides it's ok to make a move.

Once she dies, she and Zack, her self-proclaimed first love, are reunited. There's really nothing slutty about this... I think it's all rather romantic actually :[
Word!.
And NOTHING was happening between Cloud and Tifa until disk 2 anyway, any spark in the past was snuffed until it was reignited after her death anyway, they was merely good friends, it was ment to be a romantic subplot where Cloud had to choose who.

Carl the Llama
12-16-2006, 12:58 PM

slut /slʌt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sluht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a dirty, slovenly woman.
2. an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute.
[Origin: 1375–1425; late ME slutte; cf. dial. slut mud, Norw (dial.) slutr sleet, impure liquid]

Tifa: …And you are? Hey you're the one with Cloud in the park…

Aerith: Right, with Cloud.

Tifa: Oh……

Aerith: Don't worry. We just met. It's nothing.

Tifa: What do you mean, 'Don't worry'…about what? No, don't misunderstand.
Cloud and I grew up together. Nothing more.

and you will also note that you can choose between TifaxCloud and AerithxCloud and for the record why the hell shouldnt Aerith get to have some happyness?

Ryushikaze
12-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Word!.
And NOTHING was happening between Cloud and Tifa until disk 2 anyway, any spark in the past was snuffed until it was reignited after her death anyway, they was merely good friends, it was ment to be a romantic subplot where Cloud had to choose who.

I'm not sure how you can say how the spark in the past was snuffed when they were showing the obvious signs of the all too common embarrassed attraction cliche, as well as Tifa's later word that the spark was never snuffed.
And no, I don't think it was meant to be anything as vital as a subplot.

and you will also note that you can choose between TifaxCloud and AerithxCloud and for the record why the hell shouldnt Aerith get to have some happyness?

Actually, you really can't choose. Any choice you 'make' is passive on Cloud's part, and made utterly moot by the end of disc one and the Cloud's Mind sequence, to say nothing of the other sources providing additional evidence.
As for "have some happiness" sure, she's entitled to it, but why do you feel the need to claim that she does. Even the people calling her a slut haven't said she doesn't have the right to be happy.

Wuggly Blight
12-16-2006, 09:49 PM
I think the calling of the slut pretty kuch does say she doesnt have the right to be happy.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Why don't you like Aeris? She's hot

Carl the Llama
12-17-2006, 02:07 AM
anyone with half a brain can figure out how to get Tifa on the date instead of Aerith and if I remember rightly it was KHG that said Cloud 'chooses' Aerith when that is clearly not so, I was actully useing his terms. And just for the record, I was speaking to KHK next time you might want to let him reply instead of doing it for him, he knows how to leave messages so stop trying to pick an arguement.

Ashley Schovitz
12-17-2006, 02:09 AM
I can't love her she's just a game character. She was okay, I didn't really like VII period.

12-17-2006, 02:28 AM
:o thats blasphemy! ffvii is still one of the best ff to date! though i guess you're entitled to your own opinion....

Crossblades
12-17-2006, 03:44 AM
:o that's awesome! FF VII is a good FF, but not the best ff to date.

Fixed:p

Ryushikaze
12-17-2006, 07:15 AM
anyone with half a brain can figure out how to get Tifa on the date instead of Aerith

Except you didn't mention the date at all. All you said "you can choose between TifaxCloud and AerithxCloud", which was what I responded to.

and if I remember rightly it was KHG that said Cloud 'chooses' Aerith when that is clearly not so, I was actully useing his terms.

And he is incorrect in asserting that Cloud Chooses Aerith. As you were incorrect in asserting that one could be chosen over the other (even if it was merely an error by omission)

And just for the record, I was speaking to KHK next time you might want to let him reply instead of doing it for him, he knows how to leave messages so stop trying to pick an arguement.

Or I can continue as I have been, jumping in whenever I feel like it to correct what seem to be erroneous statements made by others, even if they were speaking to someone else. I'm not trying to pick an argument, so grow some thicker skin and get over yourself.

Carl the Llama
12-17-2006, 12:03 PM
I think ill just ignore you as you seem to make the most pointless replys, trying to make an arguement out of nothing (as per usual.)

Leeza
12-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Reno, if you have an issue with something, use the warn button. Do not make posts such as the one above.

Dragon Mage
12-18-2006, 12:23 AM
No one has really bashed her? im sorry did I miss these post's then:

Originally Bespoken by KingdomHeartsKing View Post

Originally Bespoken by swatzlewatt View Post
amen to that, stupid garden hoe, died good, would have been nice if there was blood

Originally Bespoken by swatzlewatt View Post
SWEET, everyone hates her, lets all sing out in joy

shes dead, shes not coming back

Now if thats not bashing then I dont know what is.

Hmm, yes, the classic derogatory remarkes that are, at this quoted point, based only on personal opinion. No real argument or proof, if you want to have an actual debate.

*sigh* not this again... she didnt stir up Cloud, it was Cloud that felt guilty that she died, and he felt guilty after takeing up that job for someone that made him think of Aerith (I know this sounds vague but I remember that he took a job that made him feel bad about Aerith, I think you know what im talking about.) which is when Aerith put in her aperences to try and help Cloud get over his guilt, her aperences did nothing to hinder him, at all the fact is he was already being hindered and she was trying to help him.

That's bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:^10.
To be specific, she did try to help him, but inadvertantly stirred up his :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Yeah, he was maybe a little guilty before, but when she appeared, it got worse. Her plan backfired. In the end it worked out, but not wholly because of Aeris.

you obviously didnt understand what I was writeing... not that I'd expect you to but it was an apeal to people like RedXII13 who posted that message, and frankly im both shocked and amazed that no one has replyed to what he said.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. But like I said, some punk is going to probably come on and scream at you about how you can't tell them what to do, they can post whatever they want when the want,rant,rant,rant, blah,blah,blah,blah. etc.
And why should you be surprised? They will know that there's going to be Aeris haters here and why the hell would someone that loves her post on a thread that hates her? It's retardedness in the most pure form. It doesn't seem, to me at least, that a warning such as yours was needed, that's all.

I'm sorry, but i must address this. It's so ridiculous that it's sad. Cheating with a dead person? Who's the necrophiliac here, Aeris or Cloud? Sorry, but that right there is not an explanation meant to be taken seriously. Literally, she is not a slut. Go look up the term and ye shall see ye errors. Calling her a slut is extreme. I don't like her, but that's because of........her. Please, let's all be mature and not call pixels by terms a small perverted child would use.

Carl the Llama
12-18-2006, 01:50 PM

That's bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:^10.
To be specific, she did try to help him, but inadvertantly stirred up his :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Yeah, he was maybe a little guilty before, but when she appeared, it got worse. Her plan backfired. In the end it worked out, but not wholly because of Aeris.
Right have just done some research and so on I'v come to the conclusion that she did infact help Cloud remember the start of the film Cloud was barly able to keep the monsters Kadaj and the gang threw at him, and was only saved from a beating because Kadaj dissmissed them, then later on when he is rideing to the base and otw there Aerith makes an apperence and asks who he wants forgivness from, and then by some unkown miracle he is able to keep Kadaj and the gang back untill Vincent rescues him, and then you have a scene where he is disscussing things with Tifa and the Turks and at the end the screen flashes white and you hear this:

Cloud: But... I let you die...
Aerith: *sigh* dillydally shillyshally, isnt it time you did the forgiveing
*back in the forest*
Cloud: are sins ever forgiven?
Vincent: I'v never tried
Cloud: you mean... never tried?
Cloud: Marlene, lets go.
Marlene: *nods*
Cloud: Well I'm gunna try.
So in short yes, she definately did help him.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. But like I said, some punk is going to probably come on and scream at you about how you can't tell them what to do, they can post whatever they want when the want,rant,rant,rant, blah,blah,blah,blah. etc.
And why should you be surprised? They will know that there's going to be Aeris haters here and why the hell would someone that loves her post on a thread that hates her? It's retardedness in the most pure form. It doesn't seem, to me at least, that a warning such as yours was needed, that's all.
erm... where did I tell them not to post, all I was doing was giveing advise plain and simple.

*~Angel Wing~*
12-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I hate Aeris. I think she's one of the most annoying Final Fantasy characters ever. :eep::down:

Dragon Mage
12-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Right have just done some research and so on I'v come to the conclusion that she did infact help Cloud remember the start of the film Cloud was barly able to keep the monsters Kadaj and the gang threw at him, and was only saved from a beating because Kadaj dissmissed them, then later on when he is rideing to the base and otw there Aerith makes an apperence and asks who he wants forgivness from, and then by some unkown miracle he is able to keep Kadaj and the gang back untill Vincent rescues him, and then you have a scene where he is disscussing things with Tifa and the Turks and at the end the screen flashes white and you hear this:

Ah, yes, in this case she did help him, somewhat. But linking her appearing to him to his being able to hold off Larry, Curly, and Moe, is wrong in my opinion. In the start of the movie, he was 1) Getting gang beaten by a bunch of shadow monsters 2) taken by surprise, and 3) was in an unfavorable position to fight with his style of figting. (Very hard to swordfight on a speeding motorcycle) At that point in the movie the laws of physics still applied somewhat, so gravity dying was not quite available yet.
So, what we have in the Forest battle was fighting postition, lack of enemies, and preparedness, all of which were lacking in the beginning of the movie.

I would like to add that Tifa had a great deal to do with Cloud shaping up, and put his emo reasons behind him. No doubt she had told him to move on, that Aeris didn't blame him, but would he listen? NOOOOOOOOO, of course not. Men never do. He had to get it straight from the horses' mouth, and until then he wouldn't be satisfied. So when Aeris began hinting that she didn't blame him, Tifa's treatment really got him going on the path to recovery, so to speak.

erm... where did I tell them not to post, all I was doing was giveing advise plain and simple.

Oh, I never said that you were telling them not to post; just that some pain in the ass will come on here and interpert it that way. It was advice, but others may not see it that way. Advice on forums is rarely recognized by others--I know from experience.

The Mog Ninja
12-21-2006, 10:53 AM
i still think shes a slut, and it was PLAINLY OBVIOUS that cloud and tifa were romantically linked, and any sane person would see that, so aerith damn well knew exactly what she was doing with cloud and tifa, and she just continued. and btw ill allow ryushikaze to speak on my behalf

*~Angel Wing~*
12-21-2006, 07:58 PM
i still think shes a slut, and it was PLAINLY OBVIOUS that cloud and tifa were romantically linked, and any sane person would see that, so aerith damn well knew exactly what she was doing with cloud and tifa, and she just continued. and btw ill allow ryushikaze to speak on my behalf
Cloud and Tifa are meant to be together!!! :love:

chrisfffan
12-21-2006, 10:11 PM

a slut? ha ha if you are nice to her she seems like a nice innocent girl but if your not she’s horrible! but can you blame her? and as for Cloud and Tifa they are childhood friends that’s it!

Ryushikaze
12-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Chris, if you want to get into the LTD, then just ask. I have a nice handy pile of evidence ready to destroy your position. Just say the word- or make a thread- and I will be there to bring the empirical smackdown.

As for KHK, I don't think she was a slut. A snarky bitch at times, but not a slut. Though I will say if she couldn't see the cliche tension between Cloud and Tifa then she's as aware as a rock or willfully deluding herself. I believe it to be the latter.

f f freak
12-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Personally I hate Aeris. Well okay I guess I don't hate her. She has her uses. But then I just discard her. She seems to get in the way quite often. Well she does to me anyway. She didn't seem to have a real personality.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
12-21-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think Aeris is a slut at all. She's really nice and she just liked Cloud. There's no crime in loving someone.

f f freak
12-21-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think Aeris is a slut at all

I don't think she was a slut either. Also there's no need to apologise for stating what you think.

chrisfffan
12-21-2006, 10:48 PM
she wasn’t a slut! if your nice to her she’s a nice innocent girl but if your not she’s horrible but can you blame her?

f f freak
12-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Well I wasn't nice to her because I prefered Tifa so I was nice to Tifa and pretty indifferent towards Aeris.

Ryushikaze
12-22-2006, 02:20 AM
Actually, she goes snarky no matter how you treat her over the course of the game.

As an aside: How come no one cares about the Yuffster like this? I've seen just as horrible things said about her, too, but no one either seems to care, either in the echoing or the defending. My guess is because she isn't regarded as a 'serious' opponent for Cloud's affection, which is where I think a LOT of the hostility towards both Tifa and Aerith comes from.

Carl the Llama
12-22-2006, 03:20 AM
As an aside: How come no one cares about the Yuffster like this? I've seen just as horrible things said about her, too, but no one either seems to care, either in the echoing or the defending. My guess is because she isn't regarded as a 'serious' opponent for Cloud's affection, which is where I think a LOT of the hostility towards both Tifa and Aerith comes from.

wtf man what about Barret! now HE is the REAL contender for Clouds affection:D

The Mog Ninja
12-22-2006, 07:22 AM
u cant say anything that will change my beliefs

Carl the Llama
12-23-2006, 12:09 AM
u cant say anything that will change my beliefs

opinions are like assholes... we all have them.

Dragon Mage
12-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Ok, the Yuffie thing, NO! That's just a sadistic joke in my opinion. Aeris is not a slut (come on this is not the Da Vinci Code or anything...) but she (in MY opinion) is an annoying little pain in the royal as*. She screws up happy endings, depresses people, flirts constantly, and can't fight if her world depended on it (which it did btw). Wow, that's a real winner. Sheesh.

Crossblades
12-23-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't hate Aeris, but I don't care for her. In fact, I never even played with her. I rather level up other characters who I know I'm gonna use

Pure Aerisbeauty7
12-27-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm sorry but I don't think Aeris is a slut at all

I don't think she was a slut either. Also there's no need to apologise for stating what you think.

You're right. I just feel nervous.

Dr. Acula
12-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Cloud and Tifa are meant to be together!!! :love:

I'm agreeing with this.

Dr. Acula
01-05-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm sorry but I don't think Aeris is a slut at all. She's really nice and she just liked Cloud. There's no crime in loving someone.

I wouldn't call myself an Aeris fan, but no, I don't think she was a slut either. She could have been a prostitute by night, you never know, but I highly doubt it. She didn't seem the type.

leader of mortals
01-06-2007, 12:52 AM
You all know tifa belongs with cloud. I dont know why you guys cant accept it. I dont hate aeris, ok i do. SHE'S USELESS IN BATTLE!!! She can heal you for 300 health with her limit, or you can heal for over 1000 by using like 15 mp. Tifa, on the other hand, can hit the enemy a max of 7 times, doing around a max of around 70000 damage. Aeris, can heal you, use useless status effects, and other crap. Aeris is a stupid loser and deserved to die. Yeah, I said it. SHE DESERVED TO DIE!!!!

Thats what i said in a Cloud x Aeris thread

I couldnt help myself

I want to assure you, I am not an aeris hater, nor lover, but i didnt like her at all

Erin
01-11-2007, 04:50 AM
I hated Aeris. She was so annoying.

Zerv
01-12-2007, 01:41 PM
HAted her with a passion useless character i used her in that one battle that u had to and never again that whore cloud was all depressed but there was Tifa so much better that fucking....nvm i like to much to diss him but aeris he just met Tifa he knows god hate aeris breaking up what cloud and tifa shoulda had...bitch

Omega Sephiroth
01-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't hate aeris for one reason. She's a character in a game and movie so whats the point? You guys/gals need to think about it and realize that your hate is for nothing so move on and enjoy the game and stop complaining about the love of fictional characters.

leader of mortals
01-24-2007, 01:02 AM
starts slow-clapping for omega sepheroth

1000000 people start clapping
Person: What are we clapping for?
Other Person: Someone started slow clapping
Peraon: oooohhhhh

forgotten_fantasy
01-24-2007, 06:51 PM
You're reasoning is very stupid
the inconsiderate b**ch died on me! that makes me angry a bit.
the only thing she was good for was her overdrives also is very stupid.
This game isn't about the battles it is about the story.
Having said that I also didn't love Aeris though I do like Aeris, she plays a big part in the story and is a nice character. She isn't a great character but then again are any of the characters in FF7 great? No......
She was alright.
If aeris was never there would cloud have even bothered trying to save the planet? No...

01-24-2007, 11:29 PM
You're reasoning is very stupid
the inconsiderate b**ch died on me! that makes me angry a bit.
the only thing she was good for was her overdrives also is very stupid.
This game isn't about the battles it is about the story.
Having said that I also didn't love Aeris though I do like Aeris, she plays a big part in the story and is a nice character. She isn't a great character but then again are any of the characters in FF7 great? No......
She was alright.
If aeris was never there would cloud have even bothered trying to save the planet? No...

point taken :eep: , however i can't agree with you that there are no great characters in FF7:mad2: , IMO, all of the characters are great (even though you know my opinion on Aeris/Aerith, i dont HATE her, i just dont LOVE her). There was huge variety in all of the charaters, not only with they're weapons, with they're personality, even with their species'. IMO FF7 has some of the best characters in the series.
Also, point taken about saving the world, but hey, the story's gotta incorporate her somewhere doesnt it? :p

345keyblade345
01-24-2007, 11:35 PM
I totally agree. I hate how, in every final fantasy game, the female characters minus tifa and yuffie are almost always summoners and are weak, and never help! it's so sexist! it makes it look like girls can't handle a sword! I admit aeris is strong, but honestly! she dies, and what ticks me off most is how they never thought of using a freaking pheonix down on her!!!

and I hate how she wears pink!

Do not post more than once in a row. ~ Leeza

01-24-2007, 11:42 PM
AMEN!! AMEN TO THAT!!! i agree with everything you say there^. i mean, they can die in battle and get revived, so how is this different? he attacks her with a sword, sounds like battle to me. and you're right about the girl thing (though i liked yuna, she was incredibly powerful on my ffx, but she was still a summoner :mad2: ) im so glad tifa can pull her on weight, because when i run out of mp, thats all i can do and aeris does a KILLER attack for a total of 3 1/2, then my cloud accidentaly attacks her.....i wonder why that always happens? :rolleyes2

EDIT: i was referring to you 345keyblade345

ReloadPsi
01-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Aeris' death removed all the variety from the game; she was the best magic user and she just went and copped it before you could really make use of that.

Ryushikaze
01-25-2007, 01:52 AM
I totally agree. I hate how, in every final fantasy game, the female characters minus tifa and yuffie are almost always summoners and are weak, and never help! it's so sexist! it makes it look like girls can't handle a sword! I admit aeris is strong, but honestly! she dies, and what ticks me off most is how they never thought of using a freaking pheonix down on her!!!

The defense would like to present as evidence : Refia, Lenna, Farus, Clara, Celes, Agrias, Quistis, Selphie, Freya, Rikku, Paine, and Yuna once she ditched the whole religion thing.

AMEN!! AMEN TO THAT!!! i agree with everything you say there^. i mean, they can die in battle and get revived, so how is this different? he attacks her with a sword, sounds like battle to me.

Story != Battle. Do not expect battle to actually reflect real life.

Aeris' death removed all the variety from the game; she was the best magic user and she just went and copped it before you could really make use of that.

So use Cait Sith. He's got the second best magic out there.

Kenji Longaway
01-25-2007, 02:24 AM
It would have been cooler if Cloud had slept with Aeris before she died. Instead he got it on with those big buff trainers in the Honey-Bee inn.
At least he was massaged afterwards.

Leeza
01-25-2007, 07:20 AM
I have removed quite a few posts from this thread that were totally off-topic and against the rule of not bashing other forums.

senecawolf, do not do that again unless you wish to get banned.

Mercen-X
01-25-2007, 06:44 PM
The only thing I can say is that I was very hardly (that means very little) affected by Aeris' death. If I considered her annoying, believe me Yuffie annoyed me more. So I didn't really love her, but I didn't hate her either. shrug

senecawolf
01-25-2007, 10:01 PM
I have removed quite a few posts from this thread that were totally off-topic and against the rule of not bashing other forums.

senecawolf, do not do that again unless you wish to get banned.
sorry, didn't mean to cause another riot.

escobert
01-26-2007, 03:07 AM
I wasn't very fond of her.

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
01-27-2007, 12:08 AM
(BTW: why do people call her Aerith? i think i missed something big in the game :p, but can you please explain it to me :confused:) they call here Aerith because that is her name... yeah...you missed the begining or something because mines Aerith and i didn't even change it.

01-27-2007, 01:06 AM
(BTW: why do people call her Aerith? i think i missed something big in the game :p, but can you please explain it to me :confused:) they call here Aerith because that is her name... yeah...you missed the begining or something because mines Aerith and i didn't even change it.

sorry, but in my game (PAL) her name is Aeris

Ryushikaze
01-27-2007, 02:05 AM

sorry, but in my game (PAL) her name is Aeris

Which was a translation error. It has only appeared in the Sony translation of FF and a few other works, and is VASTLY overshadowed by the number of times it has appeared as Aerith. It's still outnumbered even if we just limit it to the English examples.

Aerisfanatic
02-19-2007, 06:50 PM

first off who says cloud and tifa would have gotten together if aerith didnt come along in the game it did not say that cloud was going to get together with tifa, and their relationship was already messed up when the people of niblehiem blamed cloud for tifa falling off a cliff, and he did not decide to get together with aeris either (unfortunatley) and when she died cloud was crying cuz he'll never get to hear her speak or laugh again (not talking about ac) and in the movie she didnt get together with zack when she died he was only in the same place as aerith cuz he was friends with cloud and also cuz he died in ff7 , and they werent exactley best friends cuz when zack didnt even say they were friends right before he was shot saving clouds life and again he was in the same place as her because they both saved clouds life and aerith is not a slut she wears a pink dress up to her ancles if thats a slut than what is tifa?think about what i just said and play the game again to get facts straight!

judgemagistergabranth
02-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Actually aerith was going out with Zack before Cloud But Zack had to Go and be like 50cent and get shot nine times by shinra and then aerith was single a [!]f***ing[/!]*snip* widow thats what she meant when she said just like him in the beginning of the game with Cloud. but I hate aerith to I don't see the point of haveing her as a playable character.
(don't make fun of my grammer I only 8). look at the image

ew2.lysator.liu.se/pic/fanq/v/i/vic2/sephiroth.jpg

Do NOT go around the filters. ~ Leeza

Aerisfanatic
02-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Don't worry, you're not the only one to hate her. inconsiderate bitch, dying on me before i can do much with her.

i think you forgot that that people dont choose to die and it was the story line is why if it were up to me she wouldnt have died and if you think you could do so much with her try using the game shark cheat

and to the first poster how does she look like a boy girl she is wearing a pink dress for crying out loud with a matching pink ribbon if thats a boy girl than the queen of wngland would look like a swetty guy

Actually aerith was going out with Zack before Cloud But Zack had to Go and be like 50cent and get shot nine times by shinra and then aerith was single a f***ing widow thats what she meant when she said just like him in the beginning of the game with Cloud. but I hate aerith to I don't see the point of haveing her as a playable character.
(don't make fun of my grammer I only 8).

http://forums.eyesonff.com/ew2.lysator.liu.se/pic/fanq/v/i/vic2/sephiroth.jpg uhh well she wasnt dating zack when he got shot so there fore she isnt a widow and yes she saw a bit of zack in cloud but when she saw the real cloud she loved him even better

Dragon Mage
02-22-2007, 06:06 AM
uhh well she wasnt dating zack when he got shot so there fore she isnt a widow and yes she saw a bit of zack in cloud but when she saw the real cloud she loved him even better

*ahem* Actually, she was dating Zack at the time he was killed. Think about it. He left on the mission for Niblehiem. (Aeris tells you this in the game, 5 years after this all happened.) He escaped with is friend, Cloud, and was summarily shot. He never came back (duh) and no one knew what happened to him. That was 5 years before the start of the game. So she was dating him at when he died.

And about that last part, I wouldn't be to sure about that. She never really met the 'real' Cloud. She knew that he wasn't himself, indeed. But she never actually met 'him' until after she died. And by then she was telling him to move on with his life and stop moping about 'letting' her die.

esterix
02-24-2007, 04:05 AM
Well firstly, this egocentric flirt gets to date this hot hunky SOLDIER called Zack and for some reason or other the other hot hunky bishounen called Cloud ended up falling in love with her as well. There's a limit to how much fangirls can take. Secondly, it's not like I like Tifa or abhor her big boobs or whatever, but for crying out loud this girl was Cloud's childhood friend. Despite sharing so many fond memories together, Cloud didn't bat an eyelid at her at all and what did he do? Like Aeris?

And even in Advent Children the dead woman continued to cement herself in his memories popping in every so often and thus the dude couldn't forget about her and move on. Also as a result of her death Cloud closed his heart to everyone else and I can almost picture Aeris beaming with pride in her weird limbo area.

Ryushikaze
02-24-2007, 10:00 PM
and for some reason or other the other hot hunky bishounen called Cloud ended up falling in love with her as well.

Funny, I never noticed that happening. I saw the girl hitting on the 'hunky bishounen' more than a jackhammer does the pavement, but he was pretty much oblivious to her, since he had eyes for the dark haired girl he grew up with.

There's a limit to how much fangirls can take. Secondly, it's not like I like Tifa or abhor her big boobs or whatever, but for crying out loud this girl was Cloud's childhood friend. Despite sharing so many fond memories together, Cloud didn't bat an eyelid at her at all and what did he do? Like Aeris?

No, he was still interested in Tifa, but when you've got the memories of your dead best friend running through your head, things get complicated.

esterix
02-25-2007, 01:50 PM
...since he had eyes for the dark haired girl he grew up with.

Funny I never noticed that happening either.

Ryushikaze
02-26-2007, 12:48 AM
...since he had eyes for the dark haired girl he grew up with.

Funny I never noticed that happening either.

Lifestream sequence. He changed his entire life in an attempt to impress her. His dearest memories are of her. Cloud's heart was calling to Tifa's (and her's back to him) when they were floating apart. His dialog with Tifa at the beginning of CoT.

Serapy
02-26-2007, 01:12 AM
I think that Cloud likes Tifa more than Aeris, but then things got more complicated when Aeris dies, it's like Cloud feels bad for something he has done wrong or something cause he was seeking forgiveness in FF7:AC when he met Aeris in his dreams

Shlup
02-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Someone reported that this thread was bad but it's too long so I didn't read it but I'm closing it anyway so if you have a problem with that PM Yamaneko.

*closes*