PDA

View Full Version : Character Run-Through

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-15-2006, 03:42 AM
See-- Personally, I like FF12. A lot. The story is big, involving (even with NPCs), and skips along with twists and hops and bounds in the player's wake merrily. I like that in a story. (Some, however, don't like long-winded stories. It can be considered annoying.) The gameplay is alright, even if it's going against the rules of all original RPG cliche, there are many sidequests and even more pieces of random, silly input scattered all over the place. I certainly like the characters a great deal (Which, again, others would pressure themselves to disagree upon...) because their personalities are stuck in place, in good or bad times. I like them all. (Though It don't like how they sound like they're in metal boxes the whole time.)

In fact, I suggest you try not to hate any of the characters. They all have their reasons to be the way they are. Unlike the characters in FF10, these characters were realistic.

Here's my take on the characters:
Vaan (va-n)- He may be brainless, but that's to be expected in a boy his age. What's surprising is how well he recovered from his the loss of all his family members. He does a good job at moving on, which I do quite like in a person. What I don't like is his English voice actor, who can't act worth CRAP (But he is good at taunting.) I also wonder about the bright colored dots on his nose and cheek... Are they pimples or something?! I just wish there was such thing as hygene products in the world of Ivalice.
Ashe (a-she)- My sister considers this one a B***. I think her not. She lost her whole kingdom, her beloved husband AND father, and went into hiding, considered dead, for 2 years. If I were her, I would come out a little snappy too. She keeps a stern sense of dignity even after all that happened (Of course! She's a former princess. Gaw.) and because of that, I can forgive her. My sister and I both complain, however, that her English Voice Actress makes her sound like she's 30, which makes me wish whoever voiced her would get SHOT.
Basch (ba-shu)- Now this is one of my sister's favorites. He's the last person I would accept in the party, but that's because he reminds me too much of my father. Basch is honorable, gullible, kind and protective of his land. Sadly, he wouldn't make a good husband because the only who-be he would marry is his dear beloved Kingdom Dalmasca! (I feel bad for my sister, of course. She wants him!) He is a good looker, and this is coming from a teen about a 30-year man. *Sigh* This one doesn't get over things easily, though. In fact he reminds me a lot of Aldebert Steiner (FF9)... Bah.
Penel0 (pe-ne-ro)- This is one of my personal favorites. She's the only main girl wearing even slightly modest, comfortable-looking clothing. She seems to be a Sailor-Moon esque girl, but her sense of integrity is what makes her so favorable. She tries hard not to think about the past (doing an even better job than her brotherly friend, Vaan) and has a prettier smile than Ashe. (Ashe doesn't smile much anyway.) Her voice actress isn't good at all (Just like Vaan's, actually) but I can get around that simply because she's a real treat. Worth saving her butt, too. I also think that, once Larsa grows a bit more, she should hook up with him. That would make them both happy, I'm sure.
Balthier/Balflear (ba-ru-fu-ri-a)- let's put it this way. Baru-Sama is horribly wonderful. Because of that, he's my ABSOLUTE favorite character. He's just the kind of man I would marry: Witty, adventurous, even-minded, NOT a goody-two-shoes, and has the bod of...Someone with a really good bod! I think this one will have many, many fangirls. Even his English voice is good, for cripe's sake! (Though his Seiyuu is better. Of course.) Though when I started out with him, it turned out that he was the slowest in the party to attack and I went on a License-collecting spree of DOOM in order to get him to be the fastest. I get upset when he's upset, and go into a fit of crazy squeals when he says something funny or does something cool... Might even make a shrine for him, the lousy heartsnatcher.
Fran (fu-ra-n)- Fran-San reminds me of Freja (again, FF9), except in half-naked overly tall bunny-lady form. Did you notice, there are no male Viera? I think they reproduce via pollen. Or something. Either way, I like her because of her feminine honesty. She will...surely draw in a lot of male fans. I'm sure. Also, she stays with the rules of her original culture, however cruel it may be, while remaining open-minded in the process. What I'm trying to say is, she's cool. And cool is good. But one question-- Who the HELL came up with the dumb idea that Viera are born to walk on their tippy-toes?!

So those who do wind up selecting characters as favorites (like I did) be considerate and please, don't decide you hate one of them until you've examined their ways further.