PDA

View Full Version : how are the graphics compared to ff10?

lufia
12-15-2006, 06:41 PM
jo all.
is the graphics of ff12 an improved version of ff10?

also if anyone knows...does ff10-2 have better graphics than ff10?

btw ff10 graphics is mad :)

thanks

Slothy
12-15-2006, 06:43 PM
I prefer FFXII's graphics myself. The texture quality and the size of the environments are vastly improved over FFX.

As for FFX-2, it uses the same engine as FFX and had no graphical improvements that I know of. Certainly nothing noticeable if there was.

lufia
12-15-2006, 06:44 PM
dam that was quick! thanks vivi22 :D

VeloZer0
12-15-2006, 09:57 PM
FFXII's graphics are very much in advance of FFXs. Of all the things I complain about this game for, graphics quality is most assuredly not one of them.

Nominus Experse
12-15-2006, 10:33 PM
FFXII's graphics are an upgrade, so to speak. There is more texture, an amazing amount of detail, and the animations are superior. The colours are rich and blend well when needed. However, some of the graphics appear grainy, especially on larger televisions.

In X-2, the graphics are largely the same, but there are some dramatic improvements. Most notable of these are the faces of the characters. No longer do they almost appear flat- rather, they are much more maleable, and actually look like what their face ought to. The animations are also dramatically improved. Overall, X-2 had a much smoother, fluid feel to the graphics and animations when compared to FFX's.

FFXII took the improvements that X-2 showcased and drove it further, but became somewhat grainy in various spots in the process.

skillzboy4
12-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Only two things better than FF10 and the graphics is one of them and gameplay..

LunarWeaver
12-15-2006, 10:42 PM
I would say they are ultimately much more impressive in XII.

Lon611
12-16-2006, 12:05 AM

agreed....although i find it more difficult to notice the difference betweena normal cutscene and an fmv because the cutscenes done so well.

OFF TOPIC:is there a known way to purchase movies in FFXII at the end of the game like you had the ability to in FFX in Luca?that was a great feature, and with all of FFXII's marvelous fmv's, it would prove worthwhile

Leucant
12-16-2006, 12:19 AM

agreed....although i find it more difficult to notice the difference betweena normal cutscene and an fmv because the cutscenes done so well.

OFF TOPIC:is there a known way to purchase movies in FFXII at the end of the game like you had the ability to in FFX in Luca?that was a great feature, and with all of FFXII's marvelous fmv's, it would prove worthwhile

As far as I know, there is no feature that allows you to do that, but you're right it would be well worth getting. I agree that XII's graphics are suprior, but for some reason I think X did a better job at utilizing what the had and making a great FMV from it. I guess I just wanted more out of the cutscenes in XII, but having said that I still haven't seen the end cutscene yet because I still have to beat Omega Mark VIII.

Timerk
12-16-2006, 01:22 AM
jo all.
is the graphics of ff12 an improved version of ff10?

Not really.

I would call it more of a totally different style. It all depends on what you like, but XII has a look all its own visually, it is not simply a continuation of X.

X-2 has pretty much the same graphics as X, since most of everything was re-used anyway. The new areas look good, though.

Sephex
12-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Is your dick hard all the time because you are a robot? In other words, yes--the graphics are better.