PDA

View Full Version : Most Horrifiying Game Expierence?

Rosenti
12-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I have been reading a couple of reviews on Horror games, and it seems the pole on the most horrifying game is the Silent Hill series. I agree with it, SH is the most amazing, heart thumping crazy gameing expierence ive ever had.

But what game was most Horrifying to you? and the name of it? plus the reason why?

RiseToFall
12-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Same as you, the first Silent Hill really freaked me out. One of my buddies was so frightened about it that he had to make sure all the lights in the house were on and he turned down the volume since everyone who's played the games knows about it's creepy sound effects.

-I also want to try out the Fatal Frame series, I've heard they are really good/scary games.

LunarWeaver
12-15-2006, 08:22 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/Funny-SneakKing.jpg

Sneak King for the 360 is the most horrifying invention ever. The Burger King is the scariest creation since the My Buddy doll, and I have nightmares just thinking about it.

Spammerman
12-15-2006, 08:29 PM
For pure freak out factor, FEAR is it for me, since I Silent HIll, and I doubt youre 2 inches from the screen when you play when you see people firing at you, and a girl coming out of no where. For scary moments and popping out suprises, RE4. Due to the limited side view, I had my head cut off out of nowhere when I was on a roll by the chainsaw guy:(

Flying Mullet
12-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Final Fantasy VIII

I still have nightmares about that game.

Dreddz
12-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Aliens vs. Predator 2.

Xander
12-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Ecco the Dolphin on Megadrive ;__; Because when you got deeper down in the water it got darker and the music was scary, I couldn't even play it on my own....

sephirothishere
12-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Ecco the Dolphin on Megadrive ;__; Because when you got deeper down in the water it got darker and the music was scary, I couldn't even play it on my own....

i had that game...it had ghost ships and sharks that tried to eat you...i gave up after like..the 4th level...it was boring...it wasnt scary though....meh...

silent hill is pretty scary...resident evil on teh gamecube almost made me piss my pants.....but...the scariest game ever...has to be...

forbidden siren...or that other game...uh..crimson butterfly or somethin...some scary ass stuff right there...

Roto13
12-15-2006, 09:41 PM
The only scary game I've ever finished is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. That's pretty freaky.

Craig
12-15-2006, 09:43 PM

I got stuck on the 2nd or 3rd level of that game because I couldn't find where to go up for air.

As for the most horrifying game experience, well I haven't played many "scary games" but when I rented Resident Evil: Code Veronica once me and my friends were crapping our pants while playing it. There were dogs and zombies jumping out of every orifice.

And once on Resi 4, I was at the bit where you go through that mini maze (Not the hedge one) with all the bear traps and I could hear a chainsaw the whole time through. At 2am that was quite nerve racking.

Nominus Experse
12-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Superman 64... To quote my favourite book:

"The horror! The horror!"

sephirothishere
12-15-2006, 10:34 PM
castlevania can be pretty eerie too...but nto overly so...im gonna have a dungeon in my rpg thatll make you piss your pants...

Markus. D
12-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Fear 2.

but that was far more mindless than fear 1.

so. instead... Fear 1.

Spammerman
12-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Fear, or F.E.A.R?

Also, getting chased by the first werewolf in castlevania was scary for me, partly because I always ran and only heard his howl. It was the one on the Nintendo 64.

sephirothishere
12-16-2006, 12:18 AM
yeh...im playin those games on VBA emulator...theyre cool...all rpgs for the gameboy and snes or nes are great...tales of phantasia had some pretty eerie parts for a jolly kidna chibi game...
like..the first part..when you go and see mints mother with a sword through her...yet she was talking to you through the wall???who strange???

Tavrobel
12-16-2006, 12:33 AM
The entirety of Diablo II when I was but a mere boy.

Just dying, all over the place, especially the Cow level.

Elite Lord Sigma
12-16-2006, 01:06 AM
I don't get scared by that many games. Not even when I was younger.

Madame Adequate
12-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Silent Hill. Only game to ever give me nightmares.

These days, though, the only thing which gets to me is Fatal Frame.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-16-2006, 02:38 AM
I get scared by pretty much anything. I always watch my older brother play scary games and sometimes I even fall off whatever I'm sitting on while watching. I've watched him play..RE4, A few of the first RE's, and Fatal Frame. God, I'm such a wimp. :( But for some reason, scary movies don't scare me as much...:/

Vermachtnis
12-16-2006, 02:47 AM
Metroid Prime, your going through a tunnel and barely have any energy life left and the lights dim and then... CHOZO GHOST!

Sevink
12-16-2006, 02:52 AM
The only scary moment I've experienced in a video game was in Max Payne for the PlayStation 2.

There's a thin path of blood. If you fall off the path, Max Payne will fall into a black space with a weird scream. There's a lullaby song playing, and there's blood on the walls of his child's room.

I avoided that level since then.

Moon Rabbits
12-16-2006, 02:55 AM
The first appearance of manniquens (sp) in Silent Hill 2. That is scary fucking :skull::skull::skull::skull: right there.

Rase
12-16-2006, 04:09 AM
I tend to avoid horror games, so the scariest moment in a games for me are all from the Thief games: The levels The Haunted Cathedral, Return to the Cathedral, and Maw of Chaos from Theif: The Dark Project and the level Robbing the Cradle in Thief Deadly Shadows.

krissy
12-16-2006, 04:30 AM
silent hill 1

LOCKER

fantasyjunkie
12-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Silent Hill2 when those wolves jumped in through the window. God, did I jump and scream

Pauten
12-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Parasite Eve 2 used to freak me out, but these days I would have to say Fatal Frame 2 is pretty creepy.

sephirothishere
12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
uh..teh suffereing is pretty gruesome...

PROGJECT ZERO....
scary fuckin :skull::skull::skull::skull:...

Moon Rabbits
12-16-2006, 01:57 PM
silent hill 1

LOCKER

Walking up to that locker was pretty damn scary. But it was a kitty, so it was all good :jess:

KentaRawr!
12-16-2006, 03:32 PM
I can't get scared by video games. My intuition is too great.

Yuffie514
12-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Silent Hill. i buried the last Silent Hill game i played after beating it a few months ago. Silent Hill is a combination of psychological/mental/phsyical/sexual horror. how can you beat that?

Lawr
12-17-2006, 04:49 AM
Final Fantasy VIII

I still have nightmares about that game.

:eek: You 2!?

Wolf Kanno
12-17-2006, 05:55 AM
FFX-2, from it's horrible pop song opening, to it's abysmal, will to live sucking middle, and it's horrible uber gushy sweet happy ending...

I think I passed out a few times while trying to play it...

Seriously, Vagrant Story. Everytime you go into the Catacombs. The screen loads and the first thing you hear are church bells off in the distant. Then you start to walk through this eerie creepy dungeon. Only to start noticing that parts of the floor are moving and you can now hear the sound of children laughing.

Suddenly, you taget the moving floor only to find out it's a marionette that is colored the same as the floor. The little creepy Chidren Marionette's start attacking you with their little knifes, the whole time giggling. They scream after you kill them as well...

Then you check the Beastery and learn that they are called Quicksilvers. They are dolls possessed by the souls of children who died of plagues or in wars... Creepy...

Ryth
12-17-2006, 06:22 AM
Finding out Squall got a sex change and moved to Spira to become a sphere hunter. :(

FallenAngel411
12-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Fatal Frame series....everything else is like chasing the freakin dragon...I guess when you start with the best the rest just suck. When I was younger though, the first game scare me was seriously Ocarina of Time...I don't know how anyone made it through that entire game, as the dungeons for adult Link were absolutely terrifying for me!! I never made it past the Shadow Temple *shiveerrrrs*...but the moment its put up on the Virtual Console GDAMMIT I'M PWNING IT IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO HAHAHAHAHAHA *conquers childhood demons*....ha

Odaisé Gaelach
12-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Two for me: Resident Evil (PC). That damn Burkin thing kept coming back... it just would not die... and Mr. X...

And the second one: Clocktower (SNES).

:eek:

leon123
12-18-2006, 04:19 AM
sh 4
the part where your in the hospital and that head thing is staring at you twitchin eyes :whaaa: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/Xxleon123xX/aaaaaahhhhh.jpg

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Forbidden Siren

Wild0ne
12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
The first RE when it first came out was scary...

But the first game that ever scared me was Deja vu on the NES. The music and story was offbeat and strange. Then you open the trunk and theres a fat lady there!!! And you have to give her truth serum!! And theres a mugger that takes your money!!! Scary stuff...

Eiko Guy
12-18-2006, 03:51 PM
The worst game i played is naruto ninja council I'm glad I only emulated then deleted it

aquatius
12-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Doom 3 gave my brother nightmares when he was about 16.