PDA

View Full Version : ending questions. *spoilers*

boys from the dwarf
12-15-2006, 08:54 PM
1. right at the end after vincent and shelke have talked near lucrecias cave and the scene moves upwards to the sky, there is some sort of symbol or shape in the clouds. this is right before it says "the end".

what is it?

2. i've not collected all the G-files but i'd like to know, what relevance does he have to the story?

dont answer this if there are a lot of spoilers.

3.and where can i find the files?

also. the whole thing about hojo surviving in cyberspace and being effectively reborn inside weiss.

im not too sure on how it works. right now i think he used all his data to live on in a way and although hojo is dead, an exact copy of his mind was created. then again i have noticed that in the starting flashback hojos lieing there dead and then suddenly he's gone.

right? it seemed a bit dodgy and "quick! we need to think of a way to bring hojo back!" seems as how its not mentioned at all in FF7 but i just want to be sure on how its supposed to work.

The Crystal
12-17-2006, 11:16 PM
2. i've not collected all the G-files but i'd like to know, what relevance does he have to the story?

He is a prototype of Sephiroth, and was experimented with stagnant Mako(NOT Jenova). In the end of DoC he pick Weiss body and said something like "We have more work to doo, brother" and with his very big wing(in one side of his backs), fly away.I have more informations about Genesis in Crisis Core(because of the past trailer and the new Jump Festa trailer), but i don't know if you want to know more about him, because of the spoilers.

also. the whole thing about hojo surviving in cyberspace and being effectively reborn inside weiss.

im not too sure on how it works. right now i think he used all his data to live on in a way and although hojo is dead, an exact copy of his mind was created. then again i have noticed that in the starting flashback hojos lieing there dead and then suddenly he's gone.

right? it seemed a bit dodgy and "quick! we need to think of a way to bring hojo back!" seems as how its not mentioned at all in FF7 but i just want to be sure on how its supposed to work.

What i understanded, is that what we see is part of Hojo's consciousness that was waiting in the World Network.
Then, when Weiss "entered" the Network(to find a cure to the virus that Restrictor infected him with), Hojo possesed his mind and body.

The other questions, i don't have any idea. Sorry.

chaosomegaultima
01-11-2007, 12:15 AM
1. right at the end after vincent and shelke have talked near lucrecias cave and the scene moves upwards to the sky, there is some sort of symbol or shape in the clouds. this is right before it says "the end".

what is it?

It's the remains of Omega that was blown up if you look very carefully.

There's really no major spoilers at all about G, but look throughout the internet about him on everything final fantasy you see and try and put it all together. or go directly squareenix admins and ask them, like i did.

3.and where can i find the files?

the first one is found on the roof when you reach the broken bride later in the game. second is found on the pipes where the elite shielded gaurds come out on top and you have to stand in the center platform to be raised. and the third is when you've tranformes into chaos and when you have to cross the highest narrow bridge to the other tanker go all the way around to collect it before heading into the battle with the 10 stars.

Hojo had extracted his mind into the SND and left it there after he couldn't find Sephiroth.But the lightning had struck and the program fragmented screwing the entire thing to hell. When DG was freed they opened the SND and reformatted the entire program with Lucrecia's data too, thus bringing Hojo back into reixistence.

Big D
01-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Then, when Weiss "entered" the Network(to find a cure to the virus that Restrictor infected him with), Hojo possesed his mind and body.
Hmm? Where'd that info come from? I'm not doubting it, I'd just like to know where it came from.
2. i've not collected all the G-files but i'd like to know, what relevance does he have to the story?'G' is the man behind Deepground. He's mentioned a few times, either directly or in passing, but his existence makes quite a bit of sense and explains a few things. He was the one who turned Deepground from a SOLDIER infirmary into a perverted experimental ground. It seems he was from an early Shinra experiment, one pre-dating Sephiroth's creation. Sephiroth and G are almost equal in power, but different in the kind of power they have. Sephiroth represented overt destruction and skill on the battlefield, whereas G pulled the strings from behind the scenes, a master manipulator who weilded enormous power by controlling events without being seen. Both Sephiroth and G had their identities and details suppressed by Shinra, undoubtedly to conceal the secrets behind their existence; but it's clear that G went renegade some time before Sephiroth did.
G's also the 'father' of the Tsviets; not their biological father, not in Shelke's case anyway since she was taken to Deepground as a child, but he's still the one respsonsible for the existence and the powers of the Tsviets.
also. the whole thing about hojo surviving in cyberspace and being effectively reborn inside weiss.They could simply have had Hojo preserve his spirit inside some contraption, but they couldn't do that because his death - and his return to the planet - is confirmed in the novella "The Maiden Who Travels The Planet" (or something like that), when Aerith encounters his spirit in the Lifestream. So, for Dirge of Cerberus, they had Hojo basically download his mind into the internet and preserve it that way. The collapse of Shinra, Inc left things in a bad way, but when the network was brought up-and-running again, the data duplicate of Hojo's mind was brought back along with it.
then again i have noticed that in the starting flashback hojos lieing there dead and then suddenly he's gone.He doesn't 'disappear' until the platform gets struck by lightning and starts to collapse, so his body simply fell off the Sister Ray and plummeted to the ground. He wasn't quite dead then; Yuffie's 'tricorder' detected a lifesign on the cannon, and Vincent rushed up to finish the job; Hojo must've finally died after the lightning strike.
right? it seemed a bit dodgy and "quick! we need to think of a way to bring hojo back!" seems as how its not mentioned at all in FF7 I agree, it was a bit of a dodgy contrivance and it could've been handled better... but that scene's not in FFVII for another good reason: while Yuffie and Vincent were helping the evacuation of Midgar, Cloud and Tifa were back alone at the Highwind having a long angsty discussion about their feelings. We just didn't get to see what the other characters were up to at that time...