PDA

View Full Version : stealing success rate?

eurotrash
12-15-2006, 10:01 PM
each time i try to steal, i either cannot steal or get the lowest item of the possible choices. anyone know how to up the rate of success, or even steal the better items from the enemies?

Flying Mullet
12-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Equipping the Thief Glove, which is in the steamship, raises your success rate when stealing.

eurotrash
12-15-2006, 10:28 PM
have that and have used it with no success
(im lvl 41 and in the pyramid now)

Jowy
12-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I just spam the Time spell Return until I get what I want.

PuPu
12-16-2006, 12:38 AM
have that and have used it with no success
(im lvl 41 and in the pyramid now)

There is a monster in the Pyramid called Bludgeoner (Sacred from FFVIII), and you can steal more and more Thief Gloves from him every time you encounter him. Just steal it every time to encouter him, run away, look for him again, and repeat until you have as many as you want. Remember, once he's killed, you wont see him again.

He also says something like "You'll never defeat my brother Minitaurus (Minotaur from FFVIII) at the Fork Tower.."

...Level 41? Wow. I'm right about to face Neo X-Death and I'm only about level 37.

eurotrash
12-16-2006, 07:28 AM
as for the level 41, i do alot of passive playing (walk around and level while watching a movie/reading).
i never thought of using the return spell, good idea.

atleast the drops in this game seem to have better odds, unlike FF IV, which were sick (trying to get the glass helm from evilmasks, which ive never found)