PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development

Yar
12-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Finally! Someone bought me the DVD's to this hilarious show. For the majority of you people who don't have a clue what this show is, it is about a dysfunctional rich family with some legal problems, but that is the extremely short version of the story. It's too bad it only lasted three short years. If you have seen this show, please talk about or quote your favorite moments of this show. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes.

After Tobias had just recently bought a dance club.

Tobias: Well, yes, but I’m afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so now I’m afraid I have somewhat of a mess on my hands.
Michael: There are just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

Ryth
12-16-2006, 02:08 AM
I can't think of any quotes, but I love this show. It's cancellation made me hate people even more. :mad2:

chaos_ghost
12-16-2006, 02:13 AM
I can't think of any quotes. But the fact that it is cancelled and the War at Home is still on pisses me off.

Roto13
12-16-2006, 02:24 AM
I have the entire series on DVD. God, I love that show. It was amazing.

The Captain
12-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Very easily one of the two or three funniest and most well written shows of all time. Each and every character had thousands of moments that stand out, though I always loved Henry Winkler on the series personally, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

"If you know where your dad is, just give me a high-five."
"If he has a shot, just give me a little tap on the fanny."

"OH MY GOD, WE'RE HAVING A FIRE sale.."

Take care all.

Roto13
12-16-2006, 03:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8BcG6SUqpU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV4ivanz2xs

The Captain
12-16-2006, 03:55 AM
I could watch the show endlessly.

In fact, I find my comedy writing beginning to mimic the shows style, with a narrator and plots that seem overly complex until they somehow always tie together.

Take care all.

Shine On...
12-17-2006, 03:42 AM
I can't think of any quotes. But the fact that it is cancelled and the War at Home is still on pisses me off.

Yes. I totally agree.

This show was probably one of the best recent TV shows. Its a giant shame that it got cancelled. I recently bought the First Season DVD's and am gonna get the second + third seasons for Christmas.

Everything about that show was the best. The characters, the plots, the whole thing. I loved it.. if only more people had. :(

Del Murder
12-17-2006, 03:57 AM
This might possibly be, after Simpsons and Seinfeld, both who have the advantage of super long runs, the greatest sitcom in the history of television.

This is from the Public Relations episode:

Gob: Michael I need you to get Jessie to spin something for me.
Michael: Sorry, I don't think Jessie works for us anymore. What did you need spun?
Gob: ...Murder

The Captain
12-17-2006, 04:05 AM
I can never listen to Europe's "The Final Countdown" without breaking down in laughter, even moreso, thanks to AD.

Take care all.

Vermachtnis
12-17-2006, 04:11 AM
This show was one of my favorites and when it moved I had no idea what was going on until I found out where it moved to and that it was being canceled. Man that was annoying.

Galbadian Soldier
12-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Easily one of the best shows I've ever watched. Sadly I didn't get into it until like a week before the third season started! Well I don't watch tv if at all but this one show made me want to watch tv. I was pissed when I heard it was going to get cancelled.:mad:

Anyway what season did you guys think was the best? When I went to a few AD fansites and IMDB a lot of the "hardcore" fans thought the second season was the weakest and worst but I thought otherwise. I thought it was the best and funniest. Thoughts?

Also my fave Tobias quote is:

"I'm afraid I just blue myself."

The Captain
12-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I found the 2nd season to be the best, but they were all wonderful.

Take care all.

Roto13
12-17-2006, 11:59 PM
I thought the second season was the "worst", but it's still funnier than anything else on tv.

Moon Rabbits
12-18-2006, 02:39 AM
I love this show. I was so sad when it was cancelled. Actually, I didn't know it was and just assumed the season had ended without me knowing...then it didn't come back :(

I don't think I can recall any specific quotes right now, but anything involving Buster + seal (I think?) - hand = funny.

Ryth
12-18-2006, 02:59 AM
I think it was dolphin.

Roto13
12-18-2006, 03:32 AM
It was a seal.

"Loose seal!" "SHE DOESN"T CONTROL ME ANY MORE!" (or something like that)

Ryth
12-18-2006, 03:36 AM
I really need to start watching this show again.

The Captain
12-18-2006, 05:50 AM
"WMD's found in Iraq, what it means for your morning commute, tonight at 10."

Take care all.

Roto13
12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
That's my wife and my nephew. We have an open relationship. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3bgXcvC1_c)

We've lost him. :( (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp7X5n5wmfc)

The Captain
12-18-2006, 07:43 PM
"Tobias... you Blowhard!"

Take care all.

Shine On...
12-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Does anyone remember that episode on the first season with Kitty (The Bluth Company's secretary) and when she gets the breast implants and she just keeps flashing Michael with them? Man, that had me laughing for ever.

Roto13
12-19-2006, 03:22 AM
SAY GOODBYE TO THESE!

Shine On...
12-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Hhahah Yes YES! thats the stuff!

Thank you Roto baby, you've made my day better.
Word cannot express my love for that show. It was too good for its own good.

The Captain
12-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Also, if you notice, they make reference to the fact that her implants might be lopsided. It's the details that set the show completely apart, everything comes back to itself and somehow branches out all in one.

Take care all.

Roto13
12-20-2006, 04:13 AM
SAY GOODBYE TO THESE!

Hhahah Yes YES! thats the stuff!

Thank you Roto baby, you've made my day better.
Word cannot express my love for that show. It was too good for its own good.

What I really loved is when Tobias did it. XD

Shine On...
12-21-2006, 04:51 AM
True True, and yeah, her implants were so lopsided.
When Tobias did it it was hilarious.

Like what the Captain said about the Story line being so branched out then coming together, I find it miraculous that the writers could find such hilarious solutions for the show.

Yar
12-22-2006, 03:23 AM
LINDSAY: Michael, it's shoplifting, and I'm white. I think I'm going to be okay.

I also loved when "Mrs. Featherbottom" did "her" enchanting entrance.

vorpal blade
12-22-2006, 11:19 AM
"Loose seal!" "SHE DOESN"T CONTROL ME ANY MORE!" (or something like that)

Man: "Loose seal!"
Buster: "I don't care about Lucile!"

Buster: "I can blow myself, mother!"

"Steve Holt!"

Michael: "I just f***ed my brother-in-law."
Maeby: "Well, I'm all grown up now."

Too many good lines.

Yar
12-22-2006, 03:34 PM
White Power Bill: Who is this little [[explitive]]?
Tobias: Well, it’s been quite a while since anybody’s called me a tyke, but no, I am Dr. Tobias Fünke, or with your help, Frightened Inmate #2. And who is this shiny building of a man?
George Sr.: Oh, I’m very scared right now.

Roto13
12-22-2006, 03:50 PM
"Steve Holt!"

When they were talking about Steve Holt's mother, they showed her yearbook and her quote was "Eve Holt!" :love:

Yar
12-22-2006, 06:30 PM
"Steve Holt is a bastard. He doesn't even know who his real father is!"

Shine On...
12-31-2006, 12:39 AM
"George Michael Is Good With the Ladies!"
[George Michael stands with his grandmother and Auntie (who is wearing a shirt that says slut on it) in each arm.

Cruise Control
12-31-2006, 01:26 AM
What's your return policy on dead doves?

Yar
01-01-2007, 04:25 AM
[Maeby walks downstairs to see her parents fighting]
Lindsay: I'm saying everytime something starts to go well for you, you blow it.
Tobias: Nothing has ever gone well for me and you know it!
Lindsay: That's my point, you...[sees Maeby] ... handsome cowboy, you.
Tobias: Oh, great. And now you're mocking me. You selfish c.. [sees Maeby] ...ountry-music-loving lady.

FantasticallyEvil
01-03-2007, 04:30 AM
I bought Season 1 blind and really enjoy it. Funny show.

I forget what episode, the episode is something like this.

Buster: Well, who in this family has a job?
George Michael: I do
Buster: Doing what?
George Michael: I work at the banana stand.
Buster starts laughing.
Buster: Oh, I thought you meant a real job or a plumber or something like that.

The Unknown Guru
01-05-2007, 03:30 AM
BOB LOBLAW.

That is the best name ever thought of for anything. "Yes, I have it in my Loblog."

Tobias' business card was great, too.

Tobias Funke
Analrapist

"It's pronounced uh-NAL-rapp-ist!"

Shine On...
01-10-2007, 03:48 AM
Tobias: "Hmmm... The party is on a ship? maybe I should have told the Hot Cops To be Something more Nautical..."
Michael: "Yeah Maybe..."
Tobias: "How about Hot Sailors, or Hot Seame..."(Michael Interrupts)
Michael: "I Like Hot Sailors"