PDA

View Full Version : Advent Children: Limited Edition

RiseToFall
12-16-2006, 09:21 PM
December 15, 2006 - On February 6, 2007, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set) on DVD. The double dip will delve further into the Final Fantasy VII legacy with tons of bonus materials and extra features. The set will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $49.95.

The Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set) DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

Ten collectible postcards
English movie script
Biographical character booklet
Reminiscence of FINAL FANTASY VII Story Digest
FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN: Venice Film Festival Footage
Sneak Peek of Upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Games
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
The Distance: Making-of Featurette with All New English Voice Cast Interviews
Anime Feature: Last Order FINAL FANTASY VII

Check out the artwork for the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set) DVD below, along with some images from the film:

[!]start image table [/!]http://media.ign.com/ign/image/pixy.gifhttp://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/article/751/751165/final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-limited-edition-collectors-set-20061214085743271-000.jpg (http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/872/872084/img_4125605.html)
Link. (http://dvd.ign.com/articles/751/751165p1.html)

-I think I'll pass on this.

Dragon Mage
12-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Not much new suff is there? Heck, the only big added thing there is the English voice-over cast interview, which, while it would be interesting to see, but I'm sure as hell ain't goin' to hand over a 50$ bill for that. Geez, those boys as SE sure are milkin' this for all it's worth, aren't they? I'd have to agree, I'd pass on this. And if my curiosity gets the best of me, that's what internet downloads and Blockbuster is for. If they really changed the movie, I might actually give a crap. From the looks of it, they haven't! Ha.

*~Angel Wing~*
12-18-2006, 01:50 PM
I might get it...if I have enough money at the time. :p

Little Blue
12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
This is a waste. So very pointless for interviews and other unneeded crap. I haven't even watched all the extra crap on the one I bought when it came out the first time... And I'm so not going to buy it.

XxSephirothxX
12-18-2006, 08:41 PM
I was pretty disappointed to find out that this wouldn't have the scenes and whatnot that are on Advent Children Complete. How many different versions of a movie do you need? This stuff won't be worth a repurchase.

Nominus Experse
12-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Square really ought to stop copying moves made by Micro$oft.

Milk, milk, milk until the greatness of the original is utterly tainted by its spinoffs and the like...

Dragon Mage
12-21-2006, 01:10 AM
I was pretty disappointed to find out that this wouldn't have the scenes and whatnot that are on Advent Children Complete. How many different versions of a movie do you need? This stuff won't be worth a repurchase.

Wait...there's ANOTHER movie out?????? I remember hearing about an limited edition thing, but I thought this was it!!!!! Holy cow. What difference is there between ACC and this one?? Geez this is getting really ridiculous.

Orophin
12-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Wait...there's ANOTHER movie out?????? I remember hearing about an limited edition thing, but I thought this was it!!!!! Holy cow. What difference is there between ACC and this one?? Geez this is getting really ridiculous.

Advent Children Complete will only be for Blu-Ray and will be in 1080p. They want to remake some of the scenes (mostly fighting scenes from what I have read) and add 20 mins of extra scenes because they felt the movie was uncomplete.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-23-2006, 07:00 AM
I don't think it's a bad buy, I'd love to have all that stuff.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-24-2006, 01:16 AM
$50!? ya kidding me.......

ill wait till it gets lowered to 10

Ten collectible postcards (not interested)
English movie script (i pretty much memorised the words in the movie)
Biographical character booklet (i know who the characters are)
Reminiscence of FINAL FANTASY VII Story Digest (already have it)
FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN: Venice Film Festival Footage (already seen it)
Sneak Peek of Upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Games
Trailers (shouldnt be even worth money since there trailers...)
Deleted Scenes ( if there new, plenty, and lengthy then maybe...)
The Distance: Making-of Featurette with All New English Voice Cast Interviews (if its that bonus disk thing then thats crap)
Anime Feature: Last Order FINAL FANTASY VII (already seen it, no big whoop)

Kuldian
12-26-2006, 01:50 AM
This is a must to buy!! :)

Thane
12-28-2006, 05:05 PM
50 bucks! What a jip, there isn't much new features. If it were cheaper I might consider it... Might! :D

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
POSTCARDS!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'll gladly fork over $50 dollars for that!

No...but really, I don't even have a copy of the original so I'll probably buy it.

KasaiDraco
01-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Cloud looks so PRETTY on that cover! If I didn't know any better, I'd say it's a girl.

Well, they'll probably have the extra scenes and interviews on Youtube or something. They even have the whole movie on Youtube since the last time I checked.

KoShiatar
01-24-2007, 08:10 AM
2005 Venice World Prime footage or no buy. è_é

Mirage
01-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Judging by some of the posts in this thread, I'd say it was a good business move by Square-Enix.

Square really ought to stop copying moves made by Micro$oft.

Milk, milk, milk until the greatness of the original is utterly tainted by its spinoffs and the like...
1. Writing Microsoft with a dollar-sign stopped being cool a long time ago.
2. What does Microsoft have to do with this? I don't know a lot of cases where MS has milked a product much more than many other companies.

arylonthedancer
02-26-2007, 03:11 AM
i didn't think this was worth it at all either till they updated the main page here and i realized that Last Order is included in the package. that to me is worth the bill$ when you consider all the other fairly cool stuff as well. the english script is pretty cool but it is really only geared to collectors. other than that it just looks real sexy.

GF_Diablos
02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
What does it matter if it's worth it or not, that's the point of a collectors edition. It's for collectors. If it was going to be full of stuff you want for cheap it would be a special edition.
If they release it in UK i will probably get it.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-26-2007, 05:33 PM
wanted so badly!!!!!
depends on the price though...hmmm...oh well, am sure it will be worth it...though Last Order made me cry, and when i think about it/ see zack

Savern Volaco
02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Last order was great and then there is...@.@...oh yeah that one um I would buy it for the collection to add on so I would but um I collect things, because I live in nowhere so what, Zack was way kewl I think.

Ishin Ookami
02-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Last order was great and then there is...@.@...oh yeah that one um I would buy it for the collection to add on so I would but um I collect things, because I live in nowhere so what, Zack was way kewl I think.

Collector sets like these are a quick way to make a buck, it's cheap because most of the material is already in the vaults, they just have to put it all together and ship it out with a hefty price tag.

That said, AC was garbage the first time around, now there is just more garbage. It would be nice if they put in some extras that would be worth having.