PDA

View Full Version : Jecht Music

Comet
12-16-2006, 10:24 PM
can anyone tell me what the song is called when you fight jecht for the last time at the end of the game?

Vermachtnis
12-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Do you mean Braska's Final Aeon, cause I think that's Otherworld.

Rhi
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Otherworld by Alexander O Smith

*~Angel Wing~*
12-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Yes. It's an awesome song!!! :thumb:

It gets me all pumped up while I'm fighting him.

10-Breaker
12-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Oh you have different...
In PAL band is Ramstein and song is Zanarkand tough...

Rhi
12-22-2006, 12:28 PM
? the pal version uses otherworld...

TheSpoonyBard
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
In ALL versions of the game the song is Otherworld, sung by Bill Muir of xtillidiex, composed by Nobuo Uematsu, with lyrics by Alexander O. Smith.

10-Breaker
12-28-2006, 03:59 PM
My game has Ramstein - Zanarkand theme.
And its bought from shop!

TheSpoonyBard
12-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Where does it say that? There's no song called Zanarkand and Rammstein have no connections with FFX.

Sefie1999AD
12-28-2006, 06:12 PM
It's the song Otherworld, but it's a slightly different arrangement from the opening version and the soundtrack version. It can't be found anywhere in the soundtrack, but it can be heard if you extract all the music from the game in psf2 form. The differences to the soundtrack version are that it loops, there's less distortion guitar, less lyrics, more instrumental parts and it's probably in midi form (I think I once removed the Disc from my PS2, but the music kept playing). Here's how the final battle version goes:

1) Intro (similar to the soundtrack version, except it focuses on a distortion guitar and drums)
2) Roar
(*)
3) Lyrics:
Go now if you want it
An other world awaits you
Don't you give up on it
You bite the hand that feeds you

All alone
Cold fields you wander
Memories of it
Cloud your sight
Fills your dreams
Disturbs your slumber
Lost your way
A fallen knight

Go now if you want it
An other world awaits you
Don't you give up on it
You bite the hand that feeds you
4) Instrumental interlude
5) Background lyrics:
You know you will,
You know you will (repeated several times, I'm not sure if they also keep repeating "You know it")
6) Lyrics:
Fight, fight, fight (x4)
FIGHT!
7) Instrumental interlude
8) Return to (*)

The differences in the lyrics are that the final battle version doesn't have the lyrics "Hold now, aim is steady, an otherworld awaits you. One thousand years - you ready? The otherworld, it takes you." It's also missing the spoken words "Go, into the sand and the dust and the sky. Go now, there is no better plan than to do or to die. Free me, pray to the faith in the face of the light, feed me, fill me with sin and get ready to fight."

No.78
12-30-2006, 08:34 PM
When I first heard it I was scared, but I guess it just being in final fantasy makes you like it :P