PDA

View Full Version : Reserving games

Avarice-ness
12-17-2006, 02:38 AM
I put FFVIA on reserve yesterday so I can have it paid off by... feburary? To me it seems A-Okay but other people think it's to early.

So when do you put your games on reserve? Do you wait last minute, Right when you know you can, or somewhere in between? :razz:

Ben
12-17-2006, 02:42 AM
I usually wait until maybe 2 weeks before i reaserve my games.

Roto13
12-17-2006, 02:42 AM
The only game I eve pre-ordered was Wind Waker and that's just because I wanted that super sexy Ocarina of Time Master Quest bonus disc.

Ben
12-17-2006, 02:44 AM
I reserve my game (for about 5 dollars)
Then make my parents pay for it when it comes out. :D

Jowy
12-17-2006, 03:51 AM
I have Super Paper Mario and God of War II on preorder. I used to preorder whatever I was going to pick up because when I worked at GameStop it got us more hours for having higher reserve percentages.

RiseToFall
12-17-2006, 03:59 AM
Never really reserve games these days(only few exceptions). My budget isn't that great right now so I tend to wait until games drop their price before I buy.

Vermachtnis
12-17-2006, 04:29 AM
I only reserve games that's gonna be hard to get the Saturday after it's released. So far I've only reserved Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy III, and SMT: Devil Summoner Ridou Something vs The Army of Darkness.

Wolf Kanno
12-17-2006, 07:39 AM
I've reserved a game a year before it came out. FFIX, I believe... I usually reserve only a few times, it's usually just to make sure I remember when a game is coming out. FFXII, Xenosaga Episode III, and KHII were the last games I have actually reserved in a few years...

Galbadian Soldier
12-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Usually I hardly ever reserve anything, the only thing I've pre ordered in the past few years was the CE of FF XII. but for the first ever I've been going to Gamestop more and more(I usually avoid that place like the plague), and I swear I always get the same guy and he just persists and persists till I give in and reserve something!!

Stuff I've preordered since FF XII are:

FF III
Castlevania:PoR
Elebits
and now Lost Planet for the 360!!

I guess i'm just a pushover and can't say no to anyone. :lol:

Zeromus_X
12-17-2006, 06:56 PM
If it's a game I know I'm really going to enjoy, then I reserve it as soon as possible. I reserved FFIIIDS two months before it was released (of course, after it was delayed...).

I need to go reserve FFVI Advance in the near future.

Timerk
12-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I know a lot of worried nerds who are upset because they don't think they will be able to get the collectors edition of WoW: The Burning Crusades, and when I say 'worried' I mean 'super paranoid/depressed.'

If you really care about a game, pre-order as soon as you can. You really don't have anything to lose, so why not?

edczxcvbnm
12-18-2006, 07:13 AM
I put down a pre-order when there is a bad ass pre-order that I want. I have Halo 3 Legendary edition on pre-order right now.

Wild0ne
12-18-2006, 12:39 PM
The only game I pre-ordered was FFXII...Then when I heard FFIII was coming out, and that I liked handhelds better, I switched it over. So I have just beaten FFV, getting ready to play FFIII that I bought over a month ago..then maybe I will get FFXII..

I should be set for the year..

Rusty
12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
I've never actually reserved a game. I've always been able get my hands on a copy despite any hype surrounding a game.

Bunny
12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
The only gave I have ever reserved was Suikoden V. That was about a month and a half before release.