PDA

View Full Version : Ahriman

Darknight32
12-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Hey Everybody, Im stuck on this damn ahriman guy and i just cant beat him. I was thinkin that i might be behind on levels. my main party is at level 35-36..... If not then is there any strategies you guys could post for me?

Renmiri
12-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Where at ?

Darknight32
12-17-2006, 02:14 PM
The Sochen Cave Palace I believe.....

chionos
12-17-2006, 05:29 PM
There's not really anything to take advantage of in the fight. It's mostly about whether or not you can do good damage in between the constant esunas and cures. If you can't, you might want to do some leveling, although you're basically high enough to beat him. When I fought him, I found that keeping my guys spaced out helped a bunch. It takes a lot of constant tweaking but it worked. Also, anytime you're participating in a fight that requires a lot of downtime(esunas, cures, buffs, etc) I find it's best to have a fast weapon: a ninja sword, katana, or dagger at lower levels. Because you'll only have a couple seconds to get your hits in, you want to make sure you'll actually swing before you have to cure again. It also helps for taking out the clones quickly.

Darknight32
12-17-2006, 05:44 PM
thanks for your help, i might go level up a little bit more before i give it another try.

Moon Rabbits
12-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Preperation:

Level up
Equip status protecting accesories

Application:

Summon all your Espers until you only have 1 Mist Charge left
Use Mist Quickenings
Switch out ONE member for another, and use their Quickening
Repeat the switching of members until everyone has no MP
Charge
Repeat

That's how I beat him. After awhile the constant failing of charge made me forget quickenings and just attack in between Curas.

chionos
12-18-2006, 04:33 AM
The problem with relying on a strategy like that is that it's a temporary fix. The Bosses you'll meet later will require much more sharply honed skill to overcome. Practice now at managing your parties -without- quickenings or espers, because later they are next to useless, and completely useless for some fights-yiazmat for one.

One of the best aspects of FFXII, especially compared to its predecessors, is that it is not one of those games that requires you to level up to overcome obstacles. I mean, leveling up is obviously part of the process, but in previous games leveling up took the place of strategy, and in FFXII you can overcome a weakness in level and overall strength by developing rich and diverse strategies. I met two of the endgame bosses, Yiazmat and Omega, in the early 70's and at first glance I thought I would have to level into the 90's to deal with them(especially when Yiazmat hit critical-WOW), but I tried multiple different gambit combinations until eventually I found things that worked and didn't have to level at all. Incidentally, IMO, any boss that can be taken out with quickenings can be taken down at the same level by a good strategy, -without- quickenings. I think that quickenings are a fun way to break the monotony of battle sometimes, but should not be used as an element of battle strategy. Considering their relative weakness compared to weapon DoT and MP consumption, it's not just an opinion but something the game implements in its evolution as well. -What good's a 50thousand dmg quickening when the mob has 50million hp and you're left with no mp?-

Basically, all I'm saying is that you shouldn't rely on quickenings. I guarantee if you think about the fight and try a couple different combinations you'll find something that works for you and you'll furthermore learn more about the game and be better prepared for what lies ahead.

Renmiri
12-19-2006, 03:11 AM
I found him a breeze at level 49. And with bubble belts.

But even at lower levels I have been having a very easy time with bosses by using "Drain". It heals your guys AND depletes the fiend even if it is a flier or darn fast like the Vorpal Bunny.

3 characters doing Drain will pretty much suck out all the HP of most bosses even the ones with Regen and Cura / Esuna.