PDA

View Full Version : Need to Stab Myself in the Eye!

Madonna
12-17-2006, 05:16 AM
I have a problem with things near my eyes. I think it is understandable, if you are thinking about sawdust, watermelon ricochet, shuriken, and the like, but the following are also problems for me: eye exams with your friendly neighborhood optometrist, using eyedrops, and applying eyeliner. I have not worn contacts, but I imagine that would be another issue.

This thread can go either of two ways:

1) Suggest stupid things that I can do to overcome this handicap,

or

2) talk about any strange hang-ups you have.

Go!

rubah
12-17-2006, 05:21 AM
I can't apply eyeliner either. My friend was going to get contacts once; she had all the money saved up to buy them, but when she got to the optlkasfdlaksmdfmtrician, she couldn't bare to let him touch her eyes. She claims she could touch her own easily enough, but he refused to let her put them in herself the first time.

I don't know about my hangups. I hate for things to touch my scars, like between my toes on my right foot or my left pinky, I start thinking about how much they hurt the first time and how much they would hurt if renewed and I have to stop typing this becaues the imaginary pain is about to cloud my mind over completely ;.;

Roto13
12-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Why would you wear eyeliner? :P

Lawr
12-17-2006, 06:30 AM
=p thats what I said to myself.

Meat Puppet
12-17-2006, 07:27 AM
I have far too many to mention, and most of them are too embarrassing for me to talk about here. I’ll just go with a nice and simple one, which is latex gloves. I can’t wear them. Whenever I wear them I start getting this headache as soon as it is wrapped around my fingures then there is the buzz and I just start losing control and wanting to hurt people and DAMMIT. It’s kind of hard to explain, especially because thinking about it too deeply can cripple me. I hate this. I hate it all. But, you know. :yap:

VengefulRonin
12-17-2006, 07:29 AM
I've worn contacts for several years, but i've never been able to put them in like the optometrist told me too. Apparently you're supposed to look put the contact dead-center in your eye, i.e. watch yourself poke yourself in the eye. I've neeeever been able to do that, so i have to stretch down my lower eyelid and put the contact down at the bottom, and then blink to slide it up in place.

Eyedrops i cant stand, i flinch badly every time i put them in.

Renmiri
12-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I used to put my finger in my eyes fr the longest time when I was a kid. Never bothered me. Contacts were a breeze for me.

Then I wore contacts too long once, and got a scratch in my cornea. Ouch!!!! Never could get anything into my eyes ever since, let alone contacts or my fingers.

Maybe you got sommething in your eye once that di the same and the painful memories are keeping you weary of letting anything near your eyes again

Rye
12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
I used to have that exact same problem, Lynx! Contacts help you get over it. I was terrified of the thought of getting contacts and having something near my eye, but after using them for a few days, I was completely over it.

aquatius
12-17-2006, 03:14 PM
I've got contact lenses, they let me practice putting them in and vice versa and didn't do it themselves.

Pike
12-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I hate getting water in my eyes. Hate it. I hold a washcloth over my eyes every time I take a shower.

(Actually I hate water in general, unless I'm drinking it or washing myself with it. XD *never ever swims ever*)

Eye drops and contact lenses don't bother me though.

Giga Guess
12-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Why would you wear eyeliner? :P

Didn't you know he does drag shows under the name Yolanda Plane?

Vincent, Thunder God
12-18-2006, 03:09 AM
I was going to get contacts, but it was too daunting to put them in. My eyes kept closing reflexively, and the it stung too. I'll stick with my glasses.

-N-
12-18-2006, 03:18 AM
Dude I had huge trouble with eyedrops but forced practice made me get used to them. It isn't fun walking around with really red eyes all the time, you know? Necessity is the mother of learning.

Moon Rabbits
12-18-2006, 04:26 AM
Have someone lick your eyeball. It's so ridiculously strange you'll forget you ever didn't like things in your eye! :bigsmile:

Christmas
12-18-2006, 04:26 AM
Have someone lick your eyeball. It's so ridiculously strange you'll forget you ever didn't like things in your eye! :bigsmile:

ccccchhhuuuuu~~~~~ :bigsmile:

Spatvark
12-18-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm terrible putting things near my eyes too; mascara is a total bitch for me to put on. As for my own hangups, I really hate anyone seeing my legs. I've just never been happy with them, so it's incredibly rare for me to wear shorts. I'm pretty much in jeans all year round XD

Necessity is the mother of learning.

Pssh, the saying is "Necessity is the mother of all invention."

It's a very good way of getting things out of someone's eye. Apparently, it was actually quite a common practice in steel mills, and places like that where you get sparks flying about the place. One in your eye? Get someone to lick it out. Nowadays I assume they actually wear goggles, but whatever =P

DarkLadyNyara
12-18-2006, 08:03 AM
I have a problem with things near my eyes.
Ditto. I can't stand eyeliner or mascara for that reason.

As for other strange hang-ups, there are two related ones that come to mind. I cannot sleep wearing long sleeves or pants. I don't care HOW cold it is. I also have a hard time sleeping without a blanket of some sort, no matter how hot it is. Seriously. It can be 90 degrees, and humid and I'll still sleep under a comforter. (and a fan, which drives my grandma up the walls) :confused: Don't ask why, I don't get it either.