PDA

View Full Version : Riku's Blindfold

YTDN
12-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Why was Riku wearing a blindfold during the fight with Roxas? I know when he changes back from Xehanort's Heartless, he still has the blindfold, and Mickey said 'his eyes can't lie' and Riku said he was trying to fool himself, but I don't get it.

Craig
12-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Nobody gets anything in Kingdom Hearts. Its all just cryptic disney rubbish that doesn't really make sense.

But everybody excepts it because its just a game, and a damn fine one at that.

What's that you say? The power of love turned Sora back into a human? Oh, ok.

Lawr
12-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I second Craig's post

Eiko Guy
12-18-2006, 05:10 PM
His eyes couldn't lie so maybe he didn't want to see that he wasn't doomed to darknes IDK

KuRt
12-18-2006, 09:05 PM
My wild guess is that Riku didn't want to accept the fact that his physical form is changing. Propably first only his eyes were turning orange (like Xehanort's heartless) so he just couldn't take it whenever he was taking a look in the mirror.

Clawsze
12-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Maybe he didn't want to see the darkness that was consuming him

CelestialStarDust
01-03-2007, 06:25 PM
he probably just didnt want to accept the fact that the power of darkness was in him.most likely because maybe it was a shock to him that after he said he was going to take the road to dawn at the end of COM,he was actually taking the road to twilight.id be pretty upset too,even if the whole time,it was only metaphorically speaking.

yojimbo_man
01-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Nobody gets anything in Kingdom Hearts. Its all just cryptic disney rubbish that doesn't really make sense.

yea not disney square enix ya neva can get what they mean sometimes

The Mog Ninja
01-20-2007, 11:23 AM
he probly didnt want to see my face

Dynast-Kid
01-20-2007, 03:19 PM
*Waiting for Tavvy to come and explain it all to us*

Tavrobel
01-20-2007, 03:28 PM
He's really Uonuma Usui, user of the Shingan, also known as, Eye of Heart, in diguise.

As for an actual reason, it's probably because he had to cross between darkness and light so frequently. A practical reason would be that in the light, his eyes would not dilate, so if he were to go back into darkness, he would see nothing.

It also emulates the idea of fighting in darkness, and idea which has enticed him throughout the entire KH series. If he does not always depend on his eyes, he becomes faster, more powerful, and more skilled.

Also, he looks way cooler with a blindfold on.

Ouch!
01-20-2007, 06:21 PM
That's probably the best reason.

CelestialStarDust
01-22-2007, 04:33 AM
He's really Uonuma Usui, user of the Shingan, also known as, Eye of Heart, in diguise.

As for an actual reason, it's probably because he had to cross between darkness and light so frequently. A practical reason would be that in the light, his eyes would not dilate, so if he were to go back into darkness, he would see nothing.

It also emulates the idea of fighting in darkness, and idea which has enticed him throughout the entire KH series. If he does not always depend on his eyes, he becomes faster, more powerful, and more skilled.

I have no idea what this Uonuma Usui stuff is.i never really have heard of that....but yes,he looks WAY cooler with the blindfold.

The Mog Ninja
01-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Uonuma Usui??? never heard of that

YTDN
01-26-2007, 08:33 PM
One theory my sister had about this was that he put the blindfold on for the battle with Roxas, because he didn't want to see Sora in Roxas.

Clawsze
01-26-2007, 09:25 PM
One theory my sister had about this was that he put the blindfold on for the battle with Roxas, because he didn't want to see Sora in Roxas.

But then why does he leave it on?

StarlightAngel
01-27-2007, 06:39 AM
That's probably the best reason.

Eiko Guy
01-27-2007, 05:59 PM
he probly didnt want to see my face
If i have to out up with it so should he. Hahahaha

Tavrobel
01-28-2007, 01:35 AM
I have no idea what this Uonuma Usui stuff is.i never really have heard of that....but yes,he looks WAY cooler with the blindfold.

Do your research (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurouni_Kenshin_minor_characters#Uonuma_Usui), honey.

The Mog Ninja
01-31-2007, 11:53 AM
nice one starwind

Christmas
01-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Riku is actually a mutant that can shoot laser beams off his eyes. :(