PDA

View Full Version : Mind Flayer Hunt

Moon Rabbits
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Where in the Henne Mines is the Mind Flayer?

I've checked every area of the Mines to no avail, I even tried zoning each area three times and not found anything.

What do I have to do to get this thing to show up?

LazarCotoron
12-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Dunno. I showed up, waltzed into Dig 1, and he was in there after I carved my way through several Nightmares.

chionos
12-18-2006, 04:37 AM
I think it's the third section you come across. It's right after the junction room-the small one that you can exit from all 4 directions and has the blue/red switch. From that room you can exit south or east to a curving tunnel that loops around, or west to the convoluted tunnel. In the bottom right section of that tunnel is where you'll usually find Mind Flayer. Also you need to have a certain percentage of mp when you enter. I don't remember what it was, maybe full mp, but try entering the dig area from the crossover which exits near the mindflayer spawn point. If it doesn't spawn exit and try empty mp or something. One way or the other it has to do with mp.

farplaner
12-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Whoa! Don't go emptying your MP. Perhaps it has something to do with MP, (I haven't had any trouble finding it, so I didn't notice) but I know it's not empty MP...I definitely would have remembered that.

I mentioned this in another thread, but:

After accepting a hunt try talking to the poster of the bill again, they might give an extra hint. And if you're still having trouble, talk to the guy on the counter behind Montblanc at the clan hall. He'll mention your hunts at random, and give more clues (usually as much info as you need) as to where and/or how they can be found.

Happy hunting!