PDA

View Full Version : The December Usernote Challenge!

Rye
12-18-2006, 12:43 AM
I declare a December Usernote Challenge (DUC~) for EoFF! :jess:

To promote feelings of melly and oooh oooh OOOH YULETIDE PLEASURE(!!!) for the Holiday Season...

I want you all to give a nice sincere usernote to someone you admire or look up to and tell them why you think they're a cool/nice/funny/whatever positive person. For every 5 people you've done that for, post here and you'll get 1 point. Melly Points! Whoever has the most Melly Points by December 25th wins. I'll keep track, I suppose!

However! Just a few rules.

~Rules of the December Usernote Challenge~

* You need to post the names of the 5 different people you've done at a time, so we know that you've actually given real active members usernotes.

* Don't spam up random people to get points in a hurry, like a cheapie-cheap-CHEAPO CHEATER. Give people you truly do admire or look up to your nice usernotes.

* Put some real thought and time into the usernotes. I'm not saying compose an essay, but don't just leave like, two or three brief sentences. If every did that, everyone would do 5 people in 2 minutes. It's supposed to be a nice thoughtful thing we're doing for the holiday season to enjoy hot christmas communication. If your usernote seems very small or not really following the guidelines, I can choose not to count it.

* Please DO NOT act upset or whine if you don't get usernotes from people. BoB reminded me to add this. This contest is supposed to be nice and fun and melly, not sad and whiny. It's pathetic when you do that.

Mmmmkay? Okay, so... go~ :)

The Captain
12-18-2006, 12:47 AM
What a great idea! When I get home tonight, I'll think I'll do this.

Take care all.

Avarice-ness
12-18-2006, 12:57 AM
I tried this for Agent Proto.. I had Frosty the Snowman in my sig that linked to him and like one person did.

I still have him linked, but no one wants to give presents. :(

Bunny
12-18-2006, 12:59 AM
What does the winner win?

Tavrobel
12-18-2006, 01:03 AM
I hope Samuraid likes five free usernotes!

Dixie
12-18-2006, 01:23 AM
This sounds great! ^_^

Leen-Leen
12-18-2006, 01:31 AM
Sounds awesome! I'll try it out.

Vikeve
12-18-2006, 01:40 AM
This idea makes me so Happy! Maybe, I'll give it a go but not to win.:shifty: :)

Tavrobel
12-18-2006, 02:04 AM
*invests time in the ability to investigate positive aspects of people, lie, and look sincere*

Rye
12-18-2006, 11:19 AM
This participation pleases me. :)

Mittopotahis
12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
What a wonderful way to spread some positiveness around.
*Rye needs to be knighted immediately*

Rantz
12-18-2006, 12:02 PM
I want to do this once I get home. :)

Christmas
12-18-2006, 12:03 PM
BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAD BEEN DOING ALL MY TIME HERE!

sephirothishere
12-18-2006, 12:20 PM
yay point for me!!!!

dixie
rye
jowy
nic0tine
christmas....

Rocket Edge
12-18-2006, 04:06 PM
I want to do this once I get home. :)
Same here. Fresh idea Rye. :up:

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't look up to anyone, so I'll just give everyone who's posted above me one. Or three. Depends how well I know you.

EDIT: My God this is taking ages.

Owen Macwere
12-18-2006, 06:58 PM
I have too many, this is gonna take along time to finish. I'll give everyone I know a Chrsitmas usernote when Chrsitmas comes anyway. :)

Rye
12-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Excellent! sephirothishere is in the lead with one melly point. :p

escobert
12-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Do we win a night with Rye!? :p

Tavrobel
12-18-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm not quite sure if that's a prize or a torture.

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2006, 08:02 PM
I have now left Rye, El Capitan le Captain, Avarice-ness, Bunny the Reindeer, Tavvy the Bell, Dixie, innocentshi7, Vikeve, Happy Potato, RAMMSTEIN, CHRIST-HAMS, MacSeph and Traffic Christmas usernotes in story form.

As the task got more boring, the stories got more crap, so you'll find Rye has the best and the rest decrease in melliness as they progress downwards. Sorry. :(

MELLY CHRISTMACE EVERYBOODAY!

Owen Macwere
12-18-2006, 08:05 PM
I have now left Rye, El Capitan le Captain, Avarice-ness, Bunny the Reindeer, Tavvy the Bell, Dixie, innocentshi7, Vikeve, Happy Potato, RAMMSTEIN, CHRIST-HAMS, MacSeph and Traffic Christmas usernotes in story form.

:( ------> :whimper:

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm saving yours for when my writing juices are more pumpy, OWIE!

Vikeve
12-18-2006, 08:28 PM
I waish Amar was still here I would give him one.:)

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Not even a damn thank you. :(

Vikeve
12-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Not even a damn thank you. :(

If you were talking to me than thank you for the usernote. I didn't look at my usernotes until just now, sorry.:)

Rye
12-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Melly Point Tally:

Quinny: 2 points (but he's almost at 3)
sephirothishere: 1 point

Get cracking, people. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
14. Damn. Where's Manus?

EDIT: I just wrote Manus a sexy Christmas limerick. Point me baby. :bigsmile:

Ryth
12-18-2006, 10:42 PM
I am in on this. :D

I already made three for;
Vikeve
Dixie
Xander

sephirothishere
12-18-2006, 11:17 PM
snizz...
quin...
cc...
disco potato...
mullet...

gooeytoast...
hsu...
BoB....
...i took the red pill...
LN....

odaise gaelach...
mirage...
manus...
rantzien...
roto...

yamenenko
...rikkus lover....
mooglebunni608...
owenmacwere....
twistedtinkerbell....

points me please....miss rye^^.....

Vikeve
12-18-2006, 11:25 PM
I gave one to my love, Ryth.:love:

Rantz
12-18-2006, 11:53 PM
I have started, but it's taking me a long time. I have only finished 3 as of yet and now I'm off to bed after showering. There are more to come, though (I hope!).

The ones I've already given to are:
Rye (http://forums.eyesonff.com/usernote.php?u=6473&pp=1&page=1947)
Meat Puppet (http://forums.eyesonff.com/usernote.php?u=9901&pp=1&page=37485)
Odd Eye (http://forums.eyesonff.com/usernote.php?u=21913&pp=1&page=607)

Raistlin
12-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Do we win a night with Rye!? :p

I'm not quite sure if that's a prize or a torture.

It's torture.

Loony BoB
12-19-2006, 01:37 AM
I want you all to give a nice sincere usernote to someone you admire or look up to and tell them why you think they're a cool/nice/funny/whatever positive person

BoB....

hey man...keep it up...say hi to AG...
tell him to get me the number of that sexy award lady...

AGios...

You didn't say a single thing about what you think of me. That doesn't count at all!

I think it should be made a rule that people who beg for usernotes or whine about how they didn't get one from so-and-so (or anyone at all) get their posts deleted and usernotes left for them aren't counted towards points.

Because it's PATHETIC.

Rye
12-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Yeah, sephirothishere, you kind of need to improve/beef up your usernotes, the ones I've check really don't count so far or are very tiny. xD

And I may just do that, BoB. We need to make this a good happy challenge, not a sad whiny one. ;_;

Loony BoB
12-19-2006, 01:40 AM
What's done is done so far, but I think you should make it clear that whining is not cool and should not be done in this thread. And I'll delete them from now on when I see 'em.

Leen-Leen
12-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Ooh, I hope my usernotes count. Do I get a point? I've given one to:

Rye
Owen Macwere
Chocobo_head*
Christmas
Goldenboco
EDIT:
ff7+ff10 gurl 100
al-bhedkid_0827
Jesse1
Vincent, Thunder God
Kuroshima

Rye
12-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Yeah, yours are an excellent example, innocentenshi! If you want an idea of what you should do, check out one of hers. :)

I'm going to have to change the tally because looking into it, most of sephirothishere's usernotes are really not following the guidelines. Sorry to be a stick in the butt about it, but if you edit all the people you gave a usernote to and add more to it and put stuff about the person that you like/admire, then I'll gladly give you your points back. :p

Melly Point Tally:
Quinny: 3 Point
Innocentenshi7: 1 Point
Rye: 1 Point

The rest of the people have almost 5, but not quite. Thanks for the participation so far. :)

EDIT: Also, BoB, I added that rule up in the first post, be to reititerate, any posts complaining about not getting a usernote will be deleted by BoB, but this thread is about GIVING MELLY and all that nice stuff for the holiday season. ;)

Also, my own so far:

Raistlin
Loony BoB
Avarice-ness
DK
I'm My Own MILF

Mittopotahis
12-19-2006, 03:46 AM
The people I have left usernotes for as of me posting this:
Rye.
Quin 'n' Tonic.
Loony BoB.
Samuraid.
Tsukasa.

Evastio
12-19-2006, 03:47 AM
I've sent one to Dixie and Vincent, Thunder God.

Yamaneko
12-19-2006, 04:45 AM
What if you don't admire or look up to anyone here? Can you wish death upon people in usernote format instead?

Christmas
12-19-2006, 04:47 AM
BIG BIRD is not a positive person. :(

Giga Guess
12-19-2006, 05:23 AM
Okay...

Rye
Christmas
Roto13
BoB
Tavrobel

1 Melly Point GET!

Renmiri
12-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Left notes this week for:

Cid - Cause he asked for some and he is the forum owner of this great forum :D
LazarCotoron - A newbie with a good head on his shoulders. And only 3 user notes people, get moving!
Christmas - Cause she gives everyone nice notes :D
Duality - Great FFX theories and great sense of humor
Celes - Most romantic couple

Dell
12-19-2006, 07:51 AM
I've given one to Levian, Christmas, Psychotic, Ki Ki, Meat Puppet and Rye. Most of them are usually the one that posted in my usernote which I admire. I admire most people here, actually.

EDIT - Include Resha, Roto13, LunarWeaver and Zeromus_X.
EDIT2 - Include BoB, Kishi, Owen, boys from the dwarf, Endless. and Twilight Edge.

I actually compliment Timerk for coolest newbie before this thread started, does that count?

Loony BoB
12-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I want you all to give a nice sincere usernote to someone you admire or look up to and tell them why you think they're a cool/nice/funny/whatever positive person.

* Put some real thought and time into the usernotes. I'm not saying compose an essay, but don't just leave like, two or three brief sentences. If every did that, everyone would do 5 people in 2 minutes. It's supposed to be a nice thoughtful thing we're doing for the holiday season to enjoy hot christmas communication. If your usernote seems very small or not really following the guidelines, I can choose not to count it.

Okay...

BoB

1 Melly Point GET!

Just some X-Mas cheer for everyone's favorite kiwi! Take care man, and keep up the good work!
See what I said to sephirothishere. ;)

Quindiana Jones
12-19-2006, 03:51 PM
I'll do more when some competition arises. :bigsmile:

Seriously though, 15 stories really knacked my BRIAN.

Jess
12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I think this is a great idea! :jess:

I've made my first 5:
Valiant
Psychotic
DK
Rye
Her Majesty's Agent Umaro

Second 5:
Owen Macwere
Loony BoB
Miriel
TrowaBartonIV ^_^

Quindiana Jones
12-19-2006, 05:15 PM
God I love Owen....:bigsmile:

Owen Macwere
12-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Those are who I gave usernotes so far:

1. Quin 'N' Tonic
2. Vinnie's mini's
3. Reno is my man
4. Vincent, Thunder God
5. Ice Angel

5 down, 41 to go. :bigsmile:

Edit1: Added more
6. Alive-man
7. Traffic
8. Rantzien
9. Jess

9 down 37 to go. :(

Rye
12-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Ooooh, this participation is wonderful. This means a lot to me, guys! :)

I'll do the tally a bit later this week, since it's becoming pointless to do it every day. xD

Tavrobel
12-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Ooooh, this participation is wonderful. This means a lot to me, guys! :)

I'll do the tally a bit later this week, since it's becoming pointless to do it every day. xD

OMG do I sense an Admin getting onvolved in this sordid little play of Christmas affection!? Yes! It's Samuraid BoB with his sense of direction and pie charts! We should also have a rule that the person posted in needs to have been active within the last month. I don't wanna see a bunch of people giving eternalshiva Usernotes just so they can get a point. That's my job unfair to the honest posters.

EDIT: I'll give out usernotes when I feel like it.

Quindiana Jones
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
MY TALLY:
Rye,
El Capitan le Captain,
Avarice-ness,
Bunny the Reindeer,
Tavvy the Bell,
Dixie,
innocentshi7,
Vikeve,
Happy Potato,
RAMMSTEIN,
CHRIST-HAMS,
MacSeph,
Traffic,
Manus,
Craig,
OWIE!,
Jess,
Loony BoB.

2 to go.

sephirothishere
12-19-2006, 10:31 PM
WHAT THE BoB!!??!?!?!?....YOU ARE AG...I KNOW NOBODY KNOWS...BUT ITS TRUE..HE IS......SOOO.....that should mean i get all my points for the other ntoes as they are all cool....im not sentimental...thatd be like bannin soem guy with no disablility from the special olympics....oh...snap...they do that already....who cares...its still wrong dammit...

Shauna
12-19-2006, 11:15 PM
xD I didn't notice this until now! Oh well. If I weren't so lazy, I'd do something like this. xD

Giga Guess
12-20-2006, 12:52 AM
I want you all to give a nice sincere usernote to someone you admire or look up to and tell them why you think they're a cool/nice/funny/whatever positive person.

Okay...

BoB

1 Melly Point GET!

Just some X-Mas cheer for everyone's favorite kiwi! Take care man, and keep up the good work!
See what I said to sephirothishere. ;)

Fix'd'ed

Dell
12-20-2006, 07:59 AM
One to ValkyrieWing, RiseToFall, Breine and Renmiri.

Rantz
12-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm going to my parents today for christmas, so I can't help spreading the joy anymore :( However, I made this little shiny Melly point graphic for showing off your precious points in your sig or whatever :)

http://pontushorn.com/images/graphic_design/mellypoint.gif

Rye
12-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh wow, that's fantastic! It's sooooo cute, I'll definitely use it. Thank you so much! :)

Melly Points~ http://pontushorn.com/images/graphic_design/mellypoint.gif

Rantz
12-20-2006, 12:18 PM
You're welcome :jess:

Quindiana Jones
12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I have huge respect for every EoFF member, and if I had the time, I would leave you all usernotes. I can't think of a better bunch of people to talk with.

Rye - I don't really know Rye, for one. I do know she has a great singing voice, and I also know that she has the nicest personality of anyone I've ever met. Merry Christmas, Rye.

El Capitan le Captain - I think I'd be right in saying I've only ever read 5 or 6 of The Captain's posts, but with every single letter my respect has grown for him. A fantastic guy, who sees the logic in every situation possible. Merry Christmas, The Captain.

Avarice-ness - Avarice-ness makes me chuckle. A constantly nice person, and always makes me smile. Merry Christmas, Avarice-ness.

Bunny the Reindeer - Bunny. Another chucklicious member. Once again, will always bring a smile to my face. Merry Christmas, Bunny.

Tavvy the Bell - To be honest, I know nothing of Tavrobel. I'm kinda guessing that he doesn't like George Bush, so his respect points go through the roof on me. Merry Christmas, Tavrobel.

Dixie - Dixie has an awesome sig. I can safely assume that he's a funny guy, and I love funny people. Merry Christmas, Dixie.

innocentshi7 - innocentshi7. <3. A fantastic addition to the Nice Member list. Merry Christmas, innocentshi7.

Vikeve - Vikeve is always happy, and that's what I love about her. Ain't nothing gonna get this girl down. Merry Christmas, Vikeve.

Happy Potato - Mittopotahis. How someone could make that up is a mystery. Seriously, how did you come up with A Dyslexic Hippo? Just....wow. Merry Christmas, Mittopotahis.

RAMMSTEIN - :heart: Thank God for FFIX Riddles. Rantzien is easily one of the greatest people I have ever met. I honestly can't put this guy into any other words. Merry Christmas, Rantzien.

CHRIST-HAMS - Great artist. But I guess you all know that. I love all of Christmas' posts, and I can't help but laugh at her first page of usernotes. "Thanks guys, I really appreciate it." She was so nice. :bigsmile:. LOVE! Merry Christmas, Christmas.

MacSeph - sephirothishere came across as a right arrogant prick. No really, he annoyed me intensely. But as I got to know him better I realised that he really is a pretty cool dude actually, much as I hate to admit it. ;) Merry Christmas, sephirothishere.

Traffic - Rocket Edge was so much better but whatever. Traffic makes me laugh, and has a fantastic personality. One of the best. Merry Christmas, Traffic.

Manus - Ugh.....riiight. Old Manus......urrrrhhhh....is funny? Seriously though, this guy sounds great. He's got a quicker wit even than me, and that's what I love don't dislike about him. Merry Christmas, Old Manus.

Craig - My first usernote! Man it sucks. But I still love Craig, and his witty humour. Merry Christmas, Craig.

OWIE! - There are no words for this. Merry Christmas, Owen Macwere.

Jess - Hm. Totally blank here. From what I've read, Jess sounds like she'd be great fun to hang around with! :jess: And from what I've seen of her....just.....wow. ;). Merry Christmas, Jess.

Loony BoB - Genius. Pure genius. Really funny, and also a really nice guy if you need a hand. Merry Christmas, Loony BoB.

Huxley Vannevar Hobbes - This guy makes love to my eyes everytime I read his posts. Spamliciousness mixed with incredible intelligence makes this guy GOLD! Merry Christmas, I'm my own MILF.

Queen Celes - Celes randomly appeared in my usernotes and left me a rawking one. This made me feel real happy for some reason, probably because compliments are always good. Instant happiness is great, and she managed it in 4 words. What a gal. Merry Christmas, Celes.

Technically, you could remove most of my points as I don't really know many of these people, but to be honest: I really don't care. You're all fantastic people, and I don't dislike a single one of you. Merry Christmas all.

Mittopotahis
12-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Mittopotahis. How someone could make that up is a mystery. Seriously, how did you come up with A Dyslexic Hippo? Just....wow. Merry Christmas, Mittopotahis.
I think I just stumbled over my words once, is all xD.

Rantz
12-20-2006, 03:32 PM
RAMMSTEIN - :heart: Thank God for FFIX Riddles. Rantzien is easily one of the greatest people I have ever met. I honestly can't put this guy into any other words. Merry Christmas, Rantzien.
Aww, thanks. :jess: I'm flattered! Merry Christmas to you as well :-*

Owen Macwere
12-20-2006, 04:25 PM
OWIE! - There are no words for this. Merry Christmas, Owen Macwere.

Thanks, mate. :) Merry christmas to you too, and to all eoff members as well. it was a cool happy year. :jess:

SammieBabe
12-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Rye-Rye!
I left one for you, Roto, and The Captain...;)

Tavrobel
12-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Tavvy the Bell - To be honest, I know nothing of Tavrobel. I'm kinda guessing that he doesn't like George Bush, so his respect points go through the roof on me. Merry Christmas, Tavrobel.

:D

You know more than you might think.

Khaotic
12-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Interesting.

KH-Cloudy
12-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Oooh! I'll do these tomorrow morning seeing I need to goto bed almost.

Peegee
12-21-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm doing Rye's note now.

I plan to do Amanda and Ashley's next, but I'm not sure who else to do, because I don't know who else is active!

Vincent, Thunder God
12-22-2006, 12:45 AM
I've given the following five members December usernotes:

-FallenAngel411
-Evastio
-Goldenboco
-Griff
-Ryth

When I complete my next five, I'll post again.

EDIT: I've completed another five, but nobody else has posted yet, so I'll just add these:

-Iceglow
-innocenteshi7
-LunarWeaver
-Odaisé Gaelach
-Shiny

Rye
12-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Awesome participation! I'm going to probably end this on the 26th, because I'll be too busy to really work on this on Christmas tomorrow. So you still have some last minute usernotes to work in, guys. :)

Tavrobel
12-28-2006, 02:24 AM
LOL, good game, peoples?