PDA

View Full Version : I have a couple of questions about...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-18-2006, 01:43 AM
I have a couple of questions about the Wii do you need a Wii memory card to save your game?...Also do you need a GCN memory card to save your game when you're playing a Gamecube title on the Wii?

If someone could answer my questions I'd appreciate it. Since I can't buy the Wii right now I'm going to buy some peripherals instead.

Shoeberto
12-18-2006, 02:20 AM
The Wii has internal flash memory, so no, you don't need any other storage for it, though you CAN buy SD storage cards (which are also used in things like cameras and MP3 players) to expand your Wii storage capacity (you might be able to save directly on to them, but I'm not sure.) There are no actual special memory cards for the Wii, though, other than SD, which is already an established storage format.

As far as I know, though, Gamecube memory cards are needed for gamecube games. You can't just store GC games in the internal Wii memory.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-18-2006, 02:24 AM
Okay thanks Hsu!:)

JKTrix
12-18-2006, 12:44 PM
I haven't actually tried to play GC games on my Wii yet (I can't find my fricken memory cards), but I think you can save them straight to the Wii. I'll have to try it when I get home.

Currently you can't save directly to the SD card, which is weird. You have to manually copy the save fil from the Wii's memory onto the SD. And then you can only have one version of the save. It doesn't overwrite automatically, so if you want to save a game on the SD that's already on there, you have to manually delete the save on the SD then copy it over.
Not the smoothest way to do things. Hopefully they can sort it out in the future.