PDA

View Full Version : RPG Fan Project: Dimensions

Laddy
12-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Ok, this is a oroject for the third Chrono game, Chrono Whisper. Chrono Whisper will have a move-based real time battle system with a 'hit the right spot' mechanic. I plan to have 8 characters, and the characters will be lement based. Time travel is not that big of a deal, this time, you travel dimensions.

Real Dimension-The real world, where all we know applies.

Another Dimension-Fantasy Dimension where the only places where the unique creatures live is on the water in cities, in airborne cities, and underwater cities. There is a unique race for each enviroment.

Spiritual Dimension- Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory lies here. This is where dead beings go...

Lost Dimension-A suffering and dark dimension filled with agitated creatures and eternal suffering and darkness.

The dimensions are in this order, representing the leading factors, Physical, Mental, Spiritual, and Emotional. Those are the dominating forces of that dimension.

The elements:

Fire-Ice
Water-Thunder
Wind-Earth
Life-Death
Darkness-Light

I will assume main writer and driector, there are many jobs, go wisely...

-Voice Actors
-Battle System Directors
-Area and Dungeon Design
-Character Design
-Programmers
-Artists
-Music and Sound Design
-Theme Song Performers and Writers
-Story Editor
-Production Supervisor (You see if everyone is working well.)
-Testers
-Graphical Design

Here's notes to various jobs...

Voice Actors- Make your voice CLEAR post it here. Me, the character designer, and the music and sound designer will debate.

Battle System Directors-The battle system goes like this: You assume a character, usually you can swap, you will choose an ability from a list, you can puase by command. There's offensive, with damage and type, like a roundhouse. Defensive, with ability to be defended. Also, magic, must follow element!

Character Design- With character, you must have name, age, gender, dimension, element, weapon, and a decent picture drawn by you or someone else.

Music and Sound-Don't bother making your own, just be fitting.

Theme Songers- It's soft rock, so be powerful and moving, it can be love if you want, it dosen't matter.

I can't write yet, I need some help before I can start, but I'll be waiting, post job requests here, don't PM me!

Bunny
12-18-2006, 01:53 AM
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

I can't help with anything related to this, but, uh, good luck with it, I guess.

Laddy
12-18-2006, 01:55 AM
I know it was canceled, that's why I'm working! Thanks, though, if you want a job, just post it!

RiseToFall
12-18-2006, 02:07 AM
If your actually serious about doing this I would stop. Square will issue you a Cease and Desist letter as soon as things get off the ground. You don't have to listen to me, but that's exactly what's going to happen.

Laddy
12-18-2006, 04:12 AM
Ah, see what you mean, gah! Okay, then.

Roto13
12-18-2006, 07:08 PM
You could make your own game. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to tie it to Chrono Trigger/Cross anyway.

Slicksword45
12-18-2006, 08:09 PM
The reason they had to stop was because they were planning to make people pay for it.

As long as it is for free, it dosen't matter. You wont get a Cease and Desist letter.

Laddy
12-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Well,it's free, then I think I could have the name changed to, Dimensions!

Laddy
12-21-2006, 07:53 AM
The thread is renamed and open for work!