PDA

View Full Version : J-Pop Suggestions

Clouded Sky
12-18-2006, 04:40 AM
Alright, I'm hoping you guys can help me out here. I've got some Japanese music, but most of it is Utada. I'd like more, so I'm hoping you guys could give me suggestions. I really like stuff like this: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/view/82943

In addition, to give this more of a topic,
"Do You Like Japanese Music? What Kind? Who? and Why?"

Mirage
12-18-2006, 04:48 AM
My j-pop suggestion is not to get more of it, you could get infected. That happened to me.

Rusty
12-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Faye Wong is a beautiful singer, other than her and Utada, I don't listen to any other J-pop. I do like Japanese music, some of it is really great. I don't have much of it though and I don't listen to it that much, though.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-18-2006, 08:02 AM
I used to listen to it a lot, not so much anymore. I really like Ayumi Hamasaki and Do As Infinity too. BoA Kwon has some J-pop and K-pop as well.

Shiny
12-18-2006, 11:13 PM
I suggest you give Namie Amuro a try. She's more J-Hip Hop these days, but there are some noteworthy pop songs she's sung.

The only Japanese music I really like is mostly Jrock; such as your Dir en grey and Mad Capsule Markets. Utada is cool too though. ;)

Rye
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
I suggest you give Namie Amuro a try. She's more J-Hip Hop these days, but there are some noteworthy pop songs she's sung.

Shiny knows it! Namie Amuro is great.

I would suggest Namie Amuro, BoA, Ai Ootsuka, Ayumi Hamasaki, Do As Infinity... and thar's all I can think of. ;_;

Moon Rabbits
12-18-2006, 11:45 PM

Shiny knows it! Namie Amuro is great.

I would suggest Namie Amuro, <s>BoA</s>, Ai Otsuka:love: , <s>Ayumi Hamasaki</s>, Do As Infinity... and thar's all I can think of. ;_;

There, I fixed it :bigsmile:

Onitsuka Chihiro is one of the single greatest pop singers in the history of ever, so you should get some of her stuff (even if it is hard to find). I suggest Rasen or Infected preformed by her.

Tamaki Nami is also good, but somewhat hard to find.

Mika Nakashima has good piano pieces (Missing, specifically).

Anything by Ai Otsuka is generally happy and upbeat, so that's a good choice. I recommend Sakuranbo or Momo no Hanabira by her.

Puffy AmiYumi are also good pop-rock stuff. Try out Planet Tokyo, it pretty much rocks.

~:jess:

Mitch
12-19-2006, 03:16 AM
The Seatbelts

Clouded Sky
12-19-2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks you guys!

Khaotic
12-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Gackt.

someone had to say it..