PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Weapon Battle Tips?

Eyes on Ashley <3
12-18-2006, 03:26 PM
I've played Final Fantasy VIII several times
And eachtime, I've merely avoided fighting Ultima Weapon
In the Deep Sea Research Center.
I normally fight Bahamut and then leave
But this time, I wanted to get Eden since my sister
(who's played the game) says he helps with Ultimecia.
So, I've tried fighting him, but I can't seem to beat him.
By any chance does anyone have any tips or battle stratagies I could use?
I've gone by the strategy guide's tips and such
But they don't wok for me.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Meltdown, Aura (on Squall), By pressing circle you can execute Renzokuken Limit Break more easily. You might want to level up a bit first and acquire a stronger weapon. And have Alexander's Revive ability at hand

Ultima Shadow
12-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Elemental Def: Quake

If you have that for all your 3 characters, you usually don't even need to bother healing your party. Just whack away and revive whenever someone gets Light Pillar'ed.

Spatvark
12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
One Lionheart is all it takes to kill Ultima Weapon.

Otherwise, my party of choice is Squall, Zell and Quistis:

Equip Quake to Elem-Def-J to absorb Ultima Weapon's Quake.
Get everyone's VIT above 200, or Light Pillar will be an instant kill, hitting for 9,999.
Try to make sure you have the Revive and Recover commands equipped; whilst only ONE person (Squall or Zell) has the Draw command, the others using items.
Cast Aura on Quistis and have her cast Mighty Guard.
Draw Eden from Ultima.
Cast Meltdown on it.
Have Squall and Zell attack normally, whilst Quistis hangs back to cast status spells and keeps her own health at maximum.
Don't heal Squall and Zell, instead letting them hit natural crisis level, so you can Renzokuken and Armageddon Fist (Punch Rush + Booya combo) away on Ultima Weapon.
You can ignore when UW casts Meteor, since Mighty Guard's regen factor will keep Squall and Zell alive throughout.
You can mug Ultima Weapon for a Three Stars, but if you don't, you can win 100 Ultima Stones, useful for rounding out your supply of Ultima magics.

That should pretty much be everything =D?

Xurts
12-27-2006, 11:26 PM
I always cast Doomtrain and Cerberus at the very start of the battle. Make sure to have either a very high or maxed affinity with them or they will probably die. Triple cast Aura, Haste, and Regen on everyone. Then just beat on him with your Limits. If anyone gets killed make sure to cast Full-Life immediately. What really helps is if you have Rinoa in your party and she uses Invincible Moon.

Comet
12-28-2006, 01:09 AM
na best thing to do is enter the battle with squalls HP on yellow. then someone casts meltdown on ultima weapon and the other person draw eden and squall uses renzokuken and luckily uses lionheart. if he doesnt then die and load game. but seriously the battle will take like 2 minutes.

10-Breaker
12-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Well I had 99 Ultima junctioned 4 everyone and then i just sliced and whacked and (oops its dead... thehee :D)

Xurts
12-28-2006, 08:57 PM
BTW, Eden is extremely useful because of its stat Junctions, Expend 3x-1, and GFAbl Med-RF. I actually used Eden once in battle, and that was to see its animation and to see it deal over 9999 damage. Squall's Renzokuken + Lionheart deals more damage much faster.

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2006, 11:22 PM
My best Ultima Weapon Battle went like this:
1. Draw-->Eden
2. Aura-->Irvine
3. Fast Ammo

and there was another that went like this:

1. Draw-->Eden
2. Aura-->Squall
3. Lionheart

BAM! Dead.

I had Irvine/Squall's strength maxed out to 255 and lots of ammo for Irvine. If you use Shot be sure you're thumb is good for some serious button mashing for fast ammo.

I can't remember how I set my junction, but most of the other battles went like this:
1. Draw Eden
2. Summon Cerberus (cross your fingers, Ultima kills off GFs quickly)
3. Triple Haste, Aura, Protect/Shell
4. Go Crazy with the limits
(Invincible Moon is what I depended on my first time fighting Ultima weapon)

Goldenboko
12-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Assuming your like most of the people who don't play optional bosses for the challenge and just want the braging rights. Get Lionheart, use Renzokuken over and over until he uses Lion Heart and you'll instantly win.

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2006, 05:47 AM
I myself never really fought optional bosses unless there was something valuable in it for me. Like...Eden, or 100 Ultima stones :bigsmile:

Hambone
12-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I drew Eden as fast as possible with Quisty and also used her to heal. I had Zell use meltdown and aura, and had Squall use Renzokuken with Lionheart. He's a tough foe, so have everybody with relatively high strength and defense and arund 9999 h.p. Heal a lot, and use limit breaks.

Reddragon
01-02-2007, 03:14 AM
My turn:

In order to have fully drawn ultimas + Eden...My 3 party members (Most likely are Squall Rinoa Zell) keep on drawing until no more spaces, while keeping one at high HP (umm...its not neccessary to be 9999hp unless im fighting Omega Weapon[omg weapon:p])
If one of the member died, no panic, cast full-life (can be drawn from Tonberry King or Bahamut...) You may use life to do resurrection but i recommend you cure him/her immediately.
Oh yeah junction 100 quakes on everyone so the ultima weapon will heal you up eventually.

After the drawings I just simply meltdown and attack......I never use aura on that battle, remember to keep one at high hp is fine.

Samickas
01-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Meltdown, Aura (on Squall), By pressing circle you can execute Renzokuken Limit Break more easily. You might want to level up a bit first and acquire a stronger weapon. And have Alexander's Revive ability at hand
Use Lion heart and he is dead Quick as a blink of an eye!!!!!!!!!

Xurts
01-31-2007, 12:57 AM
My turn:

In order to have fully drawn ultimas + Eden...My 3 party members (Most likely are Squall Rinoa Zell) keep on drawing until no more spaces, while keeping one at high HP (umm...its not neccessary to be 9999hp unless im fighting Omega Weapon[omg weapon:p])
If one of the member died, no panic, cast full-life (can be drawn from Tonberry King or Bahamut...) You may use life to do resurrection but i recommend you cure him/her immediately.
Oh yeah junction 100 quakes on everyone so the ultima weapon will heal you up eventually.

After the drawings I just simply meltdown and attack......I never use aura on that battle, remember to keep one at high hp is fine.
I got my Ultima from refining Dark Matter. It's so much easier.

10-Breaker
02-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Wasn't there something where you needed DM or am I in diff game now? :D

Mirage
02-03-2007, 01:35 PM
But this time, I wanted to get Eden since my sister
(who's played the game) says he helps with Ultimecia.
You sure about that? It can't be in terms of attack power in that case.

Ultimecia has a tendency to instant-kill any GF you try to summon. I'd say most characters can deal more damage than Eden with their limit breaks. Lionheart is far superior, same with Zell's Duel. If You've gotten Shockwave Pulsar for Quistis, then she can do close to Eden's damage in one round as well. Irvine's Shot has few problems outdamaging Eden aswell, and Rinoa has some dog multihit attack which I don't remember the name of.

jammi567
02-03-2007, 03:05 PM
shooting star.

and year, once you're hitting for 9,999 damage every round, then GF's are useless.

rubah
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Dark matter from refining 100 curse spikes? I'd rather run around ICTHs drawing xD Just getting one dark matter for shockwave pulsar was bad enough

Xurts
02-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Dark matter from refining 100 curse spikes? I'd rather run around ICTHs drawing xD Just getting one dark matter for shockwave pulsar was bad enough
It doesn't take nearly as long as you think when you run around the DSRC killing Tri-Faces for 8 Curse Spikes per kill.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-03-2007, 06:27 PM
They don't give you 8 each time, I'm sure of that

Mirage
02-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I got quite a few, but not 8 per fight.

Xurts
02-04-2007, 01:12 AM
It was either that or 6.

Frostwake
02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Yay for the random bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: someone always seems to say... Drawing ultimas from Ultima weapons is MUUUUCH faster... if you have high spirit and manage 8-9 ultimas per draw, thats 27 draws per turn... can you kill 5 tri faces in 3 seconds? I bet you cant :P

The thing about ultima is he tends to use double light pillar alot.. and thats BAD.. not even Omega does it.. just when you revive someone he uses lightpillar again, and you can just hope he stops it.. but as others said, limits (as with every boss battle) are the way for an easy win

Oh and by the way

"Get everyone's VIT above 200, or Light Pillar will be an instant kill, hitting for 9,999."

Vit is irrelevant, light pillar is instant kill attack and ignores vitality (been there done that, 255 or close vit, still instant kill)

Mirage
02-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Dark Matter can still be used for Shockwave Pulsar, so it's still good for something :p