PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

dK_lionheart
12-18-2006, 06:39 PM
I have been playing FF8 for ages now and would like to know if any one else has done all the secrets, max weps, etc. I am slowly moving up the games lol i have completely completed all the games up to FF8 and now workin my way past 9 but i ain't very far :/ hey i still goin!
I would call my self a true ff fan however would you call me that?

Vivisteiner
12-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Probly. If you like it a lot. Not that it matters.

Ive only played 7, 8, 9, 10. I still call myself an FF fan.
I will eventually, hopefully play the earlier ones someday.

For FF8 I did most of the sidequests, but I never killed Omega.

jammi567
12-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I have been playing FF8 for ages now and would like to know if any one else has done all the secrets, max weps, etc. I am slowly moving up the games lol i have completely completed all the games up to FF8 and now workin my way past 9 but i ain't very far :/ hey i still goin!
I would call my self a true ff fan however would you call me that?
i'm not one of them, but i know plenty of people around the world who have

boys from the dwarf
12-18-2006, 08:00 PM
if you've played 1-8 and your going for 9. of course your an FF fan. being an FF fan isn't all about how many you played. its sort of quality over quantity, as in, even if you've only played 3 or 4 it doesn't mean your not good at FF and wont try and get the rest.

if played and comepleted all of the FFs apart from, 3 (which i dont own.) and FFT because im in the UK.

and even though i've done all of that, it doesn't neccasarily mean that im a bigger FF fan than some of the other people who haven't played as much.

Levian
12-18-2006, 08:30 PM
I haven't killed Omega, and there's some rare cards I haven't gotten. Pretty much everything else I've done. Well, except silly pocketstation. :mog:

Eyes on Ashley <3
12-18-2006, 08:31 PM
You're certainly more of an FF fan than I am. lol.
I've played 8 through 10-2 and a little bit of 12
In ff8 I haven't even come close to finishing EVERYTHING.
I've gone through the whole game though. Just didn't do EVERYTHING.
I'm still working on it. And I have no intentions of fighting Omega Weapon. lol

farplaner
12-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I've done pretty much everything there is to do with VII - X-2, (excluding that rip off XI) and I'm working on XII. I bought Anthology for PS1 a while back (contains FFV and FFVI) but I've not yet beaten them.

It's not that I'm really a rabid fan, I just like to take each game to its max...even though it's never necessary to beat the game. So yeah, I'm a fan, but I don't have posters all over my walls, or display cases full of "figurines," or clothing/accesories, and I almost never masturb--
uh, I almost never think too much about FF games. :tongue:

BG-57
12-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I've remodeled to get the ultimate weapons, killed Omega, and gotten at least one of each Triple Triad card. My party is at level 99.

What I started but never finished is stat maxing. I've substantially boosted speed, but I haven't used Devour enough to boost the other stats.

Wolf Kanno
12-19-2006, 08:03 AM
I think it's all about passion for a game. Now I give a ration of :skull::skull::skull::skull: to a few people here about their choice in games (I just can't fathom people liking FFX without a frontal lobotamy) but at the end of the day I still fell they are FF fans. It's just about how much passion you have for it, and by "passion" I don't mean owning every wall scroll and telling me what Yoshinare Kitase was eating the day he did this scene...
It's all about the love...:love:

Christmas
12-19-2006, 12:56 PM
THIS IS THE TRUE FF VIII FAN! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=12146)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Yes. I would absolutely call you a true ff fan

farplaner
12-20-2006, 10:53 AM
I've remodeled to get the ultimate weapons, killed Omega, and gotten at least one of each Triple Triad card. My party is at level 99.

What I started but never finished is stat maxing. I've substantially boosted speed, but I haven't used Devour enough to boost the other stats.

Maybe you already know this, but you could just card all of the monsters, keeping your level low until you get Cactuar's bonuses, then level everyone up at the two islands. I would think it to be a lot quicker than devouring. Maybe not? I've never tried it.

TyphoonThaReapa
12-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I've defeated everything in FF8. But, I never played with the pocket station because it never reached the U.S.

BG-57
12-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Maybe you already know this, but you could just card all of the monsters, keeping your level low until you get Cactuar's bonuses, then level everyone up at the two islands. I would think it to be a lot quicker than devouring. Maybe not? I've never tried it.

I know about it, but I never did it. Devour apparently works better if you whittle down the enemy HP without killing it. So Demi several times over should soften them up nicely.

Thanks all the same for the suggestion. :)