PDA

View Full Version : My bathroom wreaks of doom

Avarice-ness
12-18-2006, 08:13 PM
I just got through cleaning my bathroom with that Comet stuff, powered bleach, whatnot. And now every time I go into my bathroom all I can smell is the horrid smell of cleaner.

This is one reason I -hate- to clean my bathroom.

There was that one thread about keeping the place crazy clean, but this ones about..

How long does it take for the dirty-ness to annoy you enough to clean it?

For me it's about.... alot of weeks. :greenie:

Tavrobel
12-18-2006, 08:29 PM
I'll go berserk if I accidentally get crumbs on the floor.

I won't ever bust out the vacuum, for some reason.

oddler
12-18-2006, 08:31 PM
For me it's about.... alot of weeks. :greenie:

LunarWeaver
12-18-2006, 08:32 PM
I think The Bathroom deserves its own forum.

For me, I'm a messy piece of skullskull, and I probably could just go forever without caring. It usually takes someone forcing me through annoying nagging before I clean anything.

Zeldy
12-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Im not so bothered about having a messy house, a bit of clutter doesn't hurt. My Dad on the other hand is obsessed with keeping everywhere clean. He forces me to clean my room every week and keeps our house looking like a bloody show house.

Avarice-ness
12-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah see, My sisters coming here tomorrow and I have two little neices, well.. like 8 years old and 2 years old so I'm cleaning up for them. :D

Spatvark
12-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Cleaning the inside of the shower door is the worst job ever. The stuff I use is so abhorrent, I wear shirt-ninja mask to try and stop myself from inhaling it ;_;

Roto13
12-18-2006, 09:14 PM
I clean my room once a year.

yumi
12-18-2006, 09:15 PM
My flatmate has borderline OCD so I just let her handle all the cleaning.

:kaoyatta:

Rye
12-18-2006, 09:22 PM
In my room, I'll clean every 3 or 4 weeks. I'm not that messy of a person, my room is very nice by most standards, but my parents are OCD with everything being in perfect order, so much so that it's almost not practically. For example, my Mom wanted me to get a bookcase... in my closet! It's so useless, how would ever know what books I have? xD

Cz
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm not a very clean person. Parts my room are covered by a layer of two months' accumulated dust. On the other hand, my shelves and cupboards are very well-organised, so I keep the stuff that matters to me nice and tidy.

Xander
12-18-2006, 09:40 PM
I've never cleaned a bathroom. I hope to keep that up.

Leen-Leen
12-19-2006, 02:26 AM
I clean my bathroom about every three or two weeks or so xD Not nescessarily because I want to, but because my mom makes me. :( I sort of like it clean anyways, though.

LoveArya
12-19-2006, 02:33 AM
I clean a whole lot....well, my stuff only, cuz theres nothing i hate more than cleaning up other ppls junk:D

Dr Unne
12-19-2006, 02:37 AM
Wreak is what you do to havoc. I think you wanted reek.

I cleaned my bathroom the other day. The fumes from the bleach were making me light-headed. I opened the window and it got better. This is clearly the most interesting post I ever made.

Yuffie514
12-19-2006, 04:29 AM
the bathroom is clean enough, so it would have to go uncleaned for several weeks. although my mom would go crazy about it in a week.

Mum
12-19-2006, 04:38 AM
Just buy a nice smelling cleaner, then its a pleasure! We've got a lovely orange smelling cleaner and also a vanilla one and lavender one - Mmm.

Its a mission to keep my bathroom clean as its the entry/exit point (through the window) for my cats, and they haven't got this wiping their paws thing down pat yet! Grr.

Christmas
12-19-2006, 05:13 AM
There was once NANNY MANUS used my bathroom and I have to burn the whole room down. :(

Behold the Void
12-19-2006, 06:15 AM
I don't know how long it'd take me to start cleaning my bathroom were I the one to do it, but I imagine it'd begin to develop its own sentient lifeforms long before I got around to it.

Cipher
12-19-2006, 06:26 AM
With the exception of the bathroom and kitchen, I clean on a seasonal basis. Once per season, I break out the suds and go on an OCD cleaning spree. Walls get washed, windows get cleaned, floors get scrubbed by hand, the Pledge cleaner gets used. Some say I get a psychotic gleam in my eye when this happens, so people generally stay OUT of my way when it happens.

All other times...messes really don't affect me. =/

Renmiri
12-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Around once every 2-3 days but I have a little boy in need of target practice ;) Add his dad and his 2 sisters who need to learn to leave the shower AFTER getting dry and my dogs who get a bath every 2 weeks and shake the water on their fur up the wazoo... We have pretty clean bathrooms, but not because I like to clean that much, just because I have to :(

PS: Watch out for bleach: Mixing it with some other cleaning products creates a combination that emits deadly fumes. Seriously. never mix bleach with other cleaners.

Little Blue
12-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Now that I'm not living at home, I usually try clean my bathroom once a week, but in practice, whenever I think inspections by the people I rent off are about to take place, so once every couple of months. Kitchens however I must insist on being cleaned after each and every use. I really want to strangle my flatmates because they don't seem to like clean kitchens... but that's another topic entirely ;)

escobert
12-19-2006, 01:59 PM
about a-lot of weeks :D

LoveArya
12-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Around once every 2-3 days but I have a little boy in need of target practice ;) Add his dad and his 2 sisters who need to learn to leave the shower AFTER getting dry and my dogs who get a bath every 2 weeks and shake the water on their fur up the wazoo... We have pretty clean bathrooms, but not because I like to clean that much, just because I have to :(

PS: Watch out for bleach: Mixing it with some other cleaning products creates a combination that emits deadly fumes. Seriously. never mix bleach with other cleaners.
yup! i accidentally found that out when cleaning my tub when my mom was sick and I stayed home caring for her. I went around the house closing dorrs then I ran to the bathroom and opened up the windows and had to wait a few minutes after putting the shower in the rinse the stuff down the drain:(