PDA

View Full Version : Crystals, crystals everywhere!

Goldenboko
12-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Which final fantasy do you think uses the crystals the best, or the most cleverly? I personally like the use of the crystals in FFVI, where they are known as Magicite, and FFIX where they are all shards which make one big Crystal.

What are your favorites? Discuss.

LunarWeaver
12-18-2006, 10:15 PM
I cared about FFV's the most because they gave me spiffy new outfits to try on.

Bahamut2000X
12-18-2006, 10:18 PM
FFIV and IX had nifty stories behind them all. I also liked the graphics they used for IV's. Though the crystal on the Lunar Whale always confused me. :confused:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I like FFII's Crystals, because no one ever pays any attention to them.

The Crystal
12-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Talking about crystals, i heard that in the new trailer of FFXIII, is revealed that the Crystals tell Lightning to destroy the world. I don't know if this is true, but is very cool.

And my favorite is in FFIX. The most powerful crystal ever created in a FF game.

Goldenboko
12-19-2006, 04:00 AM
Talking about crystals, i heard that in the new trailer of FFXIII, is revealed that the Crystals tell Lightning

Thanks for the unspoilered spoiler :(

Zeromus_X
12-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Can't Materia count as Crystals? :( If those annoying stat-orbs in the Mysidian Tower and Magicite can count, then...

Anyway, I like IV's, just because there are an obnoxious amount of them.

boys from the dwarf
12-19-2006, 08:01 AM
FF4s crystals are good but its a bit wierd.

there are the four crystals.
the four dark crystals.
the crystal on the lunar whale.
those crystals in FusoYas crystal palace (or are they the same as the 8 crystals of dark and light.)
and also the one golbez gives to cecil in the final boss fight. where'd that one come from or was it one of the ones mentioned before.

overall, its pretty confusing.

the crystals in FFV seem less important when you get to world 3. but in world 1 and 2 there good.

FF1s just plain and simple.

FF9s is probably the coolest crystal and probably my favourite.

Mirage
12-19-2006, 08:07 AM
I liked FF5's crystals. :)

Little Blue
12-19-2006, 12:19 PM
I must've been quite blind to the crystal in IX as I never really thought it played a big part of the story other than at the very end with Necron's ramblings.

I think III had good use of crystals, but I can't really say which FF had the best crystals...

Wild0ne
12-19-2006, 01:01 PM
FFIV I think uses the crystals the best. The story actually gives meaning to the crystals, and there are 8 of them (well more counting the one on the Lunar Whale). And the crystals have their own crystal room at each castle...thats neat.

What I don't get is that the underground is supposed to have 4 crystals right? Well you find 2, one at the castle and one at the sealed cave. Where were the other 2 held before Golbez got them??

Zeromus_X
12-19-2006, 01:04 PM
FFIV has sixteen Crystals. :) Don't forget the moon's crystals.

boys from the dwarf
12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
in FF4. the crystals are probably more important to the story than they are in any other FF. arguably even more than FF1 but seems as FF1 is quite simple its hard to say.

i think FF4 wins for being the most about the crystals

The Crystal
12-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Talking about crystals, i heard that in the new trailer of FFXIII, is revealed that the Crystals tell Lightning

Thanks for the unspoilered spoiler :(

Already fixed. Sorry.

And i heard from a guy that said that he readed the FFIX UOG, that each planet in FFIX universe, have a crystal in its core, and that Terra's crystal was "dying" and this is why Garland wanted to "replace" it with Gaia's crystal.

Amadeus Windfall
12-19-2006, 06:57 PM
To me, it's obviously Crystal Chronicles, since they take such an important role in storyline and in the multi-player gameplay.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-19-2006, 11:56 PM
If those annoying stat-orbs in the Mysidian Tower...can count, thenAside from the one in the center that contains Ultima, there are four of them, and specific comments about wind, water, earth, and fire connected to them. It's not really a stretch of any kind.

I'd say FFVII's Crystal equivalents are the four Huge Materia.