PDA

View Full Version : New Blond character revealed

atlanteay
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
at jump festa, a new blonde guy was introduced. Here's the original source of the image.
blond guy! with bandana!! (locke xD) (http://www.ffcompilation.co.uk/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1166456633&archive=&start_from=&ucat=19&)

sorry...the site doesn't allow hotlinking =P

Tavrobel
12-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Locke has brown hair, by the way. I was amazingly disappointed.

atlanteay
12-18-2006, 11:48 PM
he had blonde hair in the FMV for the Anthologies

Moon Rabbits
12-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Underwhelming.

Yet still pleasing!~

skillzboy4
12-19-2006, 01:20 AM
The second picture looks very crazy..., but the blonde guy cmon... mroe dissappointing crap from XIII..

RiseToFall
12-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Not much to see there. I'll judge once we get some better (and clearer) images.

Bahamut2000X
12-19-2006, 01:22 AM

Yeah but Bartz also had white hair, and Leena and Faris were both blonde in the FMV's for V. They change up everyone's colors in the FMV's.

Though I must say this new character doesn't seem half bad. Compared to the other 2 we've seen he actually looks like some thought of originality was put into him.

RiseToFall
12-19-2006, 01:25 AM
Though I must say this new character doesn't seem half bad. Compared to the other 2 we've seen he actually looks like some thought of originality was put into him.

What other two?

Bahamut2000X
12-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Lightning the gender swapped Cloud. And the even more emo then Squall looking dude, that's in Versus.

LunarWeaver
12-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Oh, you people. Lightning looks exactly like a Yoshida design, and if his name was slapped on it she'd be brilliant instead of "same ol' same ol' ". Bandwagon Nomura hatred, wheeeee~

Not too much to see, but something new is something new I guess :jess:... I want his hat :(

RiseToFall
12-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Lightning the gender swapped Cloud. And the even more emo then Squall looking dude, that's in Versus.

Oh ok, I didn't know you were talking about the guy in Versus as well, that explains it.

Roto13
12-19-2006, 03:33 AM
The second picture looks very crazy..., but the blonde guy cmon... mroe dissappointing crap from XIII..

Yes, I know, the half of the side of a face in that screenshot makes me want to cut my throat and bleed all over the Squenix logo.

Avarice-ness
12-19-2006, 04:11 AM

Yeah but Bartz also had thite hair, and Leena and Faris were both blonde in the FMV's for V. They change up everyone's colors in the FMV's.

Or maybe it's because the FMV's were based off amano's original designs? :)

Bahamut2000X
12-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Yeah that too. :p

Larahl
12-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Yay, a gangster! ;D

Moon Rabbits
12-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh, you people. Lightning looks exactly like a Yoshida design, and if his name was slapped on it she'd be brilliant instead of "same ol' same ol' ". Bandwagon Nomura hatred, wheeeee~

Not too much to see, but something new is something new I guess :jess:... I want his hat :(

I like Lightning. :bigsmile:

The other fellow, however, is lame.

This fellow is okay!~

Roto13
12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
I thought Balthier was lame, too, when I first saw him. Look how that turned out.

Avarice-ness
12-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Is her name seriously going to be lightning?

Everytime I learn more of squeenix's antics my heart cracks alittle.

And all I have to say, is that the designs for the characters in this game seem to look alot like the character designs that random people do on Deviant Art. Overly done detail and clothing designs that make no sense when you would try to make them. Not that I don't think Lightning looks kind of cool, just more so unrealistic, I think after FFIX the designs started sliding into the 'looking cool' instead of 'looking like you could actually wear these'

Sigh. I guess everything is about looks these days. :(

Bahamut2000X
12-19-2006, 07:25 PM

Everytime I learn more of squeenix's antics my heart cracks alittle.

And all I have to say, is that the designs for the characters in this game seem to look alot like the character designs that random people do on Deviant Art. Overly done detail and clothing designs that make no sense when you would try to make them. Not that I don't think Lightning looks kind of cool, just more so unrealistic, I think after FFIX the designs started sliding into the 'looking cool' instead of 'looking like you could actually wear these'

Sigh. I guess everything is about looks these days. :(

I hear that. Though I think the designs more so slipped when Nomura became head character design. He's had a few good designs over the years, but he's already repeating himself and just making clones with new "cooler" stuff that honestly looks more stupid then his last idea.

Timerk
12-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Garnet's skin-tight orange unitard looked neither cool nor like something I would ever want to wear.

Bahamut2000X
12-20-2006, 05:09 AM
Hey now, I liked Garnet's outfit. I thought she looked hot. :love:

RiseToFall
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM

Unfortunately it seems like it is.

The girl who was shown in the original E3 trailer is known as Lightning.

Link (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/751/751427p1.html) to full article.

Roto13
12-20-2006, 02:52 PM
At least she's not named Wakka. Or Fran. Or Mash. Or Relm. Or one of any number of stupid Final Fantasy names.

Bahamut2000X
12-20-2006, 05:19 PM
At least she's not named Wakka. Or Fran. Or Mash. Or Relm. Or one of any number of stupid Final Fantasy names.

Hey now Fran is a real life name. Wakka is cool cause it reminds me of pac-man XD. Relm was a nifty fantasy name too. Mash...well as we all know that was the mistranslation and Sabin was the real name. >.>

Roto13
12-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Fran is a real name for an old lady.

And I'd rather play as a character named "Anal Leakage" than "Teedus"

atlanteay
12-20-2006, 11:17 PM
whatever happened to the creative names? I mean, lightning... that's worse than Cloud. Oh well, i'll just wait for some better quality images of this guy. He's looking a little disappointing to me since he's blond and has a bandana and wears a gray cloak similar to Seifer's.

Omni-Odin
12-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I pronounced it Tide-us. It sounds better and looks like it works better. But anyways, I don't understand why people are shutting this game down already. There's been one Trailer.......ONE! Now go on and hug all your game cartridges because FF is going to continue in the way they seem fit. Oh, and Final Fantasy XII is like the 3rd worst FF in history and I'm still looking forward to XIII.

Roto13
12-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Mo' like one of the best. Suckah.

And Tide-us is wrong.

Dragon Mage
12-21-2006, 01:45 AM
New guy looks like a.....a hippie. Heck, it may just be me but doesn't he look like a hippie? Dang.

And hey, I like this 'cloudette'--kicks ass, wears clothes that are not skin-tight, wields a sword; what's not to like?

Fran is a real name for an old lady.

He has a point--fran is a name for an old lady "And behold the mighty, FRAN!!!" ......Nope, it just doesn't sound right.

:lol: every time I look at that 2nd part I laugh. :lol:

I hear that. Though I think the designs more so slipped when Nomura became head character design. He's had a few good designs over the years, but he's already repeating himself and just making clones with new "cooler" stuff that honestly looks more stupid then his last idea.

Well, it seems to me that he got famous on making one of the most famous FF characters of all time. Completley fits the criteria of 'good looking'. An ideal person, one might say. Now, people are looking for that same design again. It's expected of him to do so. Go with what works--the only way to be sure that you'll stay in buisness. You'll see Nomura as the head of character design for many years to come, I believe.

But at least they're improving on the clothing a little, you have to admit. I mean, who the hell would go into battle wearing a leotard? Or a dress? It's plain retarded. Practical clothing, we're starting to see more of. That's good. That's very good. I wish for them to pursue this. Forever.

LunarWeaver
12-21-2006, 01:53 AM

Oh, you're such a drama queen <3

This frightens me. The more that is revealed about XIII the more everybody seems to hate it, and we barely even know anything about it yet. If everybody hates what Final Fantasy has become this much, then why are y'all bothering to play it anymore.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-21-2006, 01:54 AM
This frightens me. The more that is revealed about XIII the more everybody seems to hate it, and we barely even know anything about it yet. If everybody hates what Final Fantasy has become this much, then why are y'all bothering to play it anymore.Mainly for the odd occasion when it returns to proper form.

LunarWeaver
12-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Aww, but you can't hate it before ya give it a go :jess:. All we know is one female character and half a face with a hat :(. Though the team certainly dictates it will be more like X than XII, still... It's kinda early to make predictions about how the game will turn out.

And all this stuff about character designs. I know people who had no idea XII had a different character designer at all. For the most part, characters like Ashe and Syndey just get left alone, but characters like this new XIII lady or Sephiroth get lots of heat when they aren't even that far apart in look.

Ah, well. I think VI,VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII are all brilliant in their own ways, so maybe I'm just weird about the whole situation or something :cat:

Roto13
12-21-2006, 02:45 AM
You're a freak for waiting for a game to be more than a quarter finished before judging it.

nik0tine
12-21-2006, 04:37 AM
A blonde Final Fantasy character? I think I just :skull::skull::skull::skull: my pants with surprise.

Laddy
12-21-2006, 06:15 AM
He certaintly looks okay by what I see but Squenix, SHOCK US!

RiseToFall
12-21-2006, 06:31 AM
He certaintly looks okay by what I see but Squenix, SHOCK US!

Well the main characters name is Lightning.:p

Laddy
12-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Wow, good add-in comment. So, I stand shocked.

lordmakalpine
12-22-2006, 12:39 AM
This is exactly like what was happening when Final Fantasy XII was announced. Everyone was moaning and whining about "the end of Final Fantasy as we know it", bashing the character designs, bashing the story, bashing the system. Look at how that turned out!! Perfect review from Famitsu and many others, and even X-Play liked it. Granted FFXII didn't have the Nomura name attached to it to attract the hatred of better-than-thou old school FF fans, but still.

Amano is a genius character designer, I will definitely admit that. I absolutely love the old-school games and my favorite FF is IX. But Nomura makes up for his somewhat lacking character design with his touch for story. Let's complete ignore the travesty of Kingdom Hearts II and forcus on the original. I mean, that was a killer story. I like the fact that Nomura has a heavy hand in Fabula Nova Crystallis's world and story formation.

I'm so sick of the Nomura hatred. People whined when he took over and he cranked out Final Fantasy VII, and people still didn't like him. He started Kingdom Hearts and people whined that it would be terrible, and turned out to be amazing. I'll admit that I'm worried about X-2's director handling this, but I think he learned from his mistakes, and honestly most of the bad things about that game probably werent his fault. /endrant

Also, I'm looking forward to another "emo" Final Fantasy plot. It's just not the same without it. The political thing with XII is cool, but I liked the tear-jerking power of Nomura's games.

Please don't double post. Use the Edit button to add information to a previously made post. Thanks! :) :cat: ~ Zeromus

Miriel
12-22-2006, 03:45 AM
This is exactly like what was happening when Final Fantasy XII was announced. Everyone was moaning and whining about "the end of Final Fantasy as we know it", bashing the character designs, bashing the story, bashing the system. Look at how that turned out!! Perfect review from Famitsu and many others, and even X-Play liked it. Granted FFXII didn't have the Nomura name attached to it to attract the hatred of better-than-thou old school FF fans, but still.

Actually, as far as EoFF was concerned, many people hyped up FFXII as amazing and fantastic years before the game was released. And when those first few images were released, most people at EoFF were pleased with what they saw. So yeah. I dunno about the rest of the internet, but almost as soon as FFXII was announced certain EoFFers proclaimed that it was gonna be the best FF ever. :p

atlanteay
12-22-2006, 04:27 AM

Actually, as far as EoFF was concerned, many people hyped up FFXII as amazing and fantastic years before the game was released. And when those first few images were released, most people at EoFF were pleased with what they saw. So yeah. I dunno about the rest of the internet, but almost as soon as FFXII was announced certain EoFFers proclaimed that it was gonna be the best FF ever. :p

i remember some members used to complain about Ashe's overly large behind :p or at certain times, "moldy butt" there were also people that said ashe looked a lot like yuna. But i guess the majority was pleased like you said. However, those comments are pretty funny :D

i'm gonna wait for more info about this game. It looks pretty cool since Nomura is behind this and he worked on two of my fav FFs (also the first two i played) i guess i can give this game a chance or two.

Croyles
12-22-2006, 10:06 PM

Oh, you're such a drama queen <3

This frightens me. The more that is revealed about XIII the more everybody seems to hate it, and we barely even know anything about it yet. If everybody hates what Final Fantasy has become this much, then why are y'all bothering to play it anymore.

Exactly, I dont see the point of whining. Ive liked every Final Fantasy except Final Fantasy X-2, but I wasnt expecting much from that so I couldnt even be dissapointed. Amano didnt have much of a job for the ACTUAL games, since they were all 2d and his drawings dont exactly come across. His artwork is amazing. I also like Nomura, he makes good storylines and yes, while his character designs repeat themselves slighlty (so do Amano's and Yoshida's), I still like them very much.

This picture doesnt show us much though. I hope the new trailer gets released for the public soon.

The black mage
12-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Still i wonder what this ones called
The other one's called Lightning so an elmental name would fit.
Then again he could be called Cid:D

atlanteay
12-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Still i wonder what this ones called
The other one's called Lightning so an elmental name would fit.
Then again he could be called Cid:D

magnet? gravity? Blizzard :p maybe the trend would break in this one :confused: but from the look of this trailer, i think it's gonna be another one of those futuristic, matrix-type games:(

Bahamut2000X
12-26-2006, 03:49 PM
but from the look of this trailer, i think it's gonna be another one of those futuristic, matrix-type games:(

So it's going to be another one of those games no one gets after 10 years of play and concludes was created based on one big acid trip?

atlanteay
12-26-2006, 07:53 PM
basically, unless the ps3 suddenly drops its price and this move innovating info is released for this game since right now, it's rather disappointing.

KasaiDraco
12-28-2006, 04:31 AM
I'll admit that I'm worried about X-2's director handling this
That explains why the main character is a girl! But we did have a lot of female main characters like Cloud, Squall Zidane, Tidus and the most feminine, Vaan!

Dragonface
12-30-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll admit that I'm worried about X-2's director handling this
That explains why the main character is a girl! But we did have a lot of female main characters like Cloud, Squall Zidane, Tidus and the most feminine, Vaan!

You mean 'Female look-like male main characters'. The guys you said above aren't the only male characters that looks-more-like-a-girl, for Irvine for one (The first time I saw him I thought hes a girl).

Jessweeee♪
12-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh, would you all shut up and stop whining? Man, EoFF is really pissing me off today. I think I'll log off before I go do something to get myself banned x.x

play-on-4eva
01-05-2007, 04:31 PM
why is everyone moaning about a game who they only know 1 if not 2 characters names:confused: also it's gonna be kinda hard to think of some more original designs since they've used a lot of them. And so what it's a female character was their anything wrong with tifa or yuna??

RiseToFall
01-05-2007, 06:17 PM
why is everyone moaning about a game who they only know 1 if not 2 characters names:confused: also it's gonna be kinda hard to think of some more original designs since they've used a lot of them. And so what it's a female character was their anything wrong with tifa or yuna??

Welcome to EoFF, where people whine about stupid :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Roto13
01-05-2007, 07:30 PM

Yup. I'm going to play the game (the FULL game) before I decide if it's ruined the whole series forever. Or at least wait until it's more than thirty percent finished or whatever.

atlanteay
01-06-2007, 01:49 AM

agrees :) EoFF is known to be whiny so get over it!

besides, first impressions are the main things that one uses to judge another. This blonde guy gives a BAD first impression :mad2:

Roto13
01-06-2007, 03:18 AM
I don't know about you, but a tiny piece of a face isn't enough to even give me an impression.

Dr.M
01-06-2007, 10:48 AM

lol, i like the way you explained what they looked like. it's so true! haha:p

RiseToFall
01-06-2007, 09:17 PM

lol, i like the way you explained what they looked like. it's so true! haha:p

Nomura was assigned the task to make 'Lightning' a female version of Cloud. So, if you really do think she looks like a gender swapped Cloud, than it seems he did his job well.

No.78
01-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Heehee, tiny piece of face

atlanteay
01-07-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't know about you, but a tiny piece of a face isn't enough to even give me an impression.

THAT's how disappointing it is. even a tiny bit of his face looks terrible. blond with a bandana/hat. my eyes burn. Whatever happened to the green hairs (rydia and terra) or brown hairs... ? Nomura is like hitler with his Aryan types of character designs or maybe SE since a lot of their characters have blonde hair and blue eyes. *complain complain* *whine* *criticize*

sexymonkey
01-07-2007, 01:42 AM
i was thinking out of all the playable characters from VII to XII, a majority is dark haired; only cloud in vii, quistis, zell in viii, zidane in ix, tidas rikku in x, and vaan xii, are blond haired.

only 7 in 10 years (i may have forgot some!!).
stop moaning!

Necronopticous
01-07-2007, 03:34 AM
BHK v2.0

atlanteay
01-08-2007, 02:21 AM
i was thinking out of all the playable characters from VII to XII, a majority is dark haired; only cloud in vii, quistis, zell in viii, zidane in ix, tidas rikku in x, and vaan xii, are blond haired.

only 7 in 10 years (i may have forgot some!!).
stop moaning!

those are the main characters :rolleyes2 don't you think it's a little too obvious if they actually gave everyone blue eyes and blond hair? Besides, if you look at the characters before VII, most of them have blond hair as well.

and you forgot penelo, ashe, cid (ff7), basch, and probably someone else.

Roto13
01-08-2007, 02:24 AM
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:, why does it matter? If they stick to realistic hair colours, it's just going to be brown, black, red, blond, or gray anyway. Why is blond so disappointing? How ridiculous is it to whine about a character's hair colour?

CelestialStarDust
01-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:, why does it matter? If they stick to realistic hair colours, it's just going to be brown, black, red, blond, or gray anyway. Why is blond so disappointing? How ridiculous is it to whine about a character's hair colour?

CLOUDS hair was blonde.i dont see anyone complaining about HIM.

Roto13
01-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Locke Cole was blond AND he had bandanna. Who doesn't love Locke?

The black mage
01-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Is it just me or dose he look like Seifer from ff8. anway i can't wait form more info, i can wait even less for the game. But we'll all by it, just to find out the plot. and then talk about it on here but have you looked a the background of the picture, just look at the quality.

atlanteay
01-14-2007, 04:28 AM

because i WANT to. I'm also pointing out about the lack of creativity. I liked the idea of pink hair and then a blonde popped out. Greenies like terra and rydia are rare these days.

Wild Card
01-15-2007, 07:08 PM
--" you all make me sick... but dont get me wrong, ffxiii looks... meh...
but, theres only been ONE trailer!! 3 characters released, and nothing on anything else... jesus, all this :skull::skull::skull::skull: about hair color??...
All the ff games have been amazing, and i for one trust squenix.
ffxiii is gonna be a great game, and after you go pick it up and play-beat it, you'll all be like: "OMGness!! is teh greatest gamez0rz that has ever been!!!1!" so, stop teh annoyaning complaints about "omg, its locke/siefer"

atlanteay
01-15-2007, 09:01 PM
--" you all make me sick... but dont get me wrong, ffxiii looks... meh...
but, theres only been ONE trailer!! 3 characters released, and nothing on anything else... jesus, all this :skull::skull::skull::skull: about hair color??...
All the ff games have been amazing, and i for one trust squenix.
ffxiii is gonna be a great game, and after you go pick it up and play-beat it, you'll all be like: "OMGness!! is teh greatest gamez0rz that has ever been!!!1!" so, stop teh annoyaning complaints about "omg, its locke/siefer"

this is EoFF forums. It's like a tradition to do this. But you should check out the X-2 forum. gets worse than this and the game has BEEN released.

wait..three characters? are you counting the bike shiva?

Roto13
01-15-2007, 10:15 PM
There's that oddly coloured person, Lightning, and Bandana Mana.

Wild Card
01-17-2007, 11:54 PM
wait..three characters? are you counting the bike shiva?

Shiva's a bike now?? omg... :cry:

Slade
01-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Is it just me or dose he look like Seifer from ff8.
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw him.

atlanteay
01-21-2007, 04:47 PM
new info was released about this guy.

Tetsuya Nomura had a few comments of his own with Dengeki, regarding both FFXIII and FF Versus XIII. Nomura, character designer for FFXIII, shared some details on the mysterious blonde-haired guy who appears at the end of the latest FFXIII trailer. He's a big guy, Nomura revealed, adding that the design specs for the character called for someone big enough to run while carrying two people around. Recently, it was decided that his foot size would be 33 centimeters.
source: IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/756/756757p1.html)

Wolf Kanno
01-22-2007, 06:54 AM
I'm not even going to comment on his shoe size being relevant...

I haven't even seen what this guy looks like (link was removed:cry: ) and I've been trying hard to stay out of this forum since I walked away from the original trailer feeling as though I watched 60 seconds of Squenix murdering my favorite series.

With the few story details that have been released, I'm intrigued. But with Nomura at the lead for writing, I know that the first half of the game is going to be good while it will end on a disappointing note. The man can build alot of hype and expectations in his stories (First disc of FFVII, KH, and KHCoM) but he just can't create satisfying conclusions (The rest of FFVII and KHII).

Also, for the names. That's a Nomura thing. He likes to name his characters after things associated with the sky. Cloud, Squall, Tidus (means sun), Sora (means sky) and now Lightning. Get over it. It's not a big deal.

atlanteay
01-22-2007, 10:53 PM
here's the blonde guy.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/atlanteay/up1570fd1.jpg

Wolf Kanno
01-23-2007, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the picture.

Wow:eek: he really does look like a grown up version of Seifer's design from KH2. Still not keen on this whole "Shiva Bike" issue...

Kamiko
02-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Well I like him. He's got some cool laser thing on his gun.
Pretty amazing. Plus, you can just use tint on your TV screen if you hate his hair so much...

Hazzard
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
i dnt want to slater this game already, because i actually think it looks kind of sick, and i think Lightning looks like an interesting character so far, but im not keen on the blonde guy's image; looks like seifer too much!

The black mage
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
WHY IS SHIVA ON A BIKE?
Also WHY DO WE NEED TO KNOW THE NEW SEIFER'S SHOE SIZE?

Aqua Mage
02-08-2007, 01:17 AM

Exactly! Graaar. :mad2:

As for me, I'm awaiting my pre-ordered Final Fantasy XII and can't wait to get my hands on FF XIII in ten years time (knowing New Zealand.)

atlanteay
02-08-2007, 01:45 AM
WHY IS SHIVA ON A BIKE?
Also WHY DO WE NEED TO KNOW THE NEW SEIFER'S SHOE SIZE?

because square decided to give those info out ;) also, the shoe size probably means that this guy is a giant.... :rolleyes2

Aerisfanatic
03-03-2007, 10:23 PM
oh i saw that guy he looks like seifer cause he has a white jacket

No.78
03-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't think he looks anything like Seifer, you're all crazy. CRAZY I TELL YOU.
I think he looks seckzy.

Lionheart-BAM
11-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Soo.. Is this gonna have cloud and squall in it I think I read something in a game infromers magazine about them being it.

Leeza
11-17-2007, 06:50 AM
This thread is too old to be revived. Please check postdates before posting.