PDA

View Full Version : This has been driving me crazy...possible glitch???

grafik
12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
first off, i just found this forum today and i gotta say it's one of the friendliest and informative forums i've ever come across. so i looked through the entire ff12 section and couldn't find anything like this:

i'm at about lvl 20 for my characters right now, but at some point around lvl 12 penelo got silence cast on her. no problem, just use an item and it'll be gone, right? well...no. i tried using every item i have (i forget the name of the one that removes silence, but i used lots of them) on her and the silence wouldn't go away. a little later when i got esuna i tried that on her to no avail. i've tried everything you could possibly thing of to get rid of her silence and nothing will work.

could it be a glitch in the game? will i be able to finish the game with very limited use of penelo (i haven't been using her at all for quite a while now)? has anything like this happened to anyone else?

thanks in advance for the responses.

Renmiri
12-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Esuna, Remedy or Echo Herbs

Or let her die, then revive her with a Phoenix Down. She will be fine :D

grafik
12-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Esuna, Remedy or Echo Herbs

Or let her die, then revive her with a Phoenix Down. She will be fine :D

i tried esuna, remedy, and echo herbs and i'm pretty sure she's died and been brought back, but i'll let her die again and report back...when i get off work that is.

thanks

Roto13
12-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Does she have the nethicite equipped? ;)

Dewprisms
12-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Every time someone asks this question, I die a little inside.

Why don't you try reading about items before you equip them to your character? Perhaps "User is Silenced" or "Reduces MP to 0" should be a good enough clue when you equip certain accessories.

Nominus Experse
12-19-2006, 07:08 PM
You have the Nethicite equiped. Remove it, and the affliction shal lbe removed promptly.

I know, we all have our moments of utter stupidity.

grafik
12-19-2006, 07:21 PM
awwwww damn, that must be it.

thanks a lot...but i take back that thing about this forum being especially friendly :D

Nominus Experse
12-19-2006, 07:57 PM

thanks a lot...but i take back that thing about this forum being especially friendly :D
It's alright.
You'll get your chance to take a jab at me when I post something with a far more obvious answer than what you did.

Roto13
12-19-2006, 10:19 PM

It's alright.
You'll get your chance to take a jab at me when I post something with a far more obvious answer than what you did.

I think he was talking about Dewprisms. :P

I read "reduces MP to 0" as "Reduces MP cost to 0" and equipped that thing on Fran. >_< If only it gave your MP back after you removed it.

Timerk
12-19-2006, 10:31 PM
People have been getting snippy as of late around here*, though.

*by 'here' I mean the FFXII subforum

Nominus Experse
12-20-2006, 01:09 AM

It's probably because the same questions are being asked time and time again

LazarCotoron
12-20-2006, 01:30 AM

And by people, Timerk means me! :eek:

Nah, that's an innocent blunder. Could've been avoided with more reading, but a completely honest to goodness blunder.

Timerk
12-20-2006, 02:47 AM

It's probably because the same questions are being asked time and time again

Yes, that is exactly what it is.

I think, though, that we have the maturity to answer peoples questions without getting all l337 or mean spirited about it.

I hope.

Wolf Kanno
12-20-2006, 07:13 AM
I think we should try to be mature as well, and I'm certain I've had more than my own few moments of :eek: :mad: :mad2: but I try to stay level headed...

Besides, I enjoy arguing with you Timerk;)

grafik
12-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Does she have the nethicite equipped? ;)

yes, yes she did :yuck:

now i just have to figure out how to deal with the fact that penelo is at lvl 12 and everybody else is at lvl 20.

and i was kidding about this board not being friendly...i deserved the comments for not paying attention.

Renmiri
12-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Get a "Gold Amulet" as soon as you can (you might need to do some hunts for that) and equip on her. It gives her double License points but the experience and levels raise faster too.

Or go through an easy place like Eastersand with just her in your party.

grafik
12-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Get a "Gold Amulet" as soon as you can (you might need to do some hunts for that) and equip on her. It gives her double License points but the experience and levels raise faster too.

thanks for the advise...sounds like a job for my wife!!! she actually plays ffxii with me, but she usually panics when things get dicey.

Roto13
12-20-2006, 08:50 PM

thanks for the advise...sounds like a job for my wife!!! she actually plays ffxii with me, but she usually panics when things get dicey.

The gold amulet doesn't offer extra anything besides license points.

Renmiri
12-21-2006, 06:04 AM
The gold amulet doesn't offer extra anything besides license points.

No, but I find my characters level up twice as fast with it. Didn't you notice the same thing ?

I used before I found a shop with embroidered tippet which only shows up much later in the game.

LazarCotoron
12-21-2006, 06:42 AM
They kinda' level up faster, but I think it has more to do with you gaining licenses for power ups faster, so you're able to better handle the bad guys.

Renmiri
12-21-2006, 07:01 AM
They kinda' level up faster, but I think it has more to do with you gaining licenses for power ups faster, so you're able to better handle the bad guys.

Not really, I had all my powerups already, it was the first thing I did. :D

I'm going very slowly through the game, so I can't just use embroidered tippets, which are only up for sale after Tchita Uplands, I think. I got my first Gold Amulet on the Ozmone planes iirc so I used it when I wanted to level up my 3 weaker players who were around the same exp points away from the next level. To my surprise Penelo, who had it equipped, leveled up long before the other 2.

I have been using it ever since and haven't even bothered equipping the embroidered thingies.

Try it if you don't believe me. You will see. :D

LazarCotoron
12-21-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm going very slowly through the game, so I can't just use embroidered tippets, which are only up for sale after Tchita Uplands, I think. I got my first Gold Amulet on the Ozmone planes iirc so I used it when I wanted to level up my 3 weaker players who were around the same exp points away from the next level. To my surprise Penelo, who had it equipped, leveled up long before the other 2.

I have been using it ever since and haven't even bothered equipping the embroidered thingies.

Try it if you don't believe me. You will see. :D

I've been doing it-I'm actually going through the game pretty slowly too, being as I'm 65 hours in and haven't beaten it.

Uhm, 'buy' Embroidered Tippets? I just steal them off the Courels! Free is a much better price! I also find that the Embroidered Tippets work really well when you summon a monster... Basically, you get 6x normal experience for one enemy.

Dell
12-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Golden Amulet only increase your LP, Embroidered Tippet increase your EXP. Renmiri, maybe because your Penelo have lower level than the other two? She'll level up faster. Why not you check the EXP you gained when you equip the Golden Amulet?

Renmiri
12-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Golden Amulet only increase your LP, Embroidered Tippet increase your EXP. Renmiri, maybe because your Penelo have lower level than the other two? She'll level up faster. Why not you check the EXP you gained when you equip the Golden Amulet?
No, I had Ashe, Fran and Penelo at the same level, around the same Exp points needed for next level. Penelo wasn't even party leader!

It happens pretty much all the time I have a character with Gold Amulet equipped. The character levels up a lot faster than the ones without it.

Can any of you try it on your game ? Now I'm curious, maybe it is just my Collector's Edition game that acts this way.

Nominus Experse
12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I do not see how you are experiencing this effect when I myself have tried this and there was no noticable experience gain. Two other friends tried this, with the exact same result - no furthered experience gained than the rest of the characters.

One had the Collector's, one did not. The exact same results.

Renmiri
12-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Weird!!!

I'll see if I can tape it and put it at Youtube.

farplaner
12-21-2006, 10:26 PM
I've been doing it-I'm actually going through the game pretty slowly too, being as I'm 65 hours in and haven't beaten it.

Uhm, 'buy' Embroidered Tippets? I just steal them off the Coeurls! Free is a much better price! I also find that the Embroidered Tippets work really well when you summon a monster... Basically, you get 6x normal experience for one enemy.

yeah, I didn't realise at first, but I slashed my way through the uplands on the way to Sochen Cave Palace (with the thief's cuffs equipped and a "steal" gambit on). When I got to the merchant in Old Archades, I had twelve embroidered tippets to sell...well twelve minus three, that is.

65 hours isn't that short. There's a lot of traveling around to do.

Dewprisms
12-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Sorry for being short, it's just that since the release of this game about twenty billion people ask that question each day. Between here and GameFAQs, those of us who actually pay attention to the game are getting irritated. :tongue:

Chocobo King
12-27-2006, 05:58 AM
heres your answer... u just got penelo back in your party right? and u also got a "new item for being equipted" that item equipts u with silence. look at the accessoriy penelo has equipted

Roto13
12-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Read the whole thread before posting.

Lawr
12-28-2006, 01:12 AM
Leeza says don't post in it if you think it's 'stupid'

Roto13
12-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Leeza says don't be a hypocrite. :P