PDA

View Full Version : how to beat omega?

eurotrash
12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
maybe its just me having problems, he seems to wipe my party everytime.
ive tried spellblade/thundagra, but i miss with every swing
rapidfire seems to set him off even more
anyone?

Jowy
12-20-2006, 02:35 AM
I died a lot, admittedly. Giving Bartz the Ragnarok and Brave Blade with Thundaga Spellbladed and Rapid Fire killed him in one shot. o_o

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Atomic Ray does fire damage, so you can absorb it with the appropriate equipment. That should help.

aquatius
12-20-2006, 09:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHNHr1Xgv-M

Shin Gouken
12-20-2006, 02:50 PM
I believe i can be of some help....

You want one primary attacker and three mimes equipped with the abilities Time6, white6 and Hide (level 1 bard ability) And all four party members wearing winged shoes.

Winged shoes give you instant initiative. You immedietly hide 2 of your mimes, have one cast quick then reflect on your attacker then hide. Your attacker attacks then gets bombarded with counter attacks which will kill him most likley. You wait for omega to attack (it will say failed at the top of the screen) Bring out two mimes, they will attack before omega does because their time gauges will fill faster with winged shoes. Have one cast quick then arise then hide, the other cast quick reflect then hide. Your attacker will take a hit and then can attack again before is killed by all omegas counter attacks. This you can repeat until he dies.

Your attacker should never die before he has a chance to attack. Reflect will reflect delta attack and blaster (omegas 2 instant K.O attacks. Beam cannon takes half your max HP and is his favoured weapon (in my expierience) Earthquake can be avoided if you cast float before the battle. Mealstrom only takes you to single digit. And atom ray will leave you alive if your around level 50 im sure. The only think you have to be aware of is encircle which will erase your attacker. Cast return if he uses it

Mirage
12-20-2006, 05:29 PM
At level 45, I just equipped everyone with flame rings, gave Bartz Excalibur, Braveblade, spellblade and rapid fire, then just gave the other party members White magic and Time magic.
When I entered the fight, I cast Spellblade -> Thundaga if Bartz got the first turn. If not, I used Hastega. After that, I just left the three others make sure Bartz survived, and used Rapid Fire when he gos his turn again. With this setup, I dealt 8400 x 4 with Brave Blade, and 6700 x 4 with Excalibur. He died after that.

It's really just a blitz tactic, deal as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time, and just hope he doesn't do something crappy, like Encircling your attacker. If you get bad luck, just load and retry. This tactic has worked for me about 10 times in a row.

Bunny
12-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Masamune and the strongest knight sword you have available, Flame Ring, Rapid Fire, and Spellblade. Haste/Hastaga with another character.

That's pretty much all I did. Omega went down with one round of Rapid Fire (9999 x 8).

Masamune gives the character equipped with it automatic first strike.

PuPu
12-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Heh, almost everyone uses the cheap method of Spellblade/!Sword Thundaga + Rapid Fire/!Sshot. Well, if you want even cheaper ways, cast Stop on Omega or use Mix with a Maiden's Kiss and Holy Water, then use on him + Golem.

Mirage
12-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Masamune and the strongest knight sword you have available, Flame Ring, Rapid Fire, and Spellblade. Haste/Hastaga with another character.

That's pretty much all I did. Omega went down with one round of Rapid Fire (9999 x 8).

Masamune doesn't take Spellblade though, so don't use that for your attacker.

Jowy
12-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Stop works on Omega? Well I'll be damned.

Bunny
12-20-2006, 09:02 PM

Masamune doesn't take Spellblade though, so don't use that for your attacker.

Oops, overlooked that. >_>

I think my Time Magic user had the Masamune so I could Hastaga at the start.

eurotrash
12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
thanks for all the input guys!
i was trying him at level 42 i think, with many of the jobs not learned, which is probably why
i have ragnarok now, didnt get the brave blade because i didnt know where to get it from

Jowy
12-21-2006, 04:07 AM
Go to Moore Village and walk through the forest to the immediate left of the entrance. If you haven't run from any battles, it should be the strongest weapon available outside of those in the bonus dungeon.