PDA

View Full Version : Defeat the Dark Elf For Earth Crystal

Rabidewok
12-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Does anyone else hate the Magnetic Cave that leads to the dark elf to get the Earth crystal?

Usually i just run from every battle and pwn the dark elf at the end..

Jowy
12-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I levelgrind on Ogres because they die in one shot from the Fairy Claw. It's an ingenious dungeon, and I actually don't mind it.

Tempest
12-19-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't really have any trouble with it so, no, I don't hate it. I can see why it would be frustrating though.

Evastio
12-19-2006, 11:45 PM
I run away from every battle until the Magnetic Field is destroyed.

I do find it kind of annoying.

Rabidewok
12-21-2006, 05:25 PM
yeah i don't deny that its a great story part.. or that its a pretty good dungeon.. i just hate it lol

Ashley Schovitz
12-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Ihate it too, on my first try all my characters were paylized except Cid, so I just ran away from every battle. Now I removed all their metal eqipment, so it's not as bad, I still run away from all the Ogres. I'm fighting Dark Elf again and i can't seem to beat him when he transforms into the dragon, I've gotten soft.

Rabidewok
12-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Well they give you a chance to re-equip your stuff after Edward saves you. If you go to the Mythril town and buy all that stuff i'm sure you will pwnt the dragon. He is kinda easy...

Crossblades
12-23-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't really have any trouble with it so, no, I don't hate it. I can see why it would be frustrating though.

Sefie1999AD
12-23-2006, 05:40 PM
On my first two games of FFIV, I think I ran away from every battle in the dungeon with the Dark Elf, except for the boss fight. However, during my last two games, I fought every battle in the dungeon, and it wasn't too hard, although it was a bit tedious having your characters equipped with weaker armor, not to mention bows and arrows.

alchemistlord37
12-24-2006, 01:44 PM
The first time I played through the game I didn;t level up and died every time I tried to defeat the dark elf. The second time I played through, I leveled up like hell and went through it easily.

arcanedude34
12-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Alchemistlord, I beat the Dark Elf for you >_<. He was always easy for me, though. (Im wierd like that. Riku the 4th time in Chain of Memories was always easy for me)

Rase
12-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Not counting when I first played and forgot the Twin Harp, I've never had any problems with any part of the dungeon or Dark Elf.

Sefie1999AD
12-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I think the hardest part in the battle against Dark Elf is surviving his Tornado attacks since they drop a character's HP to single digits. I've heard there's a cheap way of defeating the Dark Elf by having Tellah cast Tornado against him and then attacking him, but I'm not sure if this works outside the US version of FF"2" SNES.

Takara
12-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Pretty sure it works on the North American GBA version too. The tornado trick is like the Vanish+Doom of FFIV. xD

Goldenboko
12-29-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't hate it because in my no encounters/Lowest lvl possible game I don't fight random encounters anyway :p

On a side note the Dark Imp was easy, but the Dragon was a challenge.

The Unknown Guru
01-07-2007, 04:19 AM
It took two hours for me to figure out how to get to it, but it was pretty easy for me.

feioncastor
01-07-2007, 05:08 AM
I always run from every battle in that place.

I really see no reason for fighting in most dungeons. I go to dungeons to progress the story, and if I need some exp or money, I'll go fight specifically for that. Then once I have what I need, I go to the next story event place in the game, and bust my way through, usually running from fights because I don't need the money or exp. If there's a monster who drops stuff, I'll kill it. Or if it's guarding a chest, obviously. But I don't like to fight a lot in dungeons because the first RPG I played was FF1 for the NES, and in that game, fighting in dungeons meant that you'd get to the boss of the dungeon with low MP and perhaps poisoned or petrified. Or even dead. In FF4, that's not a HUGE deal because you can just use an item to revive the dead. In FF1, you had to go all the way back to a city to revive people. There was a spell "LIFE", but you really only had a few casts of it, and you'd want to use those casts for CURE3.

So yeah, I level then I go on with the story. If I die on the boss of the place, I just go level up some more, sometimes in the dungeon, but sometimes not.

Avarice-ness
01-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Usually i just run from every battle and get pwn'd by the dark elf at the end..

Lawr
01-07-2007, 11:54 PM
You can equip your itesm items during battle to prevent the magnet effect.
Just remember to de-equip them out of battle.