PDA

View Full Version : Oh my! Winter drags on for way to long every year, why?

Savern Volaco
12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
yes why is winter so much longer than summer and why is it the reason winter is tough because the windows to your car is all iced up or what? so this question what kind of problems does winter bring up adn kind of fun things winter brings...and if you don't have winter good for you.

Jowy
12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
I hate shoveling snow. I hate cleaning off the car. I hate falling on the ice. I hate road closings. I hate the plows blocking the driveway. I hate how school was never cancelled and I'd have to walk in cold weather. I hate wearing socks and shoes. I hate cold weather.

I like sled riding.

Winter sucks. ;)

Miriel
12-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Winter isn't so long here in California. But I do dislike it, no matter how short it is. I hate the rain. HATE IT. I'd probably enjoy the Winter more if it snowed, but no, all we get is horrible rain and slushy mud and flash floods and general cold wetness. Oh and SoCal drivers stink at driving in the rain so there are all sorts of accidents and pile ups and traffic jams. Uhgh.

The only thing I really enjoy about winter is getting to wear cute winter stuff like mittens and scarves and boots. :D

Zeldy
12-19-2006, 09:07 PM
I looove Winter! Especially compared to Summer, which I cannot stand.

British Winters last nearly 3/4 of the year, Spring isnt exactly "warm". Where I live, we get dense fog, ice, slush (Our type of snow, and thats if we're lucky), Hailstone, heavy winds and lots of rain.
Our temperatures range from in the 30.F to maybe high 40.F's, but nothing warmer. Its been quite mild this year, though today has been bloody freezing :p I think last year was our coldest winter yet, it was in my opinion. Seeing as last July was the hottest month ever recorded in Britain, Im assuming we're in for another cold winter. Last year, I think in the Northwest we was.. -7.C? something like that. My school got closed for 2 days when our heating broke, as without it, it was too cold to teach.

We havn't been getting half as much ice/frost as we used to, almost every day the grass was white, and roofs shimmering with ice, Ive only seen that once this winter!

Rye
12-19-2006, 09:12 PM
I hate winter. Like Miriel said, the only good thing about it is the cute winter clothes, and it snowing a few times, but that's it. ;___;

Give me summer anyday!

Tavrobel
12-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Don't you just love it when school is canceled delayed by two hours, yet you always have to go at nine? Winter is an excuse to stay home, in bed, under the covers, while the world passes you by, and all you do is post at some gaming forums that you think people notice you at.

Wait a minute...

Yukki-Chan
12-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I love winter and dressing up in warm clothing, if it snows and theres no school I go out and take pictures in the woods and by the river. Then when I get back I have pancakes for breakfast while warming my feet up in from of a heater, ah bliss.

Savern Volaco
12-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Um is running barefoot in snow bad because of so I should stop and I should wear warm clothing then...I guess I can go dog tossing...which is tossing your dog if you have one off a cliff about ten feet high and have him land in about five to six feet of snow to break his fall. "its the only time of year I can do that my dog thinks its fun to.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Winter is so long for me becuase it is wrestling season. It never seems to end. This year is going by alright though. :)

Xander
12-19-2006, 09:46 PM
I don't mind winter too much..you can wear scarves and gloves and be snuggly by the heater and warm. It makes me stay in more but that's a good thing. The only annoying thing is the car yeah, being icy, or not starting or stopping but it hasn't been too bad this winter (yet..).

~*~Celes~*~
12-19-2006, 09:51 PM
I hate winter here in Ohio ;_; It's so cold most every day and I have to go out and wait for the schoolbus at 7:05 in the morning before the sun even comes up, resulting in WAYYY COLDNESS! However, sometimes we get pretty nice days (it was up in the 60's F Sunday!! o.O Which is definantly unusual), so that makes up for it, I guess. We've been getting a lot of rain too, which usually results in ice on the roads, but because of the afore mentioned 60F weather, no ice ;_;

All I can hope for is a lot of snow during the last days of Christmas break :p

Savern Volaco
12-19-2006, 10:02 PM
So um yeah I guess winter isn't all bad But it does make many people irritable most of the time.

Quindiana Jones
12-19-2006, 10:16 PM
I want to make love to Winter. I have no problems with it lasting all year.

OMFGGGGGG HAX000RS! Summer makes people more irritable you grumpy bastards. I only offered you a drink.

Tempest
12-19-2006, 10:31 PM
I hate shoveling snow. I hate cleaning off the car. I hate falling on the ice. I hate road closings. I hate the plows blocking the driveway. I hate how school was never cancelled and I'd have to walk in cold weather. I hate wearing socks and shoes. I hate cold weather.

I like sled riding.

Winter sucks. ;)
Sums it up pretty much for me too. :)