PDA

View Full Version : Is Zeromus invincible?

PuPu
12-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Well, me and Boco had gotten into a debate and he said that Zeromus, in his first form (http://www.576.hu/pix/forum/hsz_kepek/zeromus.gif) was invincible. Boco thought he was invincible because he absorbed Meteor in a storyline directed battle.

In this form, he absorbed all magic and was able to send it right back at you and you couldn't hit him with physical attacks. In fact, it was only with the use of The Crystal combined with Cecil's Holy spirit that they were able to weaken him into his true form. In this form, was he really invincible or is it just so you couldn't mess up the storyline?

Jowy
12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
If you're playing FFIV Advance, try using the Grimiores from the Lunar summons. All sorts of crazy things happen!

Evastio
12-19-2006, 11:43 PM
In his first form using the Grimoires will inflict 9999 Damage on him even though the attack animation won't be completed. By using around 6 Grimoires you can actually kill him without using the Crystal. (but you'll lose the Crystal when you save after you defeat the game)

PuPu
12-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Well, what I meant to say was, if he was "invincible," would that mean he is the strongest villain of all Final Fantasies?

I certainly don't think so, since I think this form is more of an illusion, rather than Zeromus himself.

Zeromus_X
12-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Don't compare battle mechanics to the "real world".

But yes, you can kill him by unleashing the Grimoires in FFIV Advance. Having the Crystal in your inventory is pretty awesome.

<3 Blue Spaghetti Zeromus. :love:

Grendal
01-26-2007, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't consider him invicible, per se. I think (in his first form) he's just a spiritual manifestation of Zemus, and thus can't interact with the laws of physical reality in the normal sense. (i.e., he can't be sliced to pieces with a sword)

I guess it's possible that he really is just that strong, though. Using the Crystal apparently weakens and mutates him, making him vulnerable to destruction.

It can also be said that he is destruction incarnate itself, and is thus immune to all forms of destruction. :P

ReloadPsi
01-27-2007, 03:38 AM
http://www.576.hu/pix/forum/hsz_kepek/zeromus.gif
I never noticed how utterly awful this thing looked until just now. Silly!

boys from the dwarf
01-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't consider him invicible, per se. I think (in his first form) he's just a spiritual manifestation of Zemus, and thus can't interact with the laws of physical reality in the normal sense. (i.e., he can't be sliced to pieces with a sword)

I guess it's possible that he really is just that strong, though. Using the Crystal apparently weakens and mutates him, making him vulnerable to destruction.

It can also be said that he is destruction incarnate itself, and is thus immune to all forms of destruction. :P

i can agree with that. the last bits more of a theory but still.

zeromus's first form is so powerful that your FF4 heroes would never beat. the crystal greatly weakens him into an extremely powerful but still beatable form. notice how his meteo goes from doing 9999 damage to 1000 damage after you use the crystal.

i couldn't agree more that you shouldn't use battle mechanics to determine who in reality is the strongest but in this case, the low damage meteo implies that zeromus was weakened.

im pretty sure seems as that none of the main villains have a crystal to weaken zeromus, zeromus would beat them all. he is the epitome of hate and hate in its purest form, after all. but thats mainly because they wouldn't be able to damage him at all. but saying that is using battle mechanics so its probably unfair to call zeromus's first form invincible but it is definetly much more powerful than the form you fight.

Grendal
01-27-2007, 01:26 PM
On another note, was anyone aware that Meteo is actually elemental? I think it's shadow / dark, although nothing else in the game uses this element. Hence, why Zemus absorbs it. I haven't come across any items capable of granting "dark" absorption, so I doubt it was intended for your characters to absorb Meteo, as well.

Captain Maxx Power
01-27-2007, 02:29 PM
http://sajatgep.blogdreams.hu/userfiles/33781.jpg

Surely I can't be the only one to see the resemblence?

Zeromus_X
01-27-2007, 06:20 PM
On another note, was anyone aware that Meteo is actually elemental? I think it's shadow / dark, although nothing else in the game uses this element. Hence, why Zemus absorbs it. I haven't come across any items capable of granting "dark" absorption, so I doubt it was intended for your characters to absorb Meteo, as well.

Meteor is Holy-elemental.

http://sajatgep.blogdreams.hu/userfiles/33781.jpg

Surely I can't be the only one to see the resemblence?

XD!

Grendal
01-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Holy-elemental? Which version of the game?

Zeromus_X
01-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Um...every version? :p

Zeromus
01-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I think Zeromus is invincible... in spite of u can kill him in battle... the concept behind Zeromus is Hatred, and hatred won't die... never... u can destroy the physical manifestation of hatred, but hatred will always exit... Besides, he said so "I will not perish as long as there will be evil in the hearts of people"...

U can kill Zemus, but Zeromus is invincible...

I like so much Zeromus just because of his concept... i really think we were fighting hatred more than a person/lunarian character when we were on the final battle...

Uhmm, and about Meteo... Meteo is a time/space spell... that is not an elemental spell and is not holy... is a spell from time and space, just like Meteor, Ultima, Comet, and those... you can check in the spells from ffv, Meteo appears in the time magic spells group...
U can say that is because is ffv... but there are some things in common between ffs... i don't think chochobos could be an specie of birds in one ff, and in another one they would be cats xD... for example... somethings that are not clear in one ff, u can make them clear in another one... like the type of magic that Meteo is...

I think so... =P

Ogopogo
02-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I believe Meteo is fire elemental - try it on Rubicant with FuSoya in the giant

Jowy
02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Meteor is non-elemental.

Ogopogo
02-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Meteo from FFIV is elemental, i believe its fire. If you don't believe me go towards zeromus' layer and cast meteo on a blue or red dragon - it'll get absorbed. now cast flare/nuke - it wont because flare is non elemental while meteo is.

robfinalfantasy
02-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Meteor is holy elemental. I just opened the rom with a hex editor. With regards to darkness elemental, all of Cecil's dark swords deal dark elemental damage.

The hex values CA C8 64 00 05 E3 at $79ABA contain the data for the spell. The 05 means holy.

(CECIL120X
02-21-2007, 12:17 AM
If you're playing FFIV Advance, try using the Grimiores from the Lunar summons. All sorts of crazy things happen!

messed up i never tried that and my game got stolen. what kind of crazy things.

Vars
02-21-2007, 02:09 PM
I always assumed that Meteo was earth based due to the fact that it was also absorbed by the that fiend with horns whom you fought on that bridge... and he has zombies and stuff the first time you fight him. I think he was supposed to be a fiend of earth.

Mirage
02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Let's see here. Is it possible to defeat something which is invincible?
Did you defeat Zeromus?

In order to be invincible, something or someone must be impossible to defeat by anything in the entire universe. The crystal (and Cecil's spirit, whatever) weakens Zeromus. The fact that Zeromus is weakened is irrefutable proof that he is not invincible. Had he been invincible, no one would have been able to weaken, and then defeat him.

If there exists anything, no matter what it is, that can defeat someone, that someone is not invincible. Practically impossible to defeat by the majority of the creatures in the universe, sure, but that doesn't equal invincible, just pretty damned near it. :p

Sefie1999AD
02-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Did you defeat Zeromus?

In order to be invincible, something or someone must be impossible to defeat by anything in the entire universe. The crystal (and Cecil's spirit, whatever) weakens Zeromus. The fact that Zeromus is weakened is irrefutable proof that he is not invincible. Had he been invincible, no one would have been able to weaken, and then defeat him.

If there exists anything, no matter what it is, that can defeat someone, that someone is not invincible. Practically impossible to defeat by the majority of the creatures in the universe, sure, but that doesn't equal invincible, just pretty damned near it. :p

That's a good point. Besides, the Crystal makes Zeromus transform to his physical form, which can be destroyed.

Meteo from FFIV is elemental, i believe its fire. If you don't believe me go towards zeromus' layer and cast meteo on a blue or red dragon - it'll get absorbed. now cast flare/nuke - it wont because flare is non elemental while meteo is.

Meteor is not Fire-elemental. I tried casting Meteo on a Red Dragon (it absorbs Fire), and it does 9999 damage. However, Meteo heals a Blue Dragon, but then again, the Blue Dragon also absorbs Holy (it actually absorbs Fire, Ice, Lightning, Darkness, Holy and Throw). As you said, Flare actually hurts the Blue Dragon.

Zeromus_X
02-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Yes, Meteor is Holy-elemental.

Goldenboko
02-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Did you defeat Zeromus?

Read more carefully Mirage, it says "In this form".
I believe that in his blue spaghetti form he is the symbolization of pure hatred, and thus is invincible.

Mirage
02-24-2007, 07:56 AM
If his "invincible form" can be forcefully changed to a defeatable form, then I wouldn't call it invincible. That's like saying "it's impossible to break into my car, unless someone picks the lock".

darksword12
03-11-2007, 07:11 AM
I always assumed that Meteo was earth based due to the fact that it was also absorbed by the that fiend with horns whom you fought on that bridge... and he has zombies and stuff the first time you fight him. I think he was supposed to be a fiend of earth.

He was undead. I'm not sure what the undead absorb... someone else might know. I await an expert opinion!

Mirage
03-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Undead absorbs poison and dark :p.