PDA

View Full Version : The hardest game out there.

Loony BoB
12-19-2006, 10:39 PM
What is it? Feel free to split them up by genre.

The reason I ask is because I was cleaning up my flat when I found a copy of Myst III covered in dust. I've only watched someone else play this game before now, and damn, these games aren't made to be easy, that's for sure. I get the feeling I'm going to get very frustrated later on. We'll see if I can stay interested long enough. :p

And yes, yes, I know, it's not as good as the other Myst games, but hey, I don't have the other Myst games, so there you go.

Jowy
12-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Ikaruga. I can't get past the second level, and I haven't been able to since I first played it in 2002.

Dreddz
12-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Ikaruga. I can't get past the second level, and I haven't been able to since I first played it in 2002.

I never understood why people had such difficulty with Ikaruga, its a memory game. Once you've memorized everything its easy. Well not exactly easy, but beatable.

I found Last Action Hero for the Genesis pretty damn hard, I dont think people can comprehend how friggin hard that game was. And then theres the usual ones, Contra, Ninja Gaiden etc. All hard as bolts.

Eiko Guy
12-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Hardest games depend on what you mean. hard games like SO3 with weird puzzles that don't tell you what to press or where to go.
or hard games like final fantasy's that have uber hard bosses

Erdrick Holmes
12-19-2006, 11:08 PM
What the hell.

RPG-
Phantasy Star II. It was so hard I had to spend ten years trying to get past Motavia.

First Person shooter
Halo. Expect to be killed... alot in this game.

Fighting
Virtua Fighter 4. As EoFF's fighting game veteran, I'm pulling my own hair out trying to play this game and get a high rank on Kumite mode

Loony BoB
12-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Hardest games depend on what you mean. hard games like SO3 with weird puzzles that don't tell you what to press or where to go.
or hard games like final fantasy's that have uber hard bosses
I wouldn't call that hard. Everyone knows what to do, it just takes a lot of time to do it (ie, wandering around beating the crap out of monsters for a long time). I'm talking hard like being unable to figure out how to do it, or unable to do it even knowing what you have to do because what you have to do is so hard.

Polnareff
12-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Fighting
Virtua Fighter 4. As EoFF's fighting game veteran, I'm pulling my own hair out trying to play this game and get a high rank on Kumite mode

Really? What rank are you at now? It didn't take me that long to get a pretty high rank, but then again I played for at least a few hours each day.

Contra 3 on GBA is the hardest side-scrolling game I've ever played. It's basically a harder Alien Wars. No smart bombs, no continues, and the overhead levels were replaced with some Contra: Hard Corps levels. It's truly the hardest Contra yet. No ifs, ands, or buts. I even found the very first game easier.

Mega Man & Bass is really flipping difficult too. I mean, Capcom made both characters cripples. Mega Man can shoot real well but jumps like an elephant on a planet with 3x gravity (bad for platforming, and some platforms are nigh-impossible without a good jump) and Bass has to stand still to shoot and can't charge his buster (bad for those bosses that like to run and jump around for the whole battle). Took me years to beat the Super Famicom version. I can make the game my, er, "female dog" now though.

Roto13
12-19-2006, 11:18 PM
I don't know about hardest game ever, but Shinobi for PS2 made me want to cry tears of blood.

Viewtiful Joe on the hardest difficulty was no picnic either.

LunarWeaver
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I always thought the original Mario and Zelda and Mega Man 2 were hard as all hell. But my reflexes are nonexistent and there should be laws against me trying to play sidescrolling games. I used to play this top-down shooter on the NES called Legendary Wings that kicked my ass as well.

As for new games, Devil May Cry 3 (the non special edition), Shinobi, and Vagrant Story all frustrated me with difficulty and quit being fun.

Edit: I think Pong is hard too :hahaha:

Araciel
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
original frogger....man that game makes my butt hurt

PhoenixAsh
12-19-2006, 11:24 PM
The extreme challenges in Spider-Man 2 are pretty tough, though not in a massively frustrating or unfair way so they get praise. I also just love that game :D

I'm sure this has to go to some old game where you couldn't save and things were just generally frickin' impossible though :)

Polnareff
12-19-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't know about hardest game ever, but Shinobi for PS2 made me want to cry tears of blood.

Only real trouble I had with that game was with the dogs with swords in their mouths. I hated those things.

Devil May Cry 3 was nowhere near hard for me (except Heaven or Hell mode) and I played through all the difficulty modes. In fact I was mad that Capcom didn't make it much harder than the first and second games. SE watered down the difficulty even more.

But the reason that I probably found DMC3 easy was because of Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. Seriously, that game will make you a better action gamer because of all the crap it puts you through.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Still (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=93738).