PDA

View Full Version : Where in blazes is my snow!?

KentaRawr!
12-20-2006, 12:29 AM
It has only snowed once where I live. Only ONCE, and by the time I got home from school, it all melted.

Why must it be so warm where I live? Why can't the temperature go below 20 Farenheit? ARGH!

How much does it snow where you live? Do you dislike or like the lack/great abundance of snow where you live? Where do you live? ;) Why do you think it's so gosh darned warm/cold?

Discussion beginzorz.

LunarWeaver
12-20-2006, 12:30 AM
I live in Indiana, and it snows way too much in the winter. I hate snow because I get really cold very easily and I'm a total wuss. Wussy people like me do not go well with the cold. Cold flake things should not fall from the sky. I feel like the clouds are mocking me by pissing cold white fluff all over me. Die snow, die.

Tavrobel
12-20-2006, 12:31 AM
I hear it snowed boatloads in Utah and Texas.

I don't get it. Where's my snow; as least you got one snowfall! I live in Maryland and it's not THAT far south.

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Really? I have wondered that same thing. It usually always snows in Pennsylvania. We didn't get ANY snow yet. Last year, we got snow right before thanksgiving. Now this year, It's like a rare accasion for snow. LoL, Oh well. It'll come soon. Lets all go get our shovels and butterknives and clean the snow! :P

Rye
12-20-2006, 12:44 AM
It's so warm in New York lately, I doubt we'll get any snow for a while. We had one day where it was below 20, I think. It's been in the 50s and even once day when it was 60 for the past week or two. :p

LoveArya
12-20-2006, 12:45 AM
lol i live in Georgia, and we rarely get snow anymore....maybe i should move back to Montana

Rocket Edge
12-20-2006, 12:46 AM
I wish we had snow. :(

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 12:46 AM
LoL, Do that. If you still go to school. Every kid would like a day off. :)

LoveArya
12-20-2006, 12:52 AM
I was born in Montana, and my dad still lives there......hmmmm....ill hide in a suitcase....or I can just wait till this summer when i see him again

JaytodaP
12-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Same here in massachusetts. It snowed twice, but once it was just a mixture of rain. And not even bad enough for a cancellation. I wish it was cancelled, i had a math test i completely bombed.

RiseToFall
12-20-2006, 01:06 AM
It has only snowed once where I live. Only ONCE, and by the time I got home from school, it all melted.

Why must it be so warm where I live? Why can't the temperature go below 20 Farenheit? ARGH!

How much does it snow where you live? Do you dislike or like the lack/great abundance of snow where you live? Where do you live? ;) Why do you think it's so gosh darned warm/cold?

Discussion beginzorz.

Same thing here. *looks at location* I think I know why.

Spammerman
12-20-2006, 02:10 AM
It's so warm in New York lately, I doubt we'll get any snow for a while. We had one day where it was below 20, I think. It's been in the 50s and even once day when it was 60 for the past week or two. :p

Same, but for Conn.

Loony BoB
12-20-2006, 02:16 AM
I live in a city and commute to work. I don't like it when it snows.

It only snows in the Springtime, anyway.

LoveArya
12-20-2006, 02:19 AM
Its like summer down here in Georgia. I go around in shorts and a tank top its so warm:eek:

Araciel
12-20-2006, 02:45 AM
same thing in southern ontario...did snow a bit today but not a substantial amount...

ground's still not frozen yet

supposed to get cold after this weekend...but maybe we're in that twilight zone where the world is drifting closer to the sun...O NOSE!

LoveArya
12-20-2006, 02:49 AM
It flurries everynow and then, but melts when it lands on my nose:( :(

Roto13
12-20-2006, 03:06 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/100_0481_resize.jpg

SilverWind
12-20-2006, 03:17 AM
I live in Indiana also, but I wish it would snow! I mean, what's winter without snow? Where in blazes is my snow!?

Odaisé Gaelach
12-20-2006, 03:17 AM
I live in Ireland. We don't get snow, just freezing rain. :(

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-20-2006, 04:02 AM
I saw....One snowflake this whole Winter. Or maybe it was just my imagination.

But without snow, I have no reason to drink Eggnog and that gets me in a bad mood. :mad:

SammieBabe
12-20-2006, 04:14 AM
We don't get snow in Florida and I love it. Its been in the 70's and 80's for the last two weeks, and will continue for the next few days at least. I'm seriously considering going to the beach on Christmas Day.
Of course it makes it hard to get into the "Holiday Spirit" when you're wearing flip flops every day...

Shoeberto
12-20-2006, 04:16 AM

Discussion beginzorz.
I think you and I live relatively close and I'm totally feeling you on this. It's aggrivating. It'd better pick up after Christmas break so we can get some days off of school!

Moon Rabbits
12-20-2006, 04:21 AM
I live in Canada (Southern Ontario), so my winters can get pretty harsh, but it's nothing compared to Albertan winters. Or go further north to the territories, but it's always cold there or something.

Global warming has caused it to only snow once this year, and I've been walking outside in a hoodie and tshirt all winter, rarely wearing my winter coat. It's too warm for Christmas :(!

Freya
12-20-2006, 04:32 AM
I walk out of my house yesterday night and asked, "Hey when did it snow?" And the next thought that popped into my head was "where's my ice scrapper...." Stupid snow makes the roads icy and I have too drive 80 miles a day to and from school. Stupid snow. As LunarWeaver put it "Die snow, die."

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-20-2006, 04:33 AM
My sister keeps saying it's Global Warming! >_< How irritating of her.

Maybe if we hold an Ancient Native Ritual...Like the rain dance...Except, for snow.

(EDIT: That is, for those of us who don't have snow and NEED IT. D: )

Takara
12-20-2006, 04:42 AM
Well, global warming does affect the weather. So even if she is irritating, your sister does make a point.

It's snowed twice here. The second time being tonight. I'm Canadian, I can't stand warm winters! >_< Winter should be about snow and cold winds, not about damn mosquitoes and flies flying around as if nothing was wrong.

Yuffie514
12-20-2006, 05:00 AM
very few parts of Arizona snows, and it doesn't snow in winter like Canada. while i have lived in very cold places before, i rather be under the comfort of the sun.

Hambone
12-20-2006, 06:15 AM
I live in Texas, so yeah, no snow here and it sucks. :mad2:

Pike
12-20-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm in Montana.

There's snow all over the place.

Lots and lots and lots ^__^

(Less than usual this year, though. But still quite a bit.)

Tasura
12-20-2006, 06:22 AM
I live in the Maritimes of Canada, there SHOULD be a foot+ of snow, there might be half a centimeter, I remember years ago when snow storms lasted for 2 or more days, now we're lucky to get snow that sticks for that long.

Christmas
12-20-2006, 06:25 AM
I live in the LAND OF HATRED. There isn't any snow here currently,but if NANNY MANUS passes by, it will snow so heavily that it will bury him along with a whole town alive. :bigsmile:

Shlup
12-20-2006, 06:48 AM
It snowed here last year for like five minutes. It was slush, but it counts nonetheless. Second time in my life.

Chemical
12-20-2006, 03:21 PM
The snow is late here.
Usually by this time there's 1/2 a foot... we maybe had flurries a couple of weeks ago. The end.

Ouch!
12-20-2006, 03:43 PM
I live outside of Chicago. We had about a foot a while back, but it's all gone now.

I hate snow, by the way.

Chloe.
12-20-2006, 04:46 PM
It hasn't snowed here yet this year. :( It only snowed for like half a day last year. :bigsmile:

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-20-2006, 10:54 PM
I hate snow, by the way.

You know what's REALLY odd? I hate snow too! I can't stand going outside when it's that cold (especially since I always walk up to the market for groceries) but lately it's been like...Bad.

What with all the horrible things going on around the house and my refusal to listen to Christmas Music to listen to it, it's as if it were still Fall. Just...colder.

Kamiko
12-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Georgia burns up all of my beloved snow.
I can no longer look at the forecasts and plan to trap people inside because of the blizzard that's coming.
It's quite disappointing.

Roto13
12-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I love snow. As you can see by the picture I posted, we get a lot of it. Some years. :P

Zeldy
12-21-2006, 05:11 PM
We used to regularly get snow at this time when I was really little, I have fond memories of making snowmen, and tobaginning. It didn't snow last year, or the year before, or the year before that, I doubt it will snow this year.

Where I live, we have Wales to the south, Scotland to the North, and the Midlands to the east. They hog all the snow :(
I wish for snow every year. Its another reason Im so content on living in Finland!

Old Manus
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Until about three years ago, it would snow about once every 10 or so years, now it's snowed heavily every year since. CLIMATE CHANGE FTW

snacks
12-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Southern Cali = no snow.

Although it's been cold enough to feel like it should snow.
I can't believe I ever claimed to be from back east.

Breine
12-21-2006, 06:25 PM
It hasn't snowed in Denmark either, and they say that it won't be snowing at Christmas Eve either. It's just too bad - I miss looking out of the window at Christmas Eve and just seeing a lot of snow everywhere... it's been quite some years since that has happened :(

Samuraid
12-21-2006, 06:51 PM
I rarely ever snows in southern California. The best we get is occasional ice on the roof and driveway, or a tiny bit of slushy-excuse-for-snow.

However, the Mojave desert (about an hour or so away) does get a fair amount of snow, so thankfully it's not too far away.

Dreddz
12-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Just cold here.

Ashley Schovitz
12-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Armageddon's coming that's why it's been so warm not a single drop of snow here in Virginia and we only had one snowfall last winter. It's global warming, it's finally catching up to us.

LoveArya
12-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Armageddon's coming that's why it's been so warm not a single drop of snow here in Virginia and we only had one snowfall last winter. It's global warming, it's finally catching up to us.

Thats what everyones saying, and its pretty scary. If peple took better care of our environment, then we could have delayed it a bit. Or so I think