PDA

View Full Version : Masamune

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering. Where can i get the masamune? I know you can get it as a Bazaar from what i heard. But i heard you can also get it from a hunt. What hunt? :)

LunarWeaver
12-20-2006, 12:48 AM
It's the hunt with the "Mystery Man", called Battle on the Big Bridge I think actually. Gilgamesh, in other words. To do it, you first need to do the Antlion hunt. A kid will drop a key, and then you can go the Hunter's Camp on Phon Cost and find it up on this hill, shining next to a guy.

Grab it and take the Hunt and head to the Lhusu mines to fight him. Montblanc should hock over that Masamune when he's beat. I'd make sure you're a fairly spiffy level, though, because he's not really easy.

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Hey, Thanks. I'll try. It's not that hard to level up too about 99. Just need a week off from school. LoL

LunarWeaver
12-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Oh my :O I think I did him in my 60's with bubble belts on, so as long as you're up there you should be good to go. You have to fight him in twice, and the first time he is easy and the second...not so much.

Also, he goes through "phases" as you fight him, and a small cutscene will take place to let you know you're in the next one, where he whips out a new weapon or speaks or something. During the last two phases during both fights you can steal the Genji equipment from him, so you might want to make sure you just steal like mad from him until you get them. Really, only the Genji glove (stolen during the second fight) is worth it in my opinion though.

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 01:06 AM
Iight man. Ill try that. Im not too far off. Im at LV.41 with my main characters.

MisterPoe
12-20-2006, 04:19 PM
I managed to beat this mark at around the mid-40's. The thing to keep in mind about this guy is that he casts alot of level specific status effects. IE: Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4. If you make sure your levels are not divisible by those numbers, you will have a significantly easier time.... It may actually be more difficult to get to his location than it is to defeat him.

Either way, be ready for a long but entertaining fight.... I really enjoyed that one.

ALSO!

Masamune + Genji Glove + Haste + Bravery + Beserk = :love:

Dell
12-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Listen to the music too.