PDA

View Full Version : Behold the idiocy of XBox customer support!

JaytodaP
12-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Okay, let's invade my privacy by reading my email

Recently i emailed the xbox live customer support for help in connecting to xbox live. It would not let me connect at all, so i had to ask the idiots over at microsoft for help.

my question:

Subject: Xbox Live:help getting connected

Service:
Xbox Live

What type of problem do you have?
help getting connected

Full Name:
Jake Pon..........

What e-mail address would you like a response sent to?
jakedasnake3312@aim.com

Be specific when describing your problem. The details that you include enable us to promptly send you the most likely solution to your issue.
Im having a problem connecting to xbox live on my 360, i dont think it I can get on for some strange reason. I tried connecting like i normally do and it said Signing In for about ten minutes. I pressed B to exit the sign in screen, then it just froze up. Is XBL having a problem or going through repairs? Or is my xbox360 screwed up?

Okay, i think thats as specific as i get it..... let me bold the service and the subject of the email....

Service:
Xbox Live

What type of problem do you have?
help getting connected

the response:

Hello Jake,

Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support.

I do apologize for the inconvenience when you are playing a game on the Xbox video game system; the game consistently stops responding (freezes) at the same point. Try these troubleshooting steps in order to resolve your problem:

1. Hold disc by the edges without touching the surface with your fingers. Clean the disc with a soft cloth, lightly wiping from the center outwards. Do not use solvents or chemicals to clean the disc. Examine the disc for any visible signs of damage.

2. Verify whether the Xbox console clock is set correctly.
Turn on the Xbox console without a disc in the drive.
Press the directional pad up or down to select Main Menu, and then press A.
Press the directional pad up or down to select Settings, and then press A.
Press the directional pad up or down to select Clock, and then press A.

3. Try to play the game again. If this does not work, you can try to clear the game cache on the Xbox hard disk. If you have a Xbox Memory Unit available, copy the game cache for this game from the Xbox hard disk to a memory unit:
a. Insert a memory unit into a controller connected to your Xbox console.
b. Open the disc tray and remove any disc, if present.
c. Close the disc tray and re-start your Xbox console.
d. Select Memory from the main Xbox Dashboard, and then press the A button.
e. Select Xbox Hard Disk, and then press the A button.
f. Locate and select the game you want to back up in the list of games.
g. Select the appropriate save game icon. T
h. Press the A button to display the Copy/Delete menu for the save game.
i. Select Save, and then press the A button.
j. Press the A button again to save to the appropriate memory unit.
k. As soon as the copy is complete, press the B button to return to the list of save games.
l. Repeat these steps as needed to back up your other saved games for this game.
If you do not have a memory unit, deleting the game cache removes your progress in the game, high scores, and other information. To find the game cache, follow these steps: a. Open the disc tray and remove the any disk, if present.
b. Close the disc tray and re-start your Xbox console.
c. Select the Memory option from the Dashboard.
d. Select the Xbox Hard Disk.
e. Locate and select the game in the list of games.

4. Select the large game icon to the left of the list and press the A button.
5. Press the A button again to delete the game cache file.
6. Select Yes to permanently delete the game cache, and then press the A button.
7. Confirm that the icon is no longer listed, and then re-start your Xbox console.
8. Insert the game disc, and then either load your latest saved game from the memory unit, or play the game from the beginning.

If this troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, the disc may be defective. Try exchanging it at the place of purchase. If you have already done this, it may be a hardware issue that requires repair. Contact our phone support for immediate repair of your console

Sincerely,
Norman
Xbox Customer Care Team

I hate you Norman. Not only does this NOT solve my problem, its not even close to the topic.

Thank you for reading my question. Not only do i pay for this, but when it breaaks down, I have some complete IDIOT that has no idea about anything help me..... YAAAAYYY!

nik0tine
12-20-2006, 01:07 AM
I can't wait for Joel to see this.

Rye
12-20-2006, 01:09 AM
I can't wait for Joel to see this.

nik, you beat me to it! ;_;

Tavrobel
12-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Greatest help thread ever.

JaytodaP
12-20-2006, 01:27 AM
has Joel had a simmilar problem? and should this be moved to general gaming?

Araciel
12-20-2006, 01:43 AM
i had a hecueva time dealing with the...less than competent...people at microsoft customer support.

my console froze repeatedly and at one point it just stopped working altogether...they first responded with advice that i had used, and included in my e mail, saying i had checked and double checked it all ...i know it's procedure for them to weed out the dullards, still it's a little insulting to think i wouldn't check my connections before writing an e mail...anyway a couple of days back and forth of this triage on the net and phone led them to suggest i send my xbox in for service...i did this, they apparently isolated the problem, and i had my xbox back after about a 10 day period...my xbox live was reimbursed via a card that gave me one free month.

after a couple of days of great playing, same thing happened...i called to let them know and see what we could do, the BOY on the other end of the line said they no longer had my case on file so we had to go through the basic triage again...it ended with me sending it a second time, and they replaced my machine with a new one, including a free KAMEO in the mix...i promplty sold kameo.

after playing for a week, the new machine began to crash and i decided to take it back to wal mart to get my money back...unfortunately since i had a new machine and the serial numbers did not match my receipt, i was accused of fraud and had to talk to the police.

after all of this i called MS customer care and let them know how i felt....sucks.

JaytodaP
12-20-2006, 01:57 AM
If i send them a hate mail degrading and humiliating norman, using various curse words and insults, would my xbox live be disabled?

Rye
12-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Probably not, but you'd be a pretty sucky person, because he's just trying to help.

Araciel
12-20-2006, 01:58 AM
doubt it...just call them...it's easier to get through your problems...though how much easier is negligible

JaytodaP
12-20-2006, 01:59 AM
Probably not, but you'd be a pretty sucky person, because he's just trying to help.

You call that help?

Spammerman
12-20-2006, 02:04 AM

You call that help?

No. The keyword is trying.

Araciel
12-20-2006, 02:10 AM
it's easy to say "what a dummy, he doesn't even know what i asked" but if i were looking at e mails all day of pretty much the same question, all worded almost the same, i don't know that i wouldn't mess up in the same way...i'm not saying it's excusable, but it's a simple matter to call the toll free number and let them know that one of their CC personnel misread an e mail, and to tell them what the real problem was...that's what i did and they did everything they could to try and fix it...unfortunately, the products i were receiving were either faulty or by some unforseen force were rendered unable to function.

the issue i have with them is they won't refund anything...policy or no, i'm unsatisfied with the product and one replacement wouldn't even function...now i'm no longer under warranty...after the warranty period is up, it's up! they can wash their hands of the whole thing..woo hoo 600 dollar paper weight