PDA

View Full Version : Squall = Emo

Besimudo
12-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Yep. If Charlie from Street Fighter Alpha can wear Cargoes before they were cool, then Squall can also be an emo before that sub-culture was cool.

In 1995, Charlie the dead friend of Guile donned Cargoes - Chronologically, SFverese this was the 1980's. Charlie was way cool for his time! Guile on the other hand was too A - teamism to be cool. There is a parallel with Zell and Guile. Charlie also is seen drinking scotch - another point for him.

In 1998, Squall was closing the God damn door before the song was released.

Please talk about any characters who were cool before their time. Cloud might have been cool if FF7 was released in the 1980's but by 1997, environmentalism had already been done by the super-man clone captain planet.

I do not think there are many. The character needs to be very cool. people need to say, that dude is cool. Squall and Charlie have been considered so for many years, especially when the games were released.

The guy from Devil May Cry is too Neo from Matrix who is too much like Ghost in the Shell.

The People from Ghost in the Shell were Cool but Neo was not. Neo was a bit of a try hard.

Note: Emo has been a sub-culture since 1981. It has only been cool, however, since the younger siblings of the early 80's reached their teens.

LunarWeaver
12-20-2006, 02:40 AM
I don't know whose second account you are, but you're like the second coming of Devil Man or something.

And this forum should officially put the word emo in the word filter and make it into something like "Richard Simmons" so people get confused and stop using it.

Besimudo
12-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Luna, my use of emo was au courant!

What something is and what it ought to be are about as good as meaning and being.

Sure, I could have One Last Wish and hope everyone was as articulate but that might start a Fire Party. ;)

But at least we won't be burining down the house! LOL

Ryushikaze
12-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Please don't compare the Matrix to Ghost in the Shell.

It implies that Matrix might be in the same echelon, and that's just a disservice to GITS.

And I wouldn't call Squall emo. He doesn't complain nearly enough, and his issues are, y'know, justified.

Lord Rimoah
12-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Squall, to me, is the ONLY rational person in the game and seems to not only do it but WANT to get things done.

It's like everyone else only half a brain and still can't figure out how to rub two nickels together!

Laguna for President? Apologize to Rinoa in the middle of a mission? Put a 17 year old in charge of a Garden without a license to drive?

Honestly, though, Squall was the only sensible character in game but the choices yer left with are what makes him seem so lame... The choices are lame, him... not so much.

LunarWeaver
12-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Squall doesn't really complain that much to me. Or even seem that sad. He admits later he's only mean to people because he's scared of what others think of him, so he'd rather be alone and not have to be paranoid about it (until he discovers letting Rinoa in leads to good things and all that). That's really just insecure not emo. :jess:

Christmas
12-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Does being a Slughead (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=95356) make you emo? :(

Rocket Edge
12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't get any of this.

MJN SEIFER
12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
He isn't one. As he has reasons, I'm doubtful that "Emos" exist in real life anyway, and if they do. There not really upset about anything. If they were they would be too sad to impose a name for them selves

Mirage
12-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Uh, emos exist in the real world. Dunno where you got that from.

rubah
12-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Squall isn't emo, he's too isolationist. Emos love to be alone in groups.

MJN SEIFER
12-20-2006, 07:37 PM

Check what I said. I don't believe there are any true emos.

If you are that depressed you wouldn't going around claiming you're emo. You'd be too...umm...DEPRESSED to do that.

LunarWeaver
12-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I think the UN needs to make an emergency meeting to decide the actual definition of "emo" once and for all. All the debate will be solved that way. To the red phone, Mr. President!~

LoveArya
12-20-2006, 08:01 PM
He's not Emo.
As Lunar said, hes just afraid everyones going to "disappear". He's just insecure and doesnt want to get close to anyone (then Rinoa comes and "saves him") and everythings ok again and then he promises to trust people more and get close with his friends.

Mirage
12-20-2006, 08:44 PM

Check what I said. I don't believe there are any true emos.

If you are that depressed you wouldn't going around claiming you're emo. You'd be too...umm...DEPRESSED to do that.
They're there even though they don't promote their existence.

*~Angel Wing~*
12-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Squall doesn't really complain that much to me. Or even seem that sad. He admits later he's only mean to people because he's scared of what others think of him, so he'd rather be alone and not have to be paranoid about it (until he discovers letting Rinoa in leads to good things and all that). That's really just insecure not emo. :jess:
THANK YOU!!! :up: :kaohappy2

You took the words right out of my mouth. :thumb:

SQUALL IS NOT EMO!!! :nonono: :hot: :frust: SQUALL IS AWESOME!!! :heart: :jess: :kaolove2:

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-20-2006, 11:08 PM
So then everyone has come to an agreement!

Squall is NOT Gay Emo.

I mean, come on. If you remember correctly, when Seifer is first torturing him for the meaning of SEED, if you keep resisting, the man starts talking about flowers and spreading joy... or something along those lines. Squall... if he can talk about such things... I'm pretty sure he's not Emo. XD

*~Angel Wing~*
12-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Squall is NOT Gay Emo.
:rolleyes2

I mean, come on. If you remember correctly, when Seifer is first torturing him for the meaning of SEED, if you keep resisting, the man starts talking about flowers and spreading joy... or something along those lines. Squall... if he can talk about such things... I'm pretty sure he's not Emo. XD
lol :D

MJN SEIFER
01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
While I still think "Emo" is more of a self inposed system rather than a propper system; If Squall's emo simply because he has a depressing background and reacts to his new one based on his past, then paractically every FF main is emo!!

Cecil: I'm suposed to be an evil knight, but I don't want to - NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!

Bartz: Everyone I knew died before I...Um....KNEW them! - NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!

Locke: I'm dating a dead person - NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!

Cloud: I don't know who the **** I am! - NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!

Zidane: The queen won't go out with me - - NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!

Tidus: My dad's a complet ass hole! - NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!

LanceOfTime
12-21-2007, 10:24 PM
emo...squall? no....squall made sure he didnt have anyone to lose...he was protecting himself from pain....completely understandable......emos are whiny people that wear a lot of make up and consider Atreyu the most hardcore band in all of existence.....oh and dont go and try to talk to your emo friend about ur problems...he will just start talking about his own and basking in his pain.....when quistis was talking to squall about her problems....he says "are you done?"....a little different :)...people wail on squall so hard :(....leaders ...warriors....main characters should be badass...unlike tidus and the guy from FF12...they wore short shorts and had femi-voices

Jessweeee♪
12-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Emu does not wear fluffy collar coat o.o

I don't know whose second account you are, but you're like the second coming of Devil Man or something.

And this forum should officially put the word emo in the word filter and make it into something like "Richard Simmons" so people get confused and stop using it.

That is the best idea ever since corn flakes o_o

rubah
12-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Lol, please make sure you are not posting in threads that have been dead for 1 year. We don't like it :[