PDA

View Full Version : HYPER COMBO FINISH!

Jowy
12-20-2006, 03:33 AM
K.O.

Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes. Do you play? If so, your teams of choice to smash the competition?

I primarily play Guile, Sakura, and Morrigan. I'll occasionally swap out Sakura for Jin, but his air combo isn't exactly the best in the game.

Strider
12-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Oh, hell yeah, dude! This is one of my favorite games!

I love me some Strider (obviously), but I like to use a lot of other characters as well... I don't know if you could say I have one set team that's better than the others, but the trio I use the most often is Strider, Jin and Venom.

Vermachtnis
12-20-2006, 04:08 AM
I've wasted so much money in the arcade :D

My favorite Team is Megaman, Tron Bonne, and Servebot. Everybody hates when I use Servebot. I'm not particularly good with Servebot, but I bounce around alot and weedle their HP away.

XxSephirothxX
12-20-2006, 04:23 AM
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is a total blast. Crazy button mashing at its finest. There are a lot of characters I like, but often I'll go with Captain Commando, Jin, and Iron Man. There was also some guy with a sword I used a lot (Hayato, maybe?).

BatChao
12-20-2006, 04:58 AM
I used to play a lot. My team was mainly Jill, Ken, and Cammy. Sometimes I'd switch one of them out for Psylocke.

RiseToFall
12-20-2006, 06:54 AM
I only play Capcom vs. SNK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is just too frantic and messy for my tastes.

Black Mage FF1
12-20-2006, 07:00 AM
I only play Capcom vs. SNK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is just too frantic and messy for my tastes.

Yeah I agree. MvsC2 is just a button mashing game. Or who can outlast the others non stop specials.

Wolf Kanno
12-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I prefer the first one but I had a blast when I did play this one. Morrigan, Hayato, and Cable were my party (god is cable a cheap @#!$%^&). It is button mashing but sometimes you need something over the top, besides it combined my love of Marvel with Capcom. I just wish they put X or Zero in one of them.

Of course later I found Guilty Gear and I got my over the top gameplay and moves with the finesse of traditional Fighting games so all is good:D

Polnareff
12-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I don't play seriously anymore, so I just pick Strider, Jin, and Tron Bonne usually now. If Capcom had really balanced this game it would have been the best fighting game ever.

Button mashy? If you win against someone by button mashing it means they suck. No ifs, ands, or buts. You can't button mash in MvC2 and expect to win, especially against a good team (or a god team that consists of three of the big four).

Dreddz
12-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I never really liked MvC2, dunno why. My team would usually be Guile, Cyclops and Strider. Probably not the best team but I moved on from MvC2 before I could care.

Crossblades
12-20-2006, 05:58 PM
My team composed of Hayato, Iron Man, and Ice Man. The game is great, but it had terrible music:eep:

Lionx
12-20-2006, 11:00 PM
MvC2 while fundamentally a broken game, is not button mashing. It requires rushdown and usage of assists to control space then get the guy down in a massive damage infinite/combo. If you cant keep the pace you cant win this game....especially if you lose one character, then you go down a slippery slope since you lose that assist. But if they button mash to win, then you suck...most good fighting games arent button mashers at all...

The problem i have is..if you dont choose any of these characters :

Cable, Storm, Magneto, Sentinel, Capt Commando Anti Air Assist, Spiral, Cyclops, Iron Man, Strider(only with Dr. Doom Assist), or Dr. Doom or Tron Bonne...you are pretty much boned in high level play. Thats what kept me from playing this game alot. I use Spiral Sentinel, Cable(spiral sent trap ftw), and Iron Man, Capt Commando Anti Air Assist, and Cable when i do play however.

Who loves triple Hyper Vipers?! Gogo Tiger Knee motion which links your super into your OWN super...sooo broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FLu3fzC40

What an Answer Dx..for $6000 money match.

I too prefer Capcom vs SNK 2 over this game...as well as Guilty Gear XX Slash and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike.