PDA

View Full Version : best value for money?

chrisfffan
12-20-2006, 07:48 AM
I think the final fantasy series is the best value for money games out there! theirs so much you can do and it takes ages who agrees?

RiseToFall
12-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Yes and no.

If you're talking about straight up single player games then my answer would yes. FF games or RPG's in general have very long play time and it's pretty easy to see why that is. There is no way a single player action game could compete (in terms of play time) with any RPG.

Now if you would take a game such as Halo, which has a decently long campaign mode but also has cooperative/multiplayer/online modes, then my answer would be no. I racked in more hours playing Halo with my buddies than any FF game.

-Also, I never really played any MMO games, but from what I've heard, people are putting in crazy hours into these type of games.

chrisfffan
12-20-2006, 07:07 PM
where is this thread now?

LunarWeaver
12-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Diablo II is the best value for me :jess:. It went longer than any Final Fantasy game I own. The game goes on forever and ever online and it's free to play. And the skill name Bone Spear never gets old. Never I say.

Dreddz
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Im the kinda person who spends hours upon hours into a fighting game. So they would of been the best value for money in my case, not the same with everybody however, most would get the most out of RPG's. Dark Chronicle is good value, as is FFX.

Roto13
12-20-2006, 09:21 PM
The two Final Fantasy Tactics games have a lot of play in them, and they're fun too. I don't think I have a single game that I've played more than Smash Bros. Melee, though. Every time I have company, in it goes.

Ryth
12-21-2006, 05:10 AM
The Elder Scrolls series. Talk about bang for your buck.

Final Fantasy is of course very worthwhile as well.

Shoeberto
12-21-2006, 05:37 AM
A copy of Half-life 1 can net you Counter-strike, Team Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic, Day of Defeat, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Sven Coop, etc. etc. etc. etc. All fantastic, by the way.

Laddy
12-21-2006, 05:40 AM
FF and DW, but, YOU MUST GET BALDUR'S GATE II! YOU MUST! IT'S SO CHEAP IN ALL OF IT'S PCRPG GLORY!

Madame Adequate
12-21-2006, 06:05 AM
The Elder Scrolls series. Talk about bang for your buck.

TES is good enough anyway. When you have the PC versions, and get mods...

Whoa.

Edit: Fallout and Fallout II are great as well. Can't think of many other games which are so replayable and which change so profoundly depending on your stats and skills.

RiseToFall
12-21-2006, 06:28 AM
A copy of Half-life 1 can net you Counter-Strike

Most addicting game ever.

KH-Cloudy
12-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Counter-Strike is the best thing money can get for me :) So fun..shooting xP

Markus. D
12-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Im the kinda person who spends hours upon hours into a fighting game. So they would of been the best value for money in my case