PDA

View Full Version : Is this the funniest Final Fantasy?

Vermachtnis
12-20-2006, 06:05 PM
There is just a bunch of random stuff thrown in here. The first funny thing that happened was the dancer telling the player to dance and then there is one of Butz friends telling us that he is smart "S-M-R-T Smart".

There is just so much, what did you guys find funny?

Let's not forget that Sage contacting Cara "Psycotically", oh Butz you are the man.

Flying Mullet
12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I love the new script for the GBA. The random stuff that Galuf says cracks me up. :D

Crossblades
12-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Hell Yeah, it's funny! SE made Bartz's and Galuf's personality more humorous. This was favorite part so far

Cid: Yeah, that Lobster got served!

Batrz: With Cheese biscuits and mashed potatoes!

Elpizo
12-20-2006, 07:43 PM
"Oh my stars and commets! He's a SHE!"
With those 0_o looks on their faces made the scene priceless. :D

"Yes they are weapons! Yes they are legendary! And yes, there are even twelve of them!"
I lol'd. :D

Just to make a long quoting-from-the-game-story short: Galuf is da man.

But his lines in more serious scenes are priceless as well. I'm hinting at a certain scene in a certain forest in a certain tree. <_<

Flying Mullet
12-20-2006, 09:08 PM
It seems that the localization team knew that this wasn't the biggest item on SE's plate and decided to have some fun with the script. While the script's not as serious as usual I'm definitely enjoying it more. :)

eestlinc
12-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Hell Yeah, it's funny! SE made Bartz's and Galuf's personality more humorous. This was favorite part so far

red lobster cheese biscuits are legendary.

Flying Mullet
12-21-2006, 01:56 PM

red lobster cheese biscuits are legendary.
But only when served.

Zeromus_X
12-21-2006, 01:58 PM
"Oh my stars and comets! HE'S A SHE!!"

"Let her go, you addle-pate, foul-complexioned scofflaw!"

Yes, this new script wins. No more 'd'arrrrs' from Faris thanks.

boys from the dwarf
12-21-2006, 03:09 PM
i look forwards to the GBA script but i did find the PS version funny.

for some reason the "crap!" bartz says when X-death returns near the end of world one makes me laugh and also some of the stuff about bartz not liking hights.

everyone in the game seems to have a sense of humour.

Firo Volondé
12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Bartz does seem to say crap a lot. Like when they are ambushed by one monster, he says "What the crap was that!?"

Zeromus_X
12-22-2006, 01:43 AM
"That overgrown lobster just got served!"

"With cheese AND crackers too!"

xDDDDDD

I literally laughed out loud when I read that.

Avarice-ness
12-22-2006, 05:34 AM
I chuckled when Mid went "What the.. Bartz?!" 'cause I read it "What the Bartz?!"

Sefie1999AD
12-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Galuf's lines are pretty funny in FFVA, but Bartz's aren't too bad, either. I haven't got very far in the game, but here's one:

BARTZ: "Yo-ho-ho, and stuff! Time to cast off!" (when trying to commandeer Faris' ship)

Crossblades
12-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Galuf's lines are pretty funny in FFVA, but Bartz's aren't too bad, either. I haven't got very far in the game, but here's one:

BARTZ: "Yo-ho-ho, and stuff! Time to cast off!" (when trying to commandeer Faris' ship)

That was another one of my favorite parts. He also said that when he got control of the airship for the first time:)

Rufinito18
12-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Yea, this game cracked me up many times. When Bartz hits on Faris... ROFL.

Yea...I think it made good change from the YOU MUST SAVE THE WORLD, YOU CAN'T HAVE FUN attitude.
Its certainly a lighthearted game. Even the end with Gilgamesh, he jokes around. x_X
Love him.

Sefie1999AD
12-23-2006, 06:08 PM
*SPOILERS!*

When the party is about to head into the water areas in the Ship Graveyard and Faris protests about getting soaked, Bartz says, "What, are you going to melt or something? Come on!" :D

"Oh my stars and commets! He's a SHE!"
With those 0_o looks on their faces made the scene priceless. :D

I saw that scene yesterday, and it was hilarious! Both Bartz and Galuf's reactions were funny there.

GALUF: "Are you crazy, boy? You'll catch pneumonia in those wet things!"

Then:

BARTZ: "Yeow! Lenna -- this -- he --"
GALUF: "Oh, my stars and comets! HE'S A SHE!"
FARIS: "Well -- maybe I am! You got a problem with it!?"

And finally,

FARIS: "Well, would YOU want to be the only girl on a ship full of pirates?"
BARTZ: "... Ah, right. Yeah."

So far I've been glad with the way the script has been.

Elpizo
12-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh yeah, why doesn't anybody say how awesome Gilgamesh is in this one?

Gilgamesh: And now we figth like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh, it is morphing time!

I lol'd. :D

Zeromus_X
12-23-2006, 07:25 PM
I recently got past the first fight with him. I can tell he's going to be hilarious. xD

Sefie1999AD
12-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Is Gilgamesh clearly a comical villain in FFVA? Even though I think the fan translation of FFV SNES was pretty well done, I still didn't realise Gilgamesh was meant to be a comical villain until you encountered him in Exdeath's castle (when he used the Excalipoor and was banished into the Void).

Paul
12-24-2006, 01:14 AM
i've enjoyed this FF script more than all of the other GBA versions. it's hilarious. especially gilgamesh. i love his music too!

vorpal blade
12-24-2006, 09:05 AM
While I'd normally rather see the original translation, the real "original" translation was only in Anthologies, so I'm willing to embrace the insanely funny dialoque in this version. I just left Corwin, and... wait, what lobster?

Galuf rules.

Zeromus_X
12-24-2006, 05:18 PM
It's the Karlabos palette swap you fight when you obtain the airship for the first time.

XxSephirothxX
12-24-2006, 06:05 PM
I certainly laughed at Final Fantasy V the most of the ones I've played. IX is the far funnier game script-wise, though. V is just goofy.

UltimaMasamune
01-22-2007, 10:30 PM
"Knights do it two handed"
"hic..."

I also love

"Gilgamesh: And now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh, it is morphing time!"

ReloadPsi
01-23-2007, 10:37 AM
And now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh, it is morphing time!
Can't wait for this to be available in the UK. I just hope they don't have the same guys rewrite FFX's script though: The thought of them yelling "Overdrive Accelerate!" horrifies me.

10 points to anyone who knows what I'm on about.

Levian
01-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Yes, I think it's the funniest, but it's not like it's really got any competition. The new script had some nice highlights and I can't really remember laughing at intended stuff in FF games. The S-M-R-T thing made me shudder, though. That one is so old and used.

Paul
01-23-2007, 09:13 PM
And now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh, it is morphing time!
Can't wait for this to be available in the UK. I just hope they don't have the same guys rewrite FFX's script though: The thought of them yelling "Overdrive Accelerate!" horrifies me.

10 points to anyone who knows what I'm on about.
you might as well import it. they take the piss with the UK releases, i doubt there'll even be one seeing as FF6 advance is out in the US next month. your DS or GBA will still be able to play it, they are region-free.

Zeromus
01-29-2007, 06:43 AM
I like when Bartz is looking for the play boy magazine on the old japanise version...i don't know if this appears on the new ones... i play the old school games, but if the lines have changed and now are funniest, then maybe i should check it... xD

I like when the Dancer says "you too, the one who is in front of the TV!" xD... laught a lot with that...

Don't remember another one right now...

DarkLadyNyara
01-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Gilgamesh is pure hilarity. :lol:

Chrisrj
02-03-2007, 04:32 AM
I think when Bartz' dad screams his dead wife's name after it goes black, that it's a reference to A Streetcar Named Desire(the film) ("STELLA!!!", also referenced on The Simpsons... imagine Ned Flanders as Bartz's dad X-P)?? I don't know, kind of odd to me, but maybe it wasn't, and I'm dumb.

Yeah the GBA version's much better script-wise, especially without the pirate accent Faris had. Oh, remember in the town by Istory Waterfalls, when you're talking to that one guy who talks about being near all that water, getting an "urge"?

Holy Lancer
03-02-2007, 03:39 AM
This probably is the funniest Final Fantasy because Galuf is just such a goofball.

DK
03-03-2007, 11:45 AM
I love the part where Bartz tries to get them to move on without Galuf and Galuf does his little ninja moves to get out :monster: