PDA

View Full Version : PS3 a bust.

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Play Station 3 was a "Buzz" and came to a big "Bust". Guys have got to read this article of PS3.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163441.html?tag=latestnews;title;4

Venom
12-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Kewl.

LoveArya
12-20-2006, 11:03 PM
wow....

I Am Stoner
12-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Time say that, but I never believe anything about games and stuff like that, I only wait to see it for myself.

Roto13
12-20-2006, 11:13 PM
It's too early to call it a "bust." The launch was a bust, though.

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 11:17 PM
LoL. Well, if it's true if it's worse to something called a "Wii" than wow...

Dreddz
12-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Give the PS3 time...

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Maybe you guys are right, It's just got released. In a while it might be better than they thought.

Timerk
12-20-2006, 11:25 PM
'If I Played It, Here's How It Happened'

*cough*

The PS3 has some big titles coming out next year, but I think the most important will be Oblivion at the end of February. Even though it is already out on other platforms, I think that it will be the first app that really sells the PS3. After that, I think the playing field will level out, even though my feeling is that the PS3 will be a better long term investment, and its games will have more of an epic feel then is possible on the Wii (but maybe not the 360).

For now, though, Zelda is top dog, with Gears a little behind, and the PS3 a long way in the back.

Cloud13
12-20-2006, 11:36 PM
I want to get a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4.

LazarCotoron
12-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Sony blew the launch of their fourth system? The same way they blew the launch of the PSX, PS2, and PSP? NO WAI!

Sony is pushing a little too hard right now, actually. I think it's really showing because intelligent marketing would've waited to put the PS3 out for at least one more year to get the manufacturing cost of the evil blue laser diodes down.

Course... going from $299 at launch for a PS2 to $599 at launch for a PS3 ($499 for the gimped version)... I mean, I'm sorry, but that sort of discrepency-doubled cost-puts people off. More than that, people have been developing a lot of junk ware for the... hm. If XBox 360, the Revoloution (I will not call it a Wii), and the PS3 are all next-gen, does that make the PS2, GC, and XBox current gen? So, back on point... dev's have been making tons of junkware for current gen systems-the hell makes anyone think they're really going to step up and make interesting games with actual content as opposed to bonus doo-dads and thingies?

Call me skeptic-I'll wait 'til the third FF on the PS3 before buying one (well, for FF anyways...)

Roto13
12-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Final Fantasy XV will be a system seller anyway.

Odaisé Gaelach
12-21-2006, 12:23 AM
The console's been out for just under a month and a half and they're already calling it a failure? What the hell are they talking about?

Dreddz
12-21-2006, 12:33 AM
The console's been out for just under a month and a half and they're already calling it a failure? What the hell are they talking about?

There not necessarily calling it a failure by the way.

Ryth
12-21-2006, 01:26 AM
SURPRISE

Um, seriously though, I think the console will pick up, but I don't think it'll ever justify the brutal pricepoint.

RiseToFall
12-21-2006, 01:28 AM
All the systems Sony shipped, sold. How is that a bust?

LunarWeaver
12-21-2006, 01:39 AM
All the systems Sony shipped, sold. How is that a bust?

Yeah, that's sorta what I was thinking. Weren't people getting mugged and such just to get one? While that's not really good, it's better for Sony than the alternative where nobody cares at all.

I think their sales would have been higher if they had more systems at launch. They'll keep putting more on the shelf and they'll keep flying off I think. The preorders were all gone in like 10 seconds, and that sounds like it's doing fine to me.

Timerk
12-21-2006, 01:58 AM
If Sony is counting on FFXV to sell PS3's, they are in serious trouble.

RiseToFall
12-21-2006, 02:09 AM
Wait, why are we talking about FF XV?

Roto, stop confusing people.

oddler
12-21-2006, 02:20 AM

Roto13's obviously talking about the PS4. :p

Games are great but not when they cost so much to play. That statement pretty much goes for all three new systems. Hence, why I own none of them and probably won't. I can tell everyone flat out that I won't be getting a PS3 because they are out of my budget as well as many others'.

Roto13
12-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Wait, why are we talking about FF XV?

Roto, stop confusing people.

Never! :D

escobert
12-21-2006, 02:41 AM
a PS3 is like the last thing on the list of things to buy in this lifetime. I could care less if I ever play of own one.

Timerk
12-21-2006, 02:53 AM

Roto13's obviously talking about the PS4. :p

Call me skeptic-I'll wait 'til the third FF on the PS3 before buying one (well, for FF anyways...)

Not everybody is, though :D.

Read the whole thread.

Erdrick Holmes
12-21-2006, 03:42 AM
Lets see, piss poor game launch
Expensive price
Failed to deliver all of what it promised
Tons of unessesary gloating
Backwards compatability that's not what it was cracked up to be
3rd party developers abandoning ship

Looks like a bust to me. But some fanboy's gonna try and proove me wrong sooner or later. *awaits for a post from Kane or Raistlin*

KH-Cloudy
12-21-2006, 03:47 AM
Not worth the money.

JKTrix
12-21-2006, 04:21 AM
I will be buying a PS3 on February 20th. That's when Virtua Fighter 5 comes out.

It's quite a bit cheaper than buying a plane ticket to Japan for a week, to only play it for a week. And it's hella cheaper than buying th $40,000 arcade cabinet.

Erdrick Holmes
12-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Yeah, then the PS3 will FINALLY have a worthwhile game.

oddler
12-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Not everybody is, though :D.

Read the whole thread.

Read your mom's thread. OOOHHH!

You make a joke, I make a joke. We all scream for ice cream.
But seriously, I'm not saying this:

Not worth the money.
It may be worth the money but that's just outrageous for some good old leisure time. I honestly don't see the fun factor in all these newer games (which is where it's at, by the way, the games and not the system). I'm quite content playing my perfectly fun, perfectly inexpensive video games from yesteryear. I just think they're downright more fun. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Fun!

MecaKane
12-21-2006, 05:14 AM
Expensive price
Aside from the last point, which is something you think because omg suikoden vi on wii, you just described the xbox 360 this time last year.

fantasyjunkie
12-21-2006, 06:08 AM
I have had every console for the last 10 years or so, Sega, Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony. I'm not a fanboy of any of them.
I like Sony a lot. A whole lot. But while I was playing Just Cause on my 360 and FFXII on my PS2 and felt the rumble in both gamepads I realized that unless Sony does something about their controller, I really don't have any desire to get their new console. I actually prefer the PS2 over the PS3 for that reason.
Sony has to do two things before I buy that console. Bring down that insane $600 price tag(I don't give a darn about blueray) and make some kind of deal with Immersion to bring back the rumble feature.

RiseToFall
12-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Expensive price

You've got some valid points there, too bad almost all of those things can be applied to the PS2 launch, and look how that turned out.

Yeah, then the PS3 will FINALLY have a worthwhile game.

Resistance: Fall of Man IS a worthwhile game, with Heavenly Sword set to release very soon.

The Shoeless Hobo
12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Metal Gear Solid possibly coming to 360.

http://ps3center.net/story-138.html

Slothy
12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Expensive price
Aside from the last point, which is something you think because omg suikoden vi on wii, you just described the xbox 360 this time last year.

Heck, I'd say most of those still apply to the 360. Aside from Gears of War (which really doesn't interest me), what exactly are 360 owners playing? Certainly nothing that can be considered a system seller.

It's far too early to call the PS3 a failure, and whether or not it's worth the money is up to the person considering buying it. Me being a drummer, I'm used to paying as much, and even a lot more for some of the gear I've bought, so the price tag on the PS3 really doesn't scare me. And since the only exclusive next-gen titles I want are on the PS3, it's the natural choice for me.

Polaris
12-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Playstation 3 is still very new! When Ps1 came out the first game wasn't the best one! :p I also believe that Ps3 needs new serials... It's just not right to judge it now... We have to wait and see if it really sucks or not! ps3 has a good potential... Sony woulnd't launch a new console for nothing! if they invested it it's because it has probably a good potential! :p

Erdrick Holmes
12-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Expensive price

Wait, I did... except I didn't :moicle:

Here's the 360's launch:

Game launch that actually had alot of good titles
Moderatly expensive
Delivered on alot of what was promised
Backwards compatability that at least works when you apply the FREE updates
3rd party developers jumping in the pool for good times.

Wow, I see you point. :rolleyes2

Jowy
12-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Metal Gear Solid possibly coming to 360.

http://ps3center.net/story-138.html

Shot down! (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12451/Konami-No-Plans-to-Bring-Metal-Gear-Solid-4-to-Xbox-360/)

Suikoden VI on Wii? Explain please.

Flying Mullet
12-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Game launch that actually had alot of good titles
Most 360titles were released on current gen systems or were unoriginal sequels, making the launch title pool pretty stagnant.

Moderatly expensive
At the time it was one of the highest priced gaming consoles ever, just like the PS3 is now.

Delivered on alot of what was promised
The HD DVD drive is being released for the 360 now because it didn't deliver all of what was promised at launch. Both systems failed to deliver all they hoped they would.

Backwards compatability that at least works when you apply the FREE updates
Since we're comparing launch to launch, 360 had just as many backwards compatability issues at launch. PS3 will also have it's free patches in the future.

3rd party developers jumping in the pool for good times.
I agree with you here. Developers have continuously commented that the PS3's dev kit is much harder to work with than the 360's.

Also, people keep forgetting:
They said that the PS3 launch was a bust, not that the PS3 itself was/is a bust.

Ender
12-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Ultimately games sell systems.

Sony has been successful in the past because they had the best library of games (they may have had a lot of junkers, but by sheer volume of games alone they were able to get a number of great games).

As an example, when Nintendo failed to provide a suitable platform for game developers of renewable franchises like EA Sports' huge collection of games, they dug a huge hole that they still might not get out of. They became a Mario-Zelda-SmashBrothers-RE franchise system(s). If you wanted to play sports, racing, FPS games, etc., you were probably going to be playing it on a PS or the Xbox, except for perhaps a few novelties like Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, etc.

As long as Sony hasn't lost the good will of those companies who make the games for their systems, in the long run, as the price comes down over the next couple of years, PS3 will be a success IMO.

Plus they have FF. :D

MecaKane
12-21-2006, 03:07 PM

There's nothing to explain, some stupid site had an article about how you can play most Suikoden games with one hand and since the wii is a one handed controller, as well as it being the least graphically impressive of the generation, like PSX and PS2, and a couple of other silly things. Nothing worth talking about at all, really.

And Joel? Are you really saying Xbox360 is moderately expensive? It's $100 less than the comparable PS3 version. And in Canada, at the launch anyhow, it was something like only $50 cheaper, because Sony didn't want to rape people with the exchange rate. You'd think someone who was planning to move to Canada his entire eoff life would know that. :cool:

Flying Mullet
12-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm curious to see if SE releases FF on any other platforms in the future since they've announced that they will develop games for all platforms.

LazarCotoron
12-21-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm not saying the PS3 is dead on arrival-I'm saying the launch is the same sort of badly planned out joke that all four of Sony's system launches have been. But hey-I'm not comparing it to Nokia's N-Gage. Now that was dead on arrival.

As for Final Fantasy XV, check the thread in the FFXIII section called "3, 3, 3, 3....3" (or something like that). The basic theory stated is that the third and final FF game on a console is the best one. Which well, that's just simply the truth.

No, I think the PS3 will do quite well. It will take some time to pick up steam though. I also think Sony needs to start under promising and over delivering, because the launch of the PS2 and PS3 each suffered...the exact same problem, I think. 400,000 units expected for launch that were unavailable? Artificial scarcity creates artificial demand, which leads to violence. People were mugged for PS2's, and people were shot for PS3's. If these are the signs of a successful launch, there's something very wrong here.

Ender
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm curious to see if SE releases FF on any other platforms in the future since they've announced that they will develop games for all platforms.

I thought that meant they were developing Final Fantasy games for PSP and cell phones in addition to the current Playstation version--basically what they're doing with FFXIII. I never got the sense they were thinking of say, FFXIV being available for xbox and nintendo. Or am I totally mistaken?

Flying Mullet
12-21-2006, 03:58 PM
I know SE is currently developing games for the PS3, Wii, DS and PSP. Not sure about the 360.

Granted, this encompasses the company's entire lineup, including FF and DQ. I just wonder what would happen if they released a FF cross-platform. It would be quite the show-stopper if they announced that FFXIII was going to be released on the 360 as well.

Shoeberto
12-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Technically they have, but it's just been years after the fact on generations beyond when it was originally released. Porting it across the same gen of consoles would be something to see.

Slothy
12-21-2006, 04:13 PM
No, I think the PS3 will do quite well. It will take some time to pick up steam though. I also think Sony needs to start under promising and over delivering, because the launch of the PS2 and PS3 each suffered...the exact same problem, I think. 400,000 units expected for launch that were unavailable? Artificial scarcity creates artificial demand, which leads to violence. People were mugged for PS2's, and people were shot for PS3's. If these are the signs of a successful launch, there's something very wrong here.

Sony's already stated that they've solved the early production issues and are on track to have 1 million units available by the end of the year. They're even going so far as to ship them by air to stores, which is undoubtedly an expensive undertaking.

As for the violence at launch, the same was essentially true of the 360 as well in some places. I wouldn't blame people mugging and shooting other people on a console shortage though.

Rocket Edge
12-21-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm still gonna buy the PS3, so i'll judge it when it comes out. Worrying though..

~*~Celes~*~
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
My dad is obsessed with getting a PS3...I'd rather have a Wii myself, but meh.

From what I saw, the PS3 has some nice stuff. Also, a friend of mine was on ebay, looking up how much things cost, and saw a NEVER OPENED PS3 for over $1,000 USD. Didn't include games or anything. If someone's willing to pay that much for a PS3, I'd say it's NOT a bust, but a buzz.

darkchrono
12-22-2006, 03:53 AM
You should disregard anything that article said when he/she started making the genital jokes.

Avarice-ness
12-22-2006, 03:55 AM
People at Gamestop were saying before it came out the ps3 was the best thing since sliced bread, now they say they're selling more Wii's and Wii accessories than they ever thought possible.

Wii > Ps3

[Edit] I noticed how alot of people were saying that all the ps3's shipped were bought. Just because a mass amount of items are bought doesn't mean it's that great, once they rip the box open and realize what-ever-doesn't-appeal to them is there, they prolly just figure they'll wait around until the big games come out. It's the hype and the various games that make it a seller. Kind of like the PSP, I wanted that just for luminus, then I realized it'd be a really REALLY big waste of money.

Roto13
12-22-2006, 04:30 AM
A massive amount wasn't bought anyway, because a massive amount wasn't made.

Madame Adequate
12-22-2006, 04:35 AM
Well sure the launch was a bust, anyone can see that.

I'll get back to you in three years about whether the console itself is a bust, though.

RiseToFall
12-22-2006, 04:39 AM
[Edit] Just because a mass amount of items are bought doesn't mean it's that great, once they rip the box open and realize what-ever-doesn't-appeal to them is there, they prolly just figure they'll wait around until the big games come out.

I'm sorry, do you own a PS3 to make that kind of claim? How can you speak for other people, and say that they are disappointed in their purchase.

Avarice-ness
12-22-2006, 05:20 AM
[Edit] Just because a mass amount of items are bought doesn't mean it's that great, once they rip the box open and realize what-ever-doesn't-appeal to them is there, they prolly just figure they'll wait around until the big games come out.

I'm sorry, do you own a PS3 to make that kind of claim? How can you speak for other people, and say that they are disappointed in their purchase.

My sister brought hers down when she came to visit, I wasn't too impressed, I did like the fact there weren't many pixels at the edge of things and things were shinier, I guess I'm just not one for graphics that look -that- 3D graphicy, I'd rather watch the games than play them. I wouldn't buy it given the money or the choice. Plus the guys at Gamestop were right, unless you have an HD Tv graphics arn't going to look as great. :(
My dad's big Tv is new and is prolly why everything didn't look as shiny as the demo's at Gamestop. If I did buy one ever, I'd buy a new Tv to go with it.

RiseToFall
12-22-2006, 05:25 AM
Well the reason I said that was because my buddy got one with a copy of Resistance, and let me try it out for a while. I thought it was great, and he's damn happy with it. I know there's this whole anti-Sony thing going on right now, but some of the things people are saying are just ridiculous.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-22-2006, 06:31 AM
I'm not going to buy a PS3 because I refuse to pay six hundred dollars for a console. I'd rather buy a Wii for two hundred and fifty dollars.

The Shoeless Hobo
12-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Virtua Fighter 5 comes to 360.

http://gamesnews.virgin.net/Virgin/Lifestyle/Games/virginGamesNewsDetail/0,13470,1792737_technology,00.html

KentaRawr!
12-22-2006, 01:09 PM
The launch most certainly sucked. But it seems as though that eventually, I'm going to have to buy the darned thing.

Vivisteiner
12-22-2006, 01:46 PM
The launch was crap. I have no idea how successful it will be overall, but the only thing tying me to the PS3 is Final Fantasy.

Slothy
12-22-2006, 01:52 PM
People at Gamestop were saying before it came out the ps3 was the best thing since sliced bread, now they say they're selling more Wii's and Wii accessories than they ever thought possible.

Wii > Ps3

Now look at your next paragraph.

[Edit] I noticed how alot of people were saying that all the ps3's shipped were bought. Just because a mass amount of items are bought doesn't mean it's that great, once they rip the box open and realize what-ever-doesn't-appeal to them is there, they prolly just figure they'll wait around until the big games come out. It's the hype and the various games that make it a seller. Kind of like the PSP, I wanted that just for luminus, then I realized it'd be a really REALLY big waste of money.

Did you notice that you try to rag on the PS3 for selling out, even though you use sales as your argument for the Wii being better than the PS3. Come on now...

As far as people buying into the hype and then being dissapointed; I had a friend who thought the Wii would be the greatest thing since sliced bread (and coincidentally is the biggest Nintendo fanboy I've ever met). Once he played it at a friends house (played Wii Sports, Zelda, and a few others) even he agreed with me that it's not really worth buying right now, and would be better off waiting for games that make better use of the controller and have a little more depth to them. I don't bring this up to say that the Wii is bad or anything, but more to show that your point of people buying into the hype and then being dissapointed applies to every console. It's all a matter of personal taste.

Erdrick Holmes
12-22-2006, 02:15 PM

http://www.gamerumors.net/2006/12/17/is-suikoden-vi-coming-to-wii/

Mo-Nercy
12-22-2006, 04:29 PM
To be honest, I haven't followed the launches. I don't expect to buy a next-gen console at all until sometime next year AT LEAST.

Everything's a dud to me. Nothing has appealed to me to make me want to buy it now. But in all fairness, I haven't really put much effort into seeing what games are coming out on what or what I can expect from the hardware.

All I know is that PS3 is atrociously priced and my friend already has a Wii. I'm all sorted. Temporarily.

Madame Adequate
12-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Sony were unfortunate, trying to release the PS3 at that price into this market. Because if you actually look at what you buy, you're getting a fucking incredible deal. But most people just think consoles have a set price range (Although nobody seems to question the quality of the massively underpriced Wii) and that there's no way a console could actually be worth more, even if a quick glance at the hardware shows it is. Edit: And when you account for inflation the PS1 cost about the same.

360 ftw, anyway.

Seriously, I'm not joking about that. Best purchase I made in 2006 imo. It's hard to see either of the new systems top it in any short period of time.

Vincent, Thunder God
12-23-2006, 03:39 AM
Someone at Time is on Microsoft's payroll.

tidus_rox
12-23-2006, 03:48 AM
PS3 is amazing. I love it, better than the Wii. I dont know what people see in Nintendo... PS3 ROCKS!!!! SONY ROCKS!!!!

Roto13
12-23-2006, 03:52 AM
So what are you, dreddz's sidekick?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-23-2006, 05:59 AM
PS3 is amazing. I love it, better than the Wii. I dont know what people see in Nintendo... PS3 ROCKS!!!! SONY ROCKS!!!!

Well considering that the Wii has a News channel, DS connectivity, a Photo channel, a Internet channel, a Forecast channel, a Shopping channel, backwards compatiblity, an inexpensive price tag, and a free game bundled with the console I'd say that's a pretty good deal...Not to mention that the Wii games are ten bucks cheaper than the 360 and PS3 games!:) The only thing that's missing is a DVD channel.

Darth Anarcus
12-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Yeah, it's having major problems right now, and they aren't releasing any more until after Christmas. It's supposed to be compatable with all PS1 and PS2 games, but there's a list of like three hundred that it isn't. And the resolution for PS1 and PS2 games looks positively dreadful on PS3 when compaired to PS2. And they tend to overheat.

Hopefully all of these issues will be resolved soon. I personally will not buy one for at least a year, or when the next Final Fantasy, Star Wars or Mortal Kombat game comes out for it.

Rainecloud
12-23-2006, 09:16 AM
A smile always appears on my face when I read articles like that. I'm actually starting to feel quite sorry for Sony. I'm assuming they'll land on their feet with PS3 (as they always seem to do), but reading all that negative press must really depress the poor little guys.

Slicksword45
12-23-2006, 02:02 PM
most, if not every, launch tends to bust. yes, that includes the 360 launch.

look at the bright side, the Ps3 dosen't seem to have as many problems as the Ps2/Ps1 did when it launched.

Dreddz
12-23-2006, 03:32 PM
360 ftw, anyway.

Seriously, I'm not joking about that. Best purchase I made in 2006 imo. It's hard to see either of the new systems top it in any short period of time.

Agreed. The 360 has definitely proven to be a worth while purchase. I reckon it'll probably be the best system out till 2008, by then the PS3 should get back on its feet and have plenty of decent games out and a lower price tag. This time is merely a dark spot on Sony's yellow brick road, hopefully this will push Sony to lower the price earlier than planned, I need one by mid 07.

So what are you, dreddz's sidekick?

I actually hate Sony. Along with Nintendo and Microsoft. Shes in her own little fanclub, sorry.

Crossblades
12-23-2006, 03:47 PM

I don't see how you love something that has mediocre to crappy games. Are you the type of person that think Graphics are everything? Better yet, explain to me why the PS3 is considered "amazing." And don't give me a crappy answer like "It just does" or "it has awesome graphics." I'm not buying these answers

Dreddz
12-23-2006, 03:52 PM

I don't see how you love something that has mediocre to crappy games. Are you the type of person that think Graphics are everything? Better yet, explain to me why the PS3 is considered "amazing." And don't give me a crappy answer like "It just does." I'm not buying that answer

He didnt say anything about graphics in his post.

Crossblades
12-23-2006, 03:56 PM

I don't see how you love something that has mediocre to crappy games. Are you the type of person that think Graphics are everything? Better yet, explain to me why the PS3 is considered "amazing." And don't give me a crappy answer like "It just does." I'm not buying that answer

He didnt say anything about graphics in his post.

He did here though

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=99117

Yes I know what it is... Gameplay? Well I pay more attention to graphics...

KentaRawr!
12-23-2006, 04:05 PM
That seems like an honest answer. He pays more attention to graphics than gameplay, so he prefers the Ps3. While I, and most of us, generally look at gameplay moreso than graphics, we can't change what he concentrates more on.

Edit: Of course, that is not to imply that graphics are all that the Ps3 has that one can respect. Saying such would just be ignorant.

Roto13
12-23-2006, 05:24 PM
I actually hate Sony.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! *dies*

KentaRawr!
12-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I actually hate Sony.

Just because he hates Nintendo doesn't mean he likes Sony. Of course, this probably isn't my place to intervein, as it is now an argument of one's personality on the forums, and not a more general topic.

Dreddz
12-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I actually hate Sony.

If you paid attention to my posts then you would of known this ages ago, why the sudden shock ? Sony are ignorant fools, but that dosent change the fact that I enjoy their consoles a whole lot.

Oh and Kentarou, sly comments like that dont get unnoticed you nintendog.

Slicksword45
12-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I like gameplay over graphics, yet i'm takeing the Ps3 over the Wii. Only 2 games so far have intressed me on the Wii (Red steel, which I herd sucked, unfortanly, and Metroid Prime 3, But i'm not going to buy a Wii for 1 game.)

I'm intrested in 3-ish (might have been 4, I can't remember all of the launch games) launch games for the Ps3 (Resistence: Fall of man, Call of Duty 3 and Genji: Day of the blade, regardless that I herd it sucked) and alot more games in the future. (MGS4, both FFs, Oblivion, Mercs 2, F.E.A.R, Splinter cell: Double Agent and others that I can't remember now.) I looked at all those games, and it was the gameplay that intressed me, not the graphics. :)