PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Sights to Behold

Dynast-Kid
12-20-2006, 11:10 PM
I know this topic has probably been done before, but i'm making this anyway. If there is currently a thread like this, just close mine.

Anyways,

What (in your opinion) is the most beautiful/stunning/aesthetically pleasing location in Ivalice?

For me, it would have to be the Stilshrine of Miriam. Not so much the actual inside of the building, but the exterior. When I first arrived there from crossing the Paramina Rift, my eyes had a visual orgasm. It was so beautiful. I loved how the colors and architecture blended together to make such a beautiful place. The whole location has a whole beautiful Persian theme to it, and I find myself going to the Stilshrine often, just to look at the place. The music and visuals of the whole place just are really something to take in. The inside of the Stilshrine is dark and kinda creepy, but does have its strong points. The statues really give off an archaic vibe and really makes you think that this place is old (especially the panther and ram/sphinx statues). I just really wanna know why the Stone Brave statues have tails...I also loved the collossus in the center of the building, especially the way its large Sword of Judgment makes a barrier between those two sections in the Ward of the Sword-King. But my favorite interior feature is the geared mechanism where the Sword of Kings is found. It's so complex and pretty.

LazarCotoron
12-21-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm enjoying Giruvegan, actually. It reminds me of the sort of place I actually want to live.

Impact wise, I'd have to say the Tomb of King Raithwall when you enter into the Mist for the very first time. I was utterly blown away and creeped out as I started to see things in the Mist... and it still holds the visual impact. I think I even saw the ghostly visage of a boss monster in one of the Mist areas.

chionos
12-21-2006, 12:42 AM
For some reason, I really enjoyed Giza. The weather/terrain effects were fun and interesting and it's a horrible shame that the same detail was not incorporated into other areas. I didn't really like the insides of the ships. I think with the time and abilities they had available, they could have made the ship corriders much more alluring. I understand that most of what they did fit a purpose, but I still think a little more artistic attention could have been spared. Another area I really liked was the feywood, especially the two snowy areas before Giruvegan. The snow almost reminded me of the blizzards in FFXI and the first time I ever entered Beaucedine in a full blizzard and watched as a giant black tiger materialized from the storm. It was an epic battle(at lvl 35-40 or something). I guess anything with snow will impress me to some extent just because I like snow so much. But also the illusory mysterious feeling of the mist mixed with the snow and the illusions that lead the way to the end was, I thought, rather well done.

Dreddz
12-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Eruyt Village.

LunarWeaver
12-21-2006, 02:17 AM
I really like Rabanstre because it's so...epic. Something about Rainy Giza plains gets me a lot as well. I also had a jaw-drop when I saw the outside of Miriam. The whole game is so pretty I can't even believe it.

Moon Rabbits
12-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Mt. Bur Omisace was so pretty, as was Paramina Rift.

The Great Crystal's outside was really nice in Giruvegan, but the inside not so much.

I remember being pretty wowed by the Cerobi Step with it's windmills 'n' all.

Citywise, Archades, even if the areas you could play were disappointingly small.

Nevermind, all of FFXII is damn pretty.

EDIT: Also, as Dreddz said, Eruyt Village is a sight to behold.

Wolf Kanno
12-21-2006, 04:48 AM
Bjujerba(sp?) was pretty, especially when you went to the look out at the bottom of the map. I love floating cities:love:

Balfoheim was very pretty too but I always loved port cities.

Giruvegan is pretty but the Pharos of Ridoria is still my favorite dungeon. I love the waterfall...

Dell
12-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Ridorana Cataract, Pharos at Ridorana, Necrohol of Nabudis, Salikawood and Bhujerba.

WinterIsComing
12-21-2006, 02:56 PM
I really like Rabanastre...it's simply epic in size and structure. Lots of fun to run around in and there's plenty to see. I keep going back to it, not just because it acts as the main hub, but because I love the visuals...

Renmiri
12-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Giruvegan's sunset. Bhujerba. The sandseas, Phon coast. Nabreus, Stillshrine. The game is just a visual orgy full of visual org.. (down Ren!). I just love the world they cooked up, and the animated 3D graphics they made.

Here's a view of balfonheim I ripped last week Wolf Kano :D

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Balfonheim_0004.jpg

Remon
12-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Eruyt Village was my favourite.It was quite pretty with all those trees and viera's around.Plus it's quite there so that's an ideal place to live in.

Wolf Kanno
12-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Giruvegan's sunset. Bhujerba. The sandseas, Phon coast. Nabreus, Stillshrine. The game is just a visual orgy full of visual org.. (down Ren!). I just love the world they cooked up, and the animated 3D graphics they made.

Here's a view of balfonheim I ripped last week Wolf Kano :D

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Balfonheim_0004.jpg

It's so pretty:eek:

Thanks for the ocean view Renmiri.

mack10
12-26-2006, 08:24 AM
I'd have to say Ridorana. That place is pretty damn good looking but reall, the whol game is so good looking for a PS2 game..but my favorites are Ridorana and the Estersands.

Zeromus_X
12-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I think my jaw dropped at the ethereal wonder of crossing a magical bridge into the Great Crystal from Giruvegan. That entire area is just real pretty.

Diango12
12-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Mt. Bur-Omisace! I was in a complete hysteria when I layed eyes on this temple I was stunned by the visual beauty and the floating earth decorating the already beautifull sky. The placement of Minerets and the Sermic style architecture blew me away. If we could see what Babylon looked like today this would be it! I loved the Arabian theme and setting throughtout the game but this one did it for me

I still visit Mt. Bur-Omisace once in a while if only to take in the view. :moomba:

N8V_Tidus25
12-31-2006, 11:34 AM
the PHON COAST was amazing, as the silika wood and eruyt village, along with the stilshrine of miriam, this whole game just makes my eyes want more, POST PICTURES PLEASE!!

Renmiri
12-31-2006, 08:49 PM
I posted Balfonheim Port above. Here's Phon Coast (cloudy skies, sorry) and Eruyt Village entrance
http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Phon_0002.jpg http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Eruyt_0001.jpg

I think my jaw dropped at the ethereal wonder of crossing a magical bridge into the Great Crystal from Giruvegan. That entire area is just real pretty.

Aye!!!