PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually get to open presents early or anything?

Polnareff
12-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Yes, it's a weird question, but I'm sure someone out there gets early Christmas/Hanukkah/whatever presents sometimes.

I just got my PSp today, and was supposed to wrap it up and put it under the tree, but my mom let me keep it to play it (her reasoning being that I'm 18 years old now and it seems kinda odd to have your presents wrapped up and under the tree at an adult age). Up to this year, every Christmas Eve, if I managed to stay up late enough, my parents would let me open a couple presents before Christmas morning.

Araciel
12-21-2006, 12:35 AM
we used to get the kid-solution one present christmas eve...my parents got bored cause we'd always pick the biggest knowing what they were, so eventually they started just keeping the big stuff and setting it out unwrapped

Shlup
12-21-2006, 12:37 AM
December 6th is Saint Nicholas Day, so my mother-in-law fills our stockings with goodies. Then the gifts trickle in from clients at work. Then we usually split holidays between sides of families, so Christmas Eve and sometimes Christmas Eve Eve are Christmas celebrations. That's usually it though.

Tavrobel
12-21-2006, 12:48 AM
My sister and I have had a deal for the last three years. I get my Christmas present whenever the OC DVDs come out. Ohh, the festival of gently tearing away the clear plastic, to open my shiny DVD box set.

Otherwise, in all other cases, I get to open empty present boxes.

Money goes straight to the bank.

sephirothishere
12-21-2006, 12:52 AM
i havent got any presents...im waitin for santa claus....i bet santa is old...he must be 7!!!...hahaha...googoogoo...kids say the darndest things....

Kamiko
12-21-2006, 01:26 AM
Generally speaking, I usually sneak into the present area and open the video games, take the discs out and replace them with blank discs. Then, I go back and play the games.
I have never been caught.

DarkHeat787
12-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Yep. I get tp open FFXII on Christmas Eve.

Hooray for newer Final Fantasy games!

Kinda wish there were Jagds in it so I could get rid of Vaan though. o.o

oddler
12-21-2006, 01:29 AM
It's a must that I open gifts before Christmas as I have five dinners/get-togethers/opening sessions I must attend.

kikimm
12-21-2006, 01:31 AM
I know a lot of kids are able to convince their parents that they can open one early, but at my house, half the family is Swedish, so it's like a custom thing to open one. On Christmas Eve. I guess it's okay. I prefer opening them all on Christmas, though.

Hambone
12-21-2006, 01:33 AM
We get to open ours on Christmas eve this year. :D

Rusty
12-21-2006, 01:36 AM
We usually get one early. That's happened already. But I prefer waiting till Christmas.

Polnareff
12-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Generally speaking, I usually sneak into the present area and open the video games, take the discs out and replace them with blank discs. Then, I go back and play the games.
I have never been caught.

I actually thought about doing that a few times but never got up the guts to. :p

Timerk
12-21-2006, 01:38 AM
(her reasoning being that I'm 18 years old now and it seems kinda odd to have your presents wrapped up and under the tree at an adult age)

That is one of the most horrible things I have ever heard :mad2: .

CimminyCricket
12-21-2006, 01:41 AM
yeah, i got to open a few presents early...they were gag gifts...(myfamily is strange I guess) and they were all army man related... jerks

Leen-Leen
12-21-2006, 03:26 AM
Nah, I like opening my presents on Christmas day itself xD I mean, at midnight.

Madonna
12-21-2006, 04:08 AM
My parents allowed us to open one present on Christmas Eve, after dinner. No other presents were opened up until ten or eleven the next morning, after everyone was awake and had their belly filled. Present-opening is a group activity.

Tasura
12-21-2006, 04:19 AM
For years, as long back as I can rememerb I've gotten one present before going to bed Christmas Eve, and any gits that are at the places we go, which usually consits of my father's bosses house, and my grandmothers house.

Yuffie514
12-21-2006, 05:02 AM
i usually open them once i receive them. American holidays are usually celebrated partially by my family, so it's not really a gamble with luck to open presents up too early.

Shoeberto
12-21-2006, 05:33 AM
December 6th is Saint Nicholas Day, so my mother-in-law fills our stockings with goodies. Then the gifts trickle in from clients at work. Then we usually split holidays between sides of families, so Christmas Eve and sometimes Christmas Eve Eve are Christmas celebrations. That's usually it though.
I had never heard of this until just a few weeks ago... actually, I was job shadowing at some place in a nearby town and all of the people I was with at lunch were talking about it. It almost seems greeting-card-company-holiday-esque in its nature but I dunno.

My sister and I have always been allowed one present on Christmas eve, though my parents have to pick out which one. So it's not always something worthwhile.

Roto13
12-21-2006, 05:38 AM
I've gotta a couple from friends that I've opened early. A book and a painting.

Avarice-ness
12-21-2006, 05:45 AM
Today's like my christmas because my family minus my mom is here, so I opened all but like one of my presents already. I don't really plan on Celebrating Christmas on the 25th. I'll be too tired from work and I don't see the point in it.

Miriel
12-21-2006, 05:56 AM
My best friends and I already did our Secret Santa exchange on Saturday. I ended up getting a bike (I needed one!), some cookbooks, bendy straws (yay!), and kitchen-y stuff.

Only problem is that the bike is too big for me (it was a mountain bike) and so I'm gonna try and exchange it for something smaller and more usable for riding around campus.

Madame Adequate
12-21-2006, 06:01 AM
No. I mean, I could, no problem. But it'd probably upset my mom, and I don't need to deal with that on top of all my other :skull::skull::skull::skull: right now.

Christmas
12-21-2006, 06:03 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98149 :(

KH-Cloudy
12-21-2006, 07:03 AM
One week ealier should be pretty earlier.

Twisted Tinkerbell
12-21-2006, 10:12 AM
I got to open my present from my best friend last week when I saw him I got a cute little spider necklace, and I'll probably open the presant from my boyfriend tomorrow, just cause I really want to know what the hell it is.

Khaotic
12-21-2006, 10:22 AM
I always get mine early...

Little Blue
12-21-2006, 11:08 AM
In my house, my folks have always insisted that we open presents on Christmas day. We have a tradition that we wait til about 10 or 11 in the morning before we open them, but sometimes I got to open one when I get up a few hours earlier, so that kinda counts I guess :p

Rye
12-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Nope, usually not. I did get one present very early for Christmas this year though, my nice green jacket.

KentaRawr!
12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I never get to open my presents early. However, I do FIND the presents, and partially open them so I can at least find out what they are. Also, when I gave my friends at school Christmas gifts, only one of them listened to me when I said "Wait until Christmas."

Polaris
12-21-2006, 12:16 PM
This year actually I own't have many presents because my parents gave them along november and december :D

Peegee
12-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I am thinking of letting my brother get the computer I bought him (I bought him a new computer for Christmas -- all made from scratch) early, but I haven't purchased a new keyboard / rest of the ram yet!

Other than that, I think we have this tradition of opening a present on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing day is a splurge day (and shopping fun too!)

It works out.

DK
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I got the TV for my bedroom early because it was like, 28 inch screen and the thing is fucking bigger than Australia, and too much of a pain in the arse to carry downstairs and upstairs more than once, so I just got it as soon as we moved into the new house. Very nice it is, too. Shadow of the Colossus on a giant tv is awesome. :D

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Not my own. But I bought everyone chocolate as a stocking filler and got hungry so ate some. But I'll be rebuying it again on Saturday so don't think less of me. :(

Pike
12-21-2006, 02:59 PM
We get one present on Christmas Eve.

And I get a lot of presents tomorrow! (granted it's cause it's my birthday, but still.)

CimminyCricket
12-21-2006, 04:13 PM
My parents allowed us to open one present on Christmas Eve, after dinner. No other presents were opened up until ten or eleven the next morning, after everyone was awake and had their belly filled. Present-opening is a group activity.

11? gods you're lucky!! My younger brother wakes us all up at 5:30 in the freakin' morning screaming that "Santa was here!" ><
I despise 10 year olds...

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Christmas Eve, one present. Kinda sucks now since I usually know 90% of my presents.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-21-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't get many presents anymore since I've grown out of it. I've done the opposite and opened a present well after Christmas (a year to be exact)

Zeldy
12-21-2006, 04:26 PM
They all are opened on Christmas day from intimate family. If I get presents from my friends I open them, but I didn't do Christmas for my friends this year. (It was costing far too much. Think about, presents worth £10-15 for about 6/7 people).

Im getting older now, so I only usually wake up at 10/11 and then we have to make my parents breakfast, and tea, and they eat it in bed whilst we open the presents.
When I was little I used to get one at the end of my bed, but not any more ;__;
My other relatives give me gifts on Boxing day.

Alive-Cat
12-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I managed to find my new guitar in my house and I played on it a bit.

XxSephirothxX
12-21-2006, 05:32 PM
When I was younger I always tried to get my parents to let me open a present or two on Christmas eve. I eventually stopped that in a desperate attempt to make Christmas day still feel festive as I grew older. Now I don't really care at all. :p It's just stuff. This year my mom and I exchanged gifts early because I probably won't get to see her again until several weeks after Christmas.

Mirage
12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes, it's a weird question, but I'm sure someone out there gets early Christmas/Hanukkah/whatever presents sometimes.

I just got my PSp today, and was supposed to wrap it up and put it under the tree, but my mom let me keep it to play it (her reasoning being that I'm 18 years old now and it seems kinda odd to have your presents wrapped up and under the tree at an adult age). Up to this year, every Christmas Eve, if I managed to stay up late enough, my parents would let me open a couple presents before Christmas morning.

What? I'm 21 and my presents still lie under the Christmas tree, along with the presents for my parents and everyone else's.

Here in Norway, it's usual to open the presents on Christmas eve. When I was younger, I was allowed to open one around mid-day or something, because me and my brother was so damned impatient :p.

CimminyCricket
12-21-2006, 06:08 PM
That sucks...it may just be "stuff" but most of the time its cool stuff! :cD

unless its socks and clothes...but books and such rule!

snacks
12-21-2006, 06:16 PM
christmas baby=suck.

so we'd get presents for christmas eve and then christmas, and generally there were more christmas eve presents cause that's when the whole family was together opening them. so yah.

Chloe.
12-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I never get to open presents early. :( They're all opened on Christmas day.

LoveArya
12-21-2006, 06:46 PM
One present on Christmas Eve.......
My brother is 9, and gets on a kareoke machine, and starts screaming in it to wake the house up at about 3 in the morning

~*~Celes~*~
12-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Used to be allowed to when I was younger, but mom and dad thought it took away from the suspense :p so now I have to wait.

I'm 16 and I still open presents under the tree, and I always will :) Something about it just adds to the excitement, in my opinion.

Spiffing Cheese
12-21-2006, 06:53 PM
The only time I have EVER been allowed to open a Christmas present early was... god, about ten years ago, and even then, "early" was just the very early hours of Christmas Day. I was about six, anyway, and I woke up to my cat throwing up on my bed, so my mother let my brother and I open a present each. xD When I think back that seems really weird. My cat barfed on me so I got to have a present. :confused:

I don't have my presents under the Christmas tree. I have them in a huge stocking (it's red and sock shaped with a picture of a rocking horse on it!) at the bottom of the bed. At sixteen I still make my parents put it there in the middle of the night. I'm such a child. :D

Renmiri
12-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Me and my 6 year old are already playing with one of his X-mas gifts: "Zelda Twilight Princess" for the gamecube. We just couldn't resist :D

Mirage
12-21-2006, 08:14 PM
You naughty girl you.

Laddy
12-21-2006, 08:21 PM
I was told all of my gifts from mmy folks, hello, I have a Wii.

Renmiri
12-21-2006, 10:27 PM
You naughty girl you.
:p I am worse than my 6 year old for new games :p